ImageImage

Utah vs Memphis -- Game Two: 2 Fast 2 Furious

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

Which Guard will dominate the Game 2 matchup?

Poll ended at Thu May 27, 2021 3:15 pm

Ja Morant
33%
Donovan Mitchell
33%
Dillon Brooks
No votes
Mike Conley
17%
Desmond Bane
17%
Jordan Clarkson
No votes

Total votes: 6

Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Re: Utah vs Memphis -- Game Two: 2 Fast 2 Furious 

Post#81 » by Lava Rock Kid » Fri May 28, 2021 4:04 pm

E S V L wrote:
Lava Rock Kid wrote: 1st morant is a stud

Mitchell is studdier.

It’s ok for both players to be equally great.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#82 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon May 31, 2021 10:03 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:Perkins is going to get fined like Nate for speaking truth. Man posted a link on the GB of Perkins saying Grizz young squad got cheated. Fact.

Jazz fan chimes in saying Memphis got 7 more FT's lol... This dumb **** can't even understand that Jazz got 31 FT's while taking 40 3's. That half the Jazz shots came from behind the arc, while Memphis took 60 shots inside the arc as the more aggressive team in the paint. The stupid is real ... & that's why the NBA can get way with it.

The amount of FT's is not a tell, a ref can subjectively call a foul on almost every play of the game. For example, turn a blind eye to a elbow to the face that's committed right in front of you, which should have been a 2 shot tech & the ball back but then call a flop for the same player & a tech on what should have been an easy 2 when Memphis pulled to within 3, lol. Foul out the Grizz main defender Brooks early in the game which helps DM/Jazz on the perimeter to get going from 3. Cheaply foul out Memphis big men with Jaren's 3rd coming on a made bucket/flop while Gobert is getting away with throwing elbows to the face in front of the ref etc...

Now tell me the team that took half their shots behind the line apposed to the team that took 60 attempts inside the arc should have had more FT's, LMAO, dumb ****.

I don't mind losing, it spurs growth but I don't like being cheated, which Memphis young players were last night. They might not have won with the Jazz shooting so well but they were cheated out of a fair chance too.

The 10pt spread was covered, good job. When last has an official been fined or fired for calling a **** game ?.

I can tell you a great coach was fined for telling the truth. Watch your bank Perk, we see it.

League has been pushing players to not step under the shooters so when you claim three point shooters can't draw fouls is crazy talk. Fouls went both ways and last game jazz players road the bench so plz take off your Memphis glasses. Keep driving into the paint with on of the best shot blockers in the game isn't going to lead to winning plays. I felt couple fouls on Rudy were horrible calls. One on Ja wasn't anyone close so I know the kid is getting calls. Bye the way he's one of the best players in the game today. Stud. Hell of a dog fight and anytime you have a dog in the fight your going to want every call. I bitched about calls both games and felt Jazz didn't get some calls. Like Jonas shoving players out of the paint like rag dolls and refs swallowed there whistles. But you see it every game its nothing new. Some days I wonder why I watch games when all it does is let me down. :banghead: I guess it's love for the sport. Great young team just think your depth might come back and hurt as series goes on. Jazz are deeper squad and the pick and roll with Mike and Rudy killed Grizz about every time down the floor and Jazz still haven't had a decent shooting game. Jordan isn't able to get clear looks and Boges just can't hold onto the ball. Buckle up its going to be Dog fight every game.

I'm not claiming 3pt shooters can't draw fouls but that when you take almost half your shots on the perimeter your not the likely aggressor, when the other team has taken 60 shots inside the paint to use getting to the line 3 more times is an indicator of anything.

Tell me, how does FT's counted show you how many non or missed calls affected the game & or momentum ?. FT's are not a clear indicator as to how a match has been called.

People might think I'm salty. Where I thought the Jazz played an incredible game worthy of the win but I'm going to tell you straight I also think the refs tainted it.

Plain talk.
Just re watched game 3 and Grizz need to not grab while player is going over the screen and make the player make the shoot and not let DM split the double team so easy. Jazz just out played them crunch time of game 3. Calls where going both ways.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#83 » by Whole Truth » Mon May 31, 2021 11:57 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote: I Just re watched game 3 and Grizz need to not grab while player is going over the screen and make the player make the shoot and not let DM split the double team so easy. Jazz just out played them crunch time of game 3. Calls where going both ways.

This is game 2 thread.

I made no comments on game 3 until earlier today because after game 2 I made up my mind to not watch the game live, I watched the replay & then commented on the loss.

Here's a little tid bit. Remember the ref that "missed" the Lilliard goaltend last year vs Utah that cost Portland the win?.

This was him Saturday

NBA Ref Stats

"Josh Tiven became the 2nd official in the last six years to call at least 10 fouls on one team while not calling a single foul against the other."
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#84 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jun 1, 2021 12:22 am

Whole Truth wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote: I Just re watched game 3 and Grizz need to not grab while player is going over the screen and make the player make the shoot and not let DM split the double team so easy. Jazz just out played them crunch time of game 3. Calls where going both ways.

This is game 2 thread.

I made no comments on game 3 until earlier today because after game 2 I made up my mind to not watch the game live, I watched the replay & then commented on the loss.

Here's a little tid bit. Remember the ref that "missed" the Lilliard goaltend last year vs Utah that cost Portland the win?.

This was him Saturday

NBA Ref Stats

"Josh Tiven became the 2nd official in the last six years to call at least 10 fouls on one team while not calling a single foul against the other."

Tonight is game 4 and I was talking about 3. Good luck tonight tho.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#85 » by Whole Truth » Tue Jun 1, 2021 12:28 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:

This is game 2 thread.

This was him Saturday

NBA Ref Stats

Tonight is game 4 and I was talking about 3. Good luck tonight tho.

Same to you

Return to Memphis Grizzlies