ImageImageImageImageImage

James Wiseman admits mental struggles...

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Re: James Wiseman admits mental struggles... 

Post#21 » by Upperclass » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:10 am

not a good sign for a dude who wasnt given a ton of responsibility.. walked into a team with no expectations for the season and tried to bring him along slowly and coach him up.. and thus improved tremendously when he was out for the season and away from the team
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#22 » by Mob Byers » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:23 am

Upperclass wrote:not a good sign for a dude who wasnt given a ton of responsibility.. walked into a team with no expectations for the season and tried to bring him along slowly and coach him up.. and thus improved tremendously when he was out for the season and away from the team

I'm not sure you understand. The "mental struggles" were frustrations due to being out with an injury and not being able to play with his team. Strange you think that is "not a good sign".
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,892

Post#23 » by Samurai » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:40 am

Upperclass wrote:not a good sign for a dude who wasnt given a ton of responsibility.. walked into a team with no expectations for the season and tried to bring him along slowly and coach him up.. and thus improved tremendously when he was out for the season and away from the team

You may want to re-read the article again since it seems you are misunderstanding the key points in it.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#24 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:44 am

Impuniti wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
Tough. Wish the best for him I got to admit. Not sure we’re the right team to be developing a young athlete mentally while competing for playoffs and more.

Poole's confidence came back and his game improved a lot and now the Warriors expect him to contribute to a deep playoff run.

Every player needs confidence to play at their best.

Little Poole tried to dunk on Lebron, failed, then walked right in front of him like he was nothing. I wouldn't compare Poole to others because the guy is built different from everyone else.

Saying that, doesn't change that Wise comes back a lot better this season.

Poole's rookie season was rough.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#25 » by Old_Blue » Tue Jun 1, 2021 5:30 am

It's a tough situation. Wiseman is clearly a very sensitive young man. So, while a good dose of "toughen up, buttercup!" might work with most players, it would likely fail with Wiseman. Instead, he needs daily affirmation and the occasional participation prize.

GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#26 » by hamncheese » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:48 am

Old_Blue wrote:"I just love the game of basketball so much that I couldn't even fathom not playing with my teammates," Wiseman said. "That kind of took a lot out of me."

Isn't this is the same kid who quit on his Memphis squad after being reinstated following his NCAA suspension?

He was still in the middle of a 12-game suspension when he decided to leave Memphis to prepare for the draft, while also needing to donate $11,500 to charity for the money his mom had accepted for moving expenses in 2017. It sounds like it was a rough situation and decision for him.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28751421/james-wiseman-opens-heartbreaking-memphis-saga
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,585

Post#27 » by HiRez » Tue Jun 1, 2021 8:00 am

I'm not worried about Wiseman in general, only worried about him being ready to be a player before time runs out on Steph.
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#28 » by RichmondWarrior » Tue Jun 1, 2021 9:17 am

Told you we should have drafted Lamelo
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,075

Post#29 » by The-Power » Tue Jun 1, 2021 9:33 am

RichmondWarrior wrote:Told you we should have drafted Lamelo

Cool. You also wanted to trade Curry for Rondo.
RichmondWarrior
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#30 » by RichmondWarrior » Tue Jun 1, 2021 9:53 am

The-Power wrote:
RichmondWarrior wrote:Told you we should have drafted Lamelo

Cool. You also wanted to trade Curry for Rondo.

Still would have taken Lamelo
Mac1958
Pro Prospect
And1: 333

Post#31 » by Mac1958 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 11:04 am

I think the Wiseman/bust talk has been terrible.

He's a kid. He has a lot to learn. He's barely played, comparatively. He has excellent upside. I remember how Jordan wrecked Kwame Brown with this crap.

If people want to attack Wiseman for not being developed enough yet, they should blame the Warriors for drafting him, not him personally. He's done nothing wrong.
Currygoat
Senior
And1: 821

Post#32 » by Currygoat » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:25 pm

Oh god. I can tell he won’t live up to the 2nd overall pick with what I just read. We would of took Melo
GSWFan1994
Head Coach
And1: 14,273

Post#33 » by GSWFan1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 3:56 pm

Currygoat wrote:Oh god. I can tell he won’t live up to the 2nd overall pick with what I just read. We would of took Melo

Wish I could read that well!
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#34 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:34 pm

Love this thread. Let's tear apart a young man for showing emotion and being honest about his feelings. What kind of COWARD cries! I only cried once or twice during Ratatouille, I bet James was bawling the whole time while LaMelo sat there with a face made of stone.

CUT HIM WHILE WE CAN! No shows of emotion allowed on the warriors unless it's Draymond actively losing us a game against Charlotte - cause that's just championship desire baby!
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#35 » by Old_Blue » Tue Jun 1, 2021 5:53 pm

I would suggest an emotional support animal for Wiseman...except that his footwork wouldn't give that animal much chance of survival. :lol:
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#36 » by and1GS » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:15 pm

Good one! We should get these cowards emotional support animals too, didn't know this team was a bunch of CRY BABIES!

Read on Twitter

Steph Curry wrote:To get that call was a gut punch for sure. A lot of tears. You don’t really know what to say because a guy like that is having to go through two pretty serious rehabs now.

TEARS!? Are you kidding me!? This is a MAN'S sport. If you get career threatening injuries you better rub some dirt on it and project swagger like you're Boobie Miles - none of this crap.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Mob Byers
Rookie
And1: 767

Post#37 » by Mob Byers » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:31 pm

Old_Blue wrote:I would suggest an emotional support animal for Wiseman...except that his footwork wouldn't give that animal much chance of survival. :lol:

Old Blue you are so silly and cute. Do you have a crush on James? :love:
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,124

Post#38 » by cpower » Tue Jun 1, 2021 10:20 pm

Wiseman: I am so pumped up and I will put up 20 FGA next year when I am back !
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,181

Post#39 » by clyde21 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:45 am

mos_def wrote:If you probably had Draymond screaming at you on assignments and the best player on the world on your team, I bet a majority of people would crumble

good thing the majority of people aren't the 2nd overall pick in the draft then, huh?
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#40 » by Kuya » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:10 am

i don't think Kerr did a very good job with Wiseman tbh

Return to Golden State Warriors