ImageImageImageImageImage

The Home Stretch

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

StreakyJ
Sophomore
And1: 35

Re: The Home Stretch 

Post#41 » by StreakyJ » Mon May 31, 2021 5:23 am

I like Zubac banging against Gobert next series. However ... if Zubac had trouble guarding Luca on switches (he was much better tonigh) ... Donovan is probably even tougher. Side note: I got Donovan as the best closer in the game right now. And he showed it again late against Memphis, made them look quite inexperienced as he got to the line 3 times in the last 3 min. I give him the nod over Dame, Steph, and LBJ because of his strength, athleticism, and saavy to get to the hole and get fouled or pull up in your face for 3 ... remember, everyone talks about Jamal Murray in the playoffs last year, BUT Mitchell was right there with him making one ridiculous shot after another after another, **** was mindblowing what those 2 did.
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#42 » by StreakyJ » Mon May 31, 2021 5:25 am

esqtvd wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:Atlanta's going EC finals. Starting to figure eachother out and peak at the right time. They will upset one of the big 3 (Phili/Mil/Brooklyn). Liked their look early on with Hunter/Reddish long and athletic on the wings ... haven't even heard those two names for a while and they beating solid teams without Tre in the lineup. Capela will be the playoff glue to keep them grounded while they put up numbers.

Lou Williams will do more [and already has] for the Atlanta Hawks than Rajon Rondo will do for the Los Angeles Clippers.

Debate. :lol:

I'm just glad it was a smart trade by each team to swap to get the better fit for what they need. Makes for better basketball overall. Pretty even so far, both contributing.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Mon May 31, 2021 6:03 am

StreakyJ wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:Atlanta's going EC finals. Starting to figure eachother out and peak at the right time. They will upset one of the big 3 (Phili/Mil/Brooklyn). Liked their look early on with Hunter/Reddish long and athletic on the wings ... haven't even heard those two names for a while and they beating solid teams without Tre in the lineup. Capela will be the playoff glue to keep them grounded while they put up numbers.

Lou Williams will do more [and already has] for the Atlanta Hawks than Rajon Rondo will do for the Los Angeles Clippers.

I'm just glad it was a smart trade by each team to swap to get the better fit for what they need. Makes for better basketball overall. Pretty even so far, both contributing.

FTR I was in favor of the trade. For both teams--Rondo was doing nothing in ATL and Lou was not going to carry us forward esp with Trezz gone.

Lou carried us through January so he still left here a hero, not a reject. When we look back on it in a few years when the smoke lears, Lou is a top 10 Clipper of all time. Respect.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#44 » by StreakyJ » Mon May 31, 2021 7:27 am

esqtvd wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

FTR I was in favor of the trade. For both teams--Rondo was doing nothing in ATL and Lou was not going to carry us forward esp with Trezz gone.

Lou carried us through January so he still left here a hero, not a reject. When we look back on it in a few years when the smoke lears, Lou is a top 10 Clipper of all time. Respect.

If Atlanta had paid Gallinari and Bogdan each a couple mil less per year (Gallinari at $20M per is ludicrous) they could have comfortably kept Lou on for 2-3 more years for an easy 6-8 pts in 10min/game to spell Tre.
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#45 » by StreakyJ » Mon May 31, 2021 7:32 am

StreakyJ wrote:I like Zubac banging against Gobert next series. However ... if Zubac had trouble guarding Luca on switches (he was much better tonigh) ... Donovan is probably even tougher. Side note: I got Donovan as the best closer in the game right now. And he showed it again late against Memphis, made them look quite inexperienced as he got to the line 3 times in the last 3 min. I give him the nod over Dame, Steph, and LBJ because of his strength, athleticism, and saavy to get to the hole and get fouled or pull up in your face for 3 ... remember, everyone talks about Jamal Murray in the playoffs last year, BUT Mitchell was right there with him making one ridiculous shot after another after another, **** was mindblowing what those 2 did.

KD we'll see, obviously he was #1 but injury return hasn't been tested yet. Kyrie basically the same.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#46 » by esqtvd » Mon May 31, 2021 8:38 am

StreakyJ wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:

If Atlanta had paid Gallinari and Bogdan each a couple mil less per year (Gallinari at $20M per is ludicrous) they could have comfortably kept Lou on for 2-3 more years for an easy 6-8 pts in 10min/game to spell Tre.

Lou has done well for ATL so far. But if they don't want him back, as long there's a contract [regardless of the money] and a roster spot, Lou will be there. Jamal would be still playing in the NBA today if anyone would let him. It's how they roll.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,318

Post#47 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon May 31, 2021 7:38 pm

esqtvd wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Lou has done well for ATL so far. But if they don't want him back, as long there's a contract [regardless of the money] and a roster spot, Lou will be there. Jamal would be still playing in the NBA today if anyone would let him. It's how they roll.

McMilllan has been smart in the way he is using Lou too- his minutes are quite restricted to minimize how much he gives away on defense
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,318

Post#48 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon May 31, 2021 7:39 pm

StreakyJ wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:

I think they are more likely to lose in the first round than make the conference finals

Sending you home with Spike next game.

Capela is the ideal center to battle Embid. Embid will get his perimeter points but he won't dominate the glass at Capela's expense. If Atlanta can limit Phili 2nd shots and Collins/Hunter can keep Tobias to around 15-20 ppg, Atlanta has a shot. I'd MUCH rather Reddish were back to throw another long defender at Simmons/Harris (Atlanta was killing it early in the season with that 3-n-D perimiter threat with Tre), we'll just have to see if Reddish returns. Maybe NY winning the next game is better for Reiddish. Give them another 2-3 days and let Atlanta close it out at home in 6. Be another game for Hunter to get his legs also.

I'm not a Knick fan- so I don't care if they lose and I don't bet on basketball either- so I don't care really. I must admit that Atlanta has surprised me so far. We'll see if they can close them out. I don't like their chances against Philly though if they do advance
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#49 » by MartinToVaught » Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 pm

Atlanta does seem like the kind of team that Doc would choke against.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,419

Post#50 » by TrueLAfan » Mon May 31, 2021 9:07 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:

McMilllan has been smart in the way he is using Lou too- his minutes are quite restricted to minimize how much he gives away on defense

There's also the fact that--of all the players he could be coming in for, Trae has the most similar game. Trae is like an A+ Lou--better range, better scoring, better everything--but the same basic strengths and weaknesses. When Lou comes in, there's less of a shift for the rest of the Hawks. That sort of continuity helps.
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#51 » by StreakyJ » Mon May 31, 2021 9:38 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

There's also the fact that--of all the players he could be coming in for, Trae has the most similar game. Trae is like an A+ Lou--better range, better scoring, better everything--but the same basic strengths and weaknesses. When Lou comes in, there's less of a shift for the rest of the Hawks. That sort of continuity helps.

Atlanta also doesn't have a bunch of senior players thinking they are entitled to shots instead of Lou. They're smart enough to utilize what works, which has been a bit of an issue for the Clippers all season. Rondo's like the only guy that looks for Zubac when he seals off the defender for easy buckets, which is one of the most basic passes in basketball that the NBA has brilliantly almost completely eradicated by all the ego maniacs hunting their own shots. So yes, use Lou for exactly what he's good for, which is what Atlanta does.
StreakyJ
Sophomore

Post#52 » by StreakyJ » Mon May 31, 2021 10:12 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
StreakyJ wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I think they are more likely to lose in the first round than make the conference finals

Sending you home with Spike next game.

Capela is the ideal center to battle Embid. Embid will get his perimeter points but he won't dominate the glass at Capela's expense. If Atlanta can limit Phili 2nd shots and Collins/Hunter can keep Tobias to around 15-20 ppg, Atlanta has a shot. I'd MUCH rather Reddish were back to throw another long defender at Simmons/Harris (Atlanta was killing it early in the season with that 3-n-D perimiter threat with Tre), we'll just have to see if Reddish returns. Maybe NY winning the next game is better for Reiddish. Give them another 2-3 days and let Atlanta close it out at home in 6. Be another game for Hunter to get his legs also.

I'm not a Knick fan- so I don't care if they lose and I don't bet on basketball either- so I don't care really. I must admit that Atlanta has surprised me so far. We'll see if they can close them out. I don't like their chances against Philly though if they do advance

Hey we're ALL ears on your opinion on Atlanta versus Phili now that you've made sure to highlight you don't care, don't bet, and were wrong on Atlanta in round one. Love this site. Edited by mod. Take it easy, man. It's a Clipper board and most of us don't care much about New York--and saying Atlanta is playing better than expected but is likely to struggle with the Sixers isn't being combative or rude. It is, however, pretty realistic.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers