ImageImageImageImageImage

Curry, Klay, Poole and Jessup guard rotation can be really good

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Curry, Klay, Poole and Jessup guard rotation can be really good 

Post#1 » by Kuya » Sun May 30, 2021 4:25 am

I think Poole is going to take even more of a leap and be in serious contention for next year's 6MOY. I've watched just about every minute of Jessup in Australia after our season was over and he looks like the real deal and a knockdown NBA level 3-point threat and he will be 23yo next season and be ready to play immediately. This 4 man rotation would keep spacing at a premium for all 48 minutes which open up the floor for Curry and Poole to do their thing.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: Curry, Klay, Poole and Jessup guard rotation can be really good 

Post#2 » by Scoots1994 » Sun May 30, 2021 4:46 pm

Poole's confidence seemed to come back strong in the 2nd half of this season. He needs to work on his pace and working the offense to his advantage still but I certainly like his growth. Jessup has beautiful form, and I have faith in his shooting when open, I wonder about his ability to get open and his defense. I hope he at least gets a chance.

That said, if the Warriors draft Green, Suggs, or Moody there will be less room for him to get minutes.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#3 » by and1GS » Sun May 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Curry/Klay/Poole all at 100% is a title caliber guard rotation - and that's assuming Poole never improves past where he currently is.

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about Jessup beyond his shooting, but he's the right height for what we need. A rangey 3 and D guy would be the perfect fourth piece for that group. But it may be asking a lot for a guy to come in and immediately provide title contending depth in such an important area.

My bet/hope is if Kuminga doesn't fall to us we draft a bigger 2. Rookies will always be streaky, but the competition (not to mention culture or Poole's work ethic rubbing off on them) might encourage growth sooner than later from one or both of them (Jessup/potential 1st round guard). I personally like Moody, but it all kinda depends where the picks land.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#4 » by Warriorfan » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:19 am

Offensively no doubt but will Klay still be able play close to all defense level again
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:48 am

Warriorfan wrote:Offensively no doubt but will Klay still be able play close to all defense level again

That's a big maybe. If he's 100% maybe. Problem is he's not likely to be 100% to start the season.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#6 » by mos_def » Tue Jun 1, 2021 2:15 am

Who you got: Jessup vs Marco Belinelli?
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#7 » by Mob Byers » Tue Jun 1, 2021 2:30 am

Need one more guard in here, preferably a good defender, especially early on to ease Klay back. Jessup will need time to adjust although I haven't seen him play much. We can't rely on a rotation of just Curry/Poole. Upgrade from Lee/Mulder is a priority.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 3:14 am

mos_def wrote:Who you got: Jessup vs Marco Belinelli?

Now?
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#9 » by Impuniti » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:15 pm

Mob Byers wrote:Need one more guard in here, preferably a good defender, especially early on to ease Klay back. Jessup will need time to adjust although I haven't seen him play much. We can't rely on a rotation of just Curry/Poole. Upgrade from Lee/Mulder is a priority.

Anything that breathes is better than Mulder. W
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,234

Post#10 » by Impuniti » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:18 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
Warriorfan wrote:Offensively no doubt but will Klay still be able play close to all defense level again

That's a big maybe. If he's 100% maybe. Problem is he's not likely to be 100% to start the season.

He should be brought in very slowly. I would send him to the G league for the first month and then use him for 25MPG for the next month, gradually rising his minutes every 3-4 weeks bit by bit. We have no reason to rush him, especially since the team went on a run with an 8 man rotation, the 8th being Mulder who Klay would replace.

Good thing about Wig is that Klay can take his time to get back his defensive juice, since Klay can defend the best offensive weapon for most of the season. If Klay gets to his best defensively, that means 3 guys defending at an elite level. :oops:
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 2:37 pm

Impuniti wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

He should be brought in very slowly. I would send him to the G league for the first month and then use him for 25MPG for the next month, gradually rising his minutes every 3-4 weeks bit by bit. We have no reason to rush him, especially since the team went on a run with an 8 man rotation, the 8th being Mulder who Klay would replace.

Good thing about Wig is that Klay can take his time to get back his defensive juice, since Klay can defend the best offensive weapon for most of the season. If Klay gets to his best defensively, that means 3 guys defending at an elite level. :oops:

There is a lot of elite defensive talent in the draft too. Davion Mitchell would be perfect to harass opposing quick guards, Mobley, Barnes and Garuba will likely be elite multi-position NBA defenders.

Return to Golden State Warriors