ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#1621 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 6:35 am

xdrta+ wrote:If the Warriors sign and trade Oubre they would not be hard-capped. Whoever received him, in this case the Clippers, would be hard-capped, but not the Warriors.
Really? So even if get salary in the deal, we wouldn't be hardcapped? Huh. Seriously confused about these rules.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,177

Post#1622 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 26, 2021 6:53 am

killmongrel wrote:
xdrta+ wrote:If the Warriors sign and trade Oubre they would not be hard-capped. Whoever received him, in this case the Clippers, would be hard-capped, but not the Warriors.
Really? So even if get salary in the deal, we wouldn't be hardcapped? Huh. Seriously confused about these rules.

Salary or no, it doesn't matter. The only time it would matter would be if we received a signed and traded player back. That's what happened with Durant and DLo. We signed and traded Durant and Bklyn signed and traded DLo, so we were both hard-capped. A double sign-and-trade--an unusual case.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#1623 » by killmongrel » Wed May 26, 2021 7:05 am

xdrta+ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

Salary or no, it doesn't matter. The only time it would matter would be if we received a signed and traded player back. That's what happened with Durant and DLo. We signed and traded Durant and Bklyn signed and traded DLo, so we were both hard-capped. A double sign-and-trade--an unusual case.
You know what, I've heard so many versions that I don't care anymore. **** it, I"m going forward with the assumption that you're correct. Sorry everybody. Just don't listen to me.

So if we're going by the fact that we can sign and trade Oubre and use his salary to trade for Kawhi or PG, then I'm gonna do what it takes to get him.

Oubre+Wiseman+Looney+filler+Minny pick+future 1st+seconds.

We keep our 1st this year.

If we can make this happen, we could have a starting roster to begin the year with Steph, Wiggins, Kawhi, Draymond, Vet Center while we wait for Klay.

We then have the MLE, our own lottery pick, and vet minimums.

The rest of our roster is rounded out with players like Poole and JTA with the rest fighting it out in training camp.

We could have a closing lineup Steph, Wiggins, Kawhi, JTA, Draymond before Klay returns.

Sign me the **** up if this is even a possible reality.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#1624 » by wco81 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:04 pm

If the Clippers get swept (or a gentleman's sweep) in the first round, why would Kawhi sign an extension with the Clippers?

Mainly because he prioritized being in Southern CA, not because he cared about winning another ring.

Otherwise, if he wanted to go for rings, there are a couple of teams with cap space like the Mavs and Heat, aren't there?
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,125

Post#1625 » by TB » Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 pm

Just another note on the S&T idea mentioned earlier...

You can't add other contracts to the S&T player, it would have to be in separate deals. I haven't looked at those incoming contracts, but that means the Oubre contract amount would be its own trade for one of those players, and then the remaining pieces is a different trade. I doubt the contracts match up when that is being done.

That being said, I don't think Clippers will get rid of George or Leonard. They both wanted to be in LA. And also, people have gotten so impatient with teams... they are in their 2nd year together. Lets say they are together for 5 years and win 1 ring, Clippers fans would be ecstatic. It will happen with the Nets if they dont win this year, which would also be absurd.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#1626 » by wco81 » Wed May 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Of course the team wants to retain both. That was the plan just less than 2 years ago.

They've already locked in other contracts on the theory that players like Morris and Kennard were great complementary players.

The question is whether Kawhi will re-up. Again, does he care more about being in SoCal or winning?

Because it seems likely last year wasn't a fluke. They're trending in the wrong direction, possibly a second round or at most a WCF ceiling with this core for the next couple of years.
TB
General Manager

Post#1627 » by TB » Wed May 26, 2021 5:08 pm

How about:

Wiseman and Looney for Smart and Robert Williams.

Sengun with 1st pick. Springer with 2nd. Lewis and Jessup 2way.

McDermott MLE. Chriss vet min.

Steph / Smart / Nico
Klay / Poole / Springer / Lewis
Wiggins / JTA / Lee / Jessup
Dray / McDermott / Paschall
Williams / Sengun / Chriss
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1628 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:13 pm

Commodor wrote:Alright book it.

All our young assets for all of LAC’s vets.

Wiseman
Wiggins
Oubre S&T
All the swaps

Paul George
Morris
Kawhi

With a wink wink nudge nudge Kawhi stats long term

Let's not get too greedy, I would do all of that just for Kawhi :lol:

Wiseman
Wiggins
#4-10
All the swaps

for The Klaw :droop:

Kawhi has to know that there is no way the Clippers could beat the Nets even if they miraculously make it out of the West.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#1629 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed May 26, 2021 5:19 pm

TB wrote:How about:

Steph / Smart / Nico

I think we would be selling pretty low on Wiseman if all we got back was Smart and Williams. We could probably get Myles Turner for that price.
TB
General Manager

Post#1630 » by TB » Wed May 26, 2021 5:28 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:
TB wrote:How about:

Steph / Smart / Nico

I think we would be selling pretty low on Wiseman if all we got back was Smart and Williams. We could probably get Myles Turner for that price.

Definitely a bit of a sell low scenario, which is a bummer. But I think i'd still do it to start the season with the best possible squad for next year. Also think Williams will be good enough to not be too mad when Wiseman starts putting it all together in a couple years. Not to mention i'm fairly high on Sengun and think he's a better fit than Wiseman to begin with.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#1631 » by xdrta+ » Wed May 26, 2021 6:18 pm

TB wrote:Just another note on the S&T idea mentioned earlier...

You can't add other contracts to the S&T player, it would have to be in separate deals. I haven't looked at those incoming contracts, but that means the Oubre contract amount would be its own trade for one of those players, and then the remaining pieces is a different trade. I doubt the contracts match up when that is being done.

That being said, I don't think Clippers will get rid of George or Leonard. They both wanted to be in LA. And also, people have gotten so impatient with teams... they are in their 2nd year together. Lets say they are together for 5 years and win 1 ring, Clippers fans would be ecstatic. It will happen with the Nets if they dont win this year, which would also be absurd.

Actually, that's not the case. You can aggregate salaries with a S&T. For instance, this happened in the Jrue Holiday/Steven Adams four-team trade during the 2020 offseason. The Pelicans had to sign-and-trade a bunch of guys to the Thunder in order to make salary matching work.
TB
General Manager

Post#1632 » by TB » Wed May 26, 2021 7:03 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
TB wrote:Just another note on the S&T idea mentioned earlier...

Actually, that's not the case. You can aggregate salaries with a S&T. For instance, this happened in the Jrue Holiday/Steven Adams four-team trade during the 2020 offseason. The Pelicans had to sign-and-trade a bunch of guys to the Thunder in order to make salary matching work.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I always thought the S&T parts had to be filed separately.

This definitely could provide an avenue to get to a better players contract without using Wiggins. With the big caveat being that Oubre would have to agree to go to that team and that team would have to agree to giving Oubre the amount of money needed.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#1633 » by FNQ » Fri May 28, 2021 11:15 pm

Ok I'll finally go all-in on this one:

I would trade Wiseman or the #14 to TOR for Boucher and the #44 pick in the 2021 draft. (Preferably Wiseman for me)

I'd be happy to resign Boucher as well. Because while that would be costly for one season (2022-23, when Wiggins is still on the books) I think it'd be worth it to have a Draymond/Boucher combo. But I think that would give us a 2-3 year window of legitimate contention:

Curry / Poole / Nico
Klay / Poole / Moody (#7)
Wiggins / Moody (#7) / Lee
Draymond / JTA / Robinson-Earl (#14) / Paschall
Boucher / Looney /

And yes I know Robinson-Earl would be a reach there.. if we could trade down 8-10 picks or so and pick up some capital, I'd be very happy with that too. But that's a player who I think is a perfect fit for our system and someone who would do exceptionally well learning from Draymond, another do-it-all type big man.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,793

Post#1634 » by cdubbz » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:06 am

This is why I can’t be too happy for a Joel Embiid trade. Dudes been injured every year
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#1635 » by osx28 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:27 pm

How about S&T Oubre and the 2022, 2027 firsts with some protections for Harrison Barnes?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,022

Post#1636 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 3:39 pm

So based on those 2 recent posts the Warriors should trade the #2 Warriors pick last year for the Warriors UDFA from 2017 and trade Oubre and 2 more 1st round picks for the Warriors #7 pick from 2012. I think I saw a reference to Marco Bellinelli in another thread.

It's old home week.

Maybe we should trade Draymond for Kendrick Nunn?
osx28
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#1637 » by osx28 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:08 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:So based on those 2 recent posts the Warriors should trade the #2 Warriors pick last year for the Warriors UDFA from 2017 and trade Oubre and 2 more 1st round picks for the Warriors #7 pick from 2012. I think I saw a reference to Marco Bellinelli in another thread.

It's old home week.

You don't think Barnes would be better than nothing? If Oubre leaves, theres nothing coming back and the 2022 pick will likely be a late first rounder, how is that any better than barnes? or the 2027 pick will be too late to help Curry and this group.

Wiseman for Boucher I agree is not a good a good idea, to put it politely. Barnes has experience with the team, he's won a chip with them, knows how to play with curry and is just a better fit than oubre. You gotta give something up to Sacremento to agree to take back Oubre. 1 first for Barnes and 1 first to get rid of Oubre, isn't too high a price to pay considering those pick won't help us win now or maybe ever.
xdrta+
General Manager

Post#1638 » by xdrta+ » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:30 pm

osx28 wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:So based on those 2 recent posts the Warriors should trade the #2 Warriors pick last year for the Warriors UDFA from 2017 and trade Oubre and 2 more 1st round picks for the Warriors #7 pick from 2012. I think I saw a reference to Marco Bellinelli in another thread.

It's old home week.

You don't think Barnes would be better than nothing? If Oubre leaves, theres nothing coming back and the 2022 pick will likely be a late first rounder, how is that any better than barnes? or the 2027 pick will be too late to help Curry and this group.

Wiseman for Boucher I agree is not a good a good idea, to put it politely. Barnes has experience with the team, he's won a chip with them, knows how to play with curry and is just a better fit than oubre. You gotta give something up to Sacremento to agree to take back Oubre. 1 first for Barnes and 1 first to get rid of Oubre, isn't too high a price to pay considering those pick won't help us win now or maybe ever.

You also have to get Oubre to agree to go to Sacramento. He likely will have more and better choices than that.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1639 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 5:35 pm

osx28 wrote:

It's old home week.

I think Barnes $20M contract will cost a HUUUUUUUUUUGE amount of money with the taxes, and I'm not sure he'll be worth it to ownership just for the money let alone two first round picks too. And assuming Klay comes back is Barnes going to cost $180M for next year to come off the bench?
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#1640 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 5:41 pm

xdrta+ wrote:
killmongrel wrote:

IIRC the hard cap can also be kicked in by using the Bi-Annual Exception right?

Return to Golden State Warriors