Political Roundtable Part XXX 

Post#1 » by montestewart » Mon May 31, 2021 3:12 am

Continued from here.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,088

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXX 

Post#2 » by Dat2U » Mon May 31, 2021 12:09 pm

Bold 2022 prediction: Repubs take back House & Senate as inflation explodes, stock crashes & the fading economy becomes the #1 issue.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,956

Post#3 » by dckingsfan » Mon May 31, 2021 2:43 pm

Dat2U wrote:Bold 2022 prediction: Repubs take back House & Senate as inflation explodes, stock crashes & the fading economy becomes the #1 issue.

Interesting... so you see inflation "exploding". I might be older than you and was in business during the Carter administration. I remember people telling me I would never be able to afford a house with 15% inflation.

There have been a couple of drivers of the recent inflation surge. Energy & building supplies.

I think energy will settle back down since there is a world-wide glut. And I see building supplies coming back down as manufacturers ramp up capacity.

The other driver has been a "worker shortage". I see this one coming back down as women get back into the labor force as schools open back up in September.

Lastly, if Biden does get his infrastructure plan through - there will be a lasting expansion in the market.

So, counter-narrative: Biden gets his infrastructure plan through, the economy continues to expand and Biden continues with his 50%+ approval rating.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,667

Post#4 » by Pointgod » Mon May 31, 2021 3:26 pm

Dat2U wrote:Bold 2022 prediction: Repubs take back House & Senate as inflation explodes, stock crashes & the fading economy becomes the #1 issue.

If the Democrats lose the House and Senate it will be because of partisan Gerrymandering and successful voter suppression on the part of Republicans. Nothing more, nothing less
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,088

Post#5 » by Dat2U » Mon May 31, 2021 6:33 pm

dckingsfan wrote:

Interesting... so you see inflation "exploding". I might be older than you and was in business during the Carter administration. I remember people telling me I would never be able to afford a house with 15% inflation.

There have been a couple of drivers of the recent inflation surge. Energy & building supplies.

I think energy will settle back down since there is a world-wide glut. And I see building supplies coming back down as manufacturers ramp up capacity.

The other driver has been a "worker shortage". I see this one coming back down as women get back into the labor force as schools open back up in September.

Lastly, if Biden does get his infrastructure plan through - there will be a lasting expansion in the market.

So, counter-narrative: Biden gets his infrastructure plan through, the economy continues to expand and Biden continues with his 50%+ approval rating.

It's an astrology based prediction. I'll even give you the basis for it.

Chinese astrology. There are friend signs and enemy signs. Friend years and enemy years.

Joe Biden is a dog sign. The enemy of the dog is the rat. Biden was elected & inauguration took place in a Rat year. So Biden was elected in a personal enemy year.

Generally things done in an enemy year is very bad luck. A negative energy is developed and problems will certainly result because of this.

On top of this, next year is a Tiger year. America is founded in a Monkey year. Monkeys and Tigers are enemies & America tends to get hit hard in enemy years. Especially In the financial sector.

So for the country to be in its enemy year AND have a President that was elected in his enemy year means **** is about to hit the fan in 2022.

To add the cherry on top the Repulican party was founded in a Tiger year so they likely stand to benefit from what's coming.

The republican party being founded in an enemy year of the US should also provide insight into why politics is so messy here. It's an enemy energy to the US and that energy results in continous chaos.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#6 » by closg00 » Mon May 31, 2021 7:16 pm

This^ post qualifies for the metaphysical thread. The voter suppression laws being rolled-out and a highly motivated MAGA mob could tip things to the GOP, they are already picking-up seats post-census and partisan gerrymandering. The mid-terms should 100% be about the Jan 6 MAGA mob enablers.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,330

Post#7 » by dobrojim » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:22 pm

The dems should talk every day and 2x on Sunday about GOP insurrections and how
they want to take credit for things they oppose and avoid blame
for the many unpopular things they support.

The optimist in me hopes that voter suppression bills backfire.
Nothing drives turnout like efforts to prevent it.

And Golfy McBonespurs will be struggling to swim against a torrent of
legal problems that will chip away, if only slightly from his cut status,
which is really the only thing the GQP stands for at this time.[streamable][/streamable]
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#8 » by dobrojim » Tue Jun 1, 2021 4:41 pm

Follow up to one of the final posts from prev thread

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/05/31/it-was-much-more-than-tulsa/

Robinson gives a partial list of historical atrocities.
And he doesn’t even mention Wilmington NC.

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,176

Post#9 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Jun 1, 2021 5:05 pm

love to see people predicting an economic crash when the only thing wrong with the economy is high commodity prices due to surging demand. you should charge money dude

very good chance the Republicans retake the house and senate nevertheless.

A "worker shortage" is an extremely good thing. There are so many jobs being created that labor is scarce? Good thing, dude.

It's also interesting that labor is finally becoming scarce in China, so scarce that they've changed the number of children you're allowed to have from two to three. That's extremely good news for China as they finally graduate into a middle income country with scarce labor (and higher wages!), and good for countries like us who sell things middle class people buy.

You could see signs that the economy was getting ready to explode but Trump held it back with his idiot trade war with China. As a non-incompetent person takes over both COVID and international trade policy I think we're going to see an economic boom we haven't experienced since the 1990s. We've basically been in a ten year long investment retrenching period since the Great Recession erased a lot of what we thought was the value of our physical capital. It's taken investment so long to recover, interest rates have been at zero for so long, that a whole idiot economic theory (NMT) was created to explain that there is no longer such a thing as inflation. Yeah there is a possibility that the economy overheats and we get inflation again. I'm looking forward to rolling my eyes at all the NMT trogs crawling back under their rocks.

Not that I'm going out on much of a limb with that prediction, economy pretty much always does well under Democrat Presidents, since Carter anyway.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,865

Post#10 » by Wizardspride » Tue Jun 1, 2021 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#11 » by Pointgod » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:05 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:love to see people predicting an economic crash when the only thing wrong with the economy is high commodity prices due to surging demand. you should charge money dude

very good chance the Republicans retake the house and senate nevertheless.

A "worker shortage" is an extremely good thing. There are so many jobs being created that labor is scarce? Good thing, dude.

It's also interesting that labor is finally becoming scarce in China, so scarce that they've changed the number of children you're allowed to have from two to three. That's extremely good news for China as they finally graduate into a middle income country with scarce labor (and higher wages!), and good for countries like us who sell things middle class people buy.

You could see signs that the economy was getting ready to explode but Trump held it back with his idiot trade war with China. As a non-incompetent person takes over both COVID and international trade policy I think we're going to see an economic boom we haven't experienced since the 1990s. We've basically been in a ten year long investment retrenching period since the Great Recession erased a lot of what we thought was the value of our physical capital. It's taken investment so long to recover, interest rates have been at zero for so long, that a whole idiot economic theory (NMT) was created to explain that there is no longer such a thing as inflation. Yeah there is a possibility that the economy overheats and we get inflation again. I'm looking forward to rolling my eyes at all the NMT trogs crawling back under their rocks.

Not that I'm going out on much of a limb with that prediction, economy pretty much always does well under Democrat Presidents, since Carter anyway.

The interesting thing about the prediction of the economy cratering under Biden is that to believe it you have to ignore reality.

States are opening up because of the vaccine rollout and the economy is going to be humming by 2022.

Demand is going to absolutely sky rocket since people haven’t been able to go on vacation or spend for over a year. I can’t imagine how legit the summer of 2022 is going to be.

There’s a worker shortage which will force wages to rise.

The only concern is inflation, but there’s ways for the administration to manage that.

By the midterms Democrats can brag that they defeated covid, opened up schools, raised wages, created jobs with their infrastructure bill and brought back the economy and stock markets. You have to be an idiot Republican to believe that in a fair world, Democrats would lose running on these factors. Because it’s exactly what Republicans would be running on if they could take credit for this.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#12 » by Pointgod » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:07 pm

dobrojim wrote:The dems should talk every day and 2x on Sunday about GOP insurrections and how
they want to take credit for things they oppose and avoid blame
for the many unpopular things they support.

The optimist in me hopes that voter suppression bills backfire.
Nothing drives turnout like efforts to prevent it.

And Golfy McBonespurs will be struggling to swim against a torrent of
legal problems that will chip away, if only slightly from his cut status,
which is really the only thing the GQP stands for at this time.[streamable][/streamable]

The time for bi partisanship is over. Democrats need to hammer everyone of these ****. Republicans had their chance, but showed their ass when the covid package didn’t get a single Republican vote but these **** want to take credit.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#13 » by dobrojim » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:30 pm

This is the nightmare

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/06/01/frantic-warning-100-leading-experts-our-democracy-is-grave-danger/?utm_campaign=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR0he_znJhzMSiwqnRBFj_F471yDGC-Ce_K0duDN2S9dx3h1Uf-7m_SHqmk

This is really scary too (and long). Especially when so many people (Nate) refuse
to recognize the threat of Russia and their zeal for authoritarian kleptocracy.

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#14 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 1, 2021 10:38 pm

Read on Twitter

Trump and his moronic cronies still really believe he can be reinstated. Just that fact alone is reason enough to punish him to the full extent of the law - though it's only one of so many reasons. God damn him!
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#15 » by verbal8 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:47 am

Zonkerbl wrote:love to see people predicting an economic crash when the only thing wrong with the economy is high commodity prices due to surging demand. you should charge money dude

Sounds like qualifications for an economic analyst with Faux News.
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#16 » by Pointgod » Wed Jun 2, 2021 12:11 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Read on Twitter

Trump and his moronic cronies still really believe he can be reinstated. Just that fact alone is reason enough to punish him to the full extent of the law - though it's only one of so many reasons. God damn him!

Michael Flynn needs to be stripped of his military pension and his service completely disavowed. He also needs to be investigated. Could you imagine anyone else encouraging a **** coup without everyone being like wtf?
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,623

Post#17 » by pancakes3 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:17 pm

"I want to know why what happened in Minamar (sic)can't happen here?" a member of the audience, who identified himself as a Marine, asked Flynn.

"No reason, I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That's right," Flynn responded.

and Flynn's PR walk back is that he meant to say "No reason it should happen here, No reason."

which is just Lionel Hutz levels of "No, Money Down!"
Bullets -> Wizards
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#18 » by montestewart » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:38 pm

pancakes3 wrote:"I want to know why what happened in Minamar (sic)can't happen here?" a member of the audience, who identified himself as a Marine, asked Flynn.

"No reason, I mean, it should happen here. No reason. That's right," Flynn responded.

and Flynn's PR walk back is that he meant to say "No reason it should happen here, No reason."

which is just Lionel Hutz levels of "No, Money Down!"

Nothing says "guilty" like a Trump pardon.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#19 » by dobrojim » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:07 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Read on Twitter

Michael Flynn needs to be stripped of his military pension and his service completely disavowed. He also needs to be investigated. Could you imagine anyone else encouraging a **** coup without everyone being like wtf?

This is actually not unrealistic. Flynn, even though retired, is still subject
to rules of conduct which he has arguably violated.

Pointgod
RealGM

Post#20 » by Pointgod » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:13 pm

dobrojim wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is actually not unrealistic. Flynn, even though retired, is still subject
to rules of conduct which he has arguably violated.

Can you imagine any Democrat advocating a coup while Trump was President? The only answer to that question is “**** no, America is a Democracy. We beat people at the ballot box we don’t engage in coups”. This man was a **** national security advisor for Christ’s sakes. IMO he should have been stripped of his pension and any military designations when he plead guilty to lying to the FBI. This is another example of zero consequences because he’s the right gender and complexion. Just imagine if it was Colin Powell saying this under Trump and he’s a **** Republican!

Return to Washington Wizards