ImageImageImage

What is Jayson Tatum's ceiling?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Re: What is Jayson Tatum's ceiling? 

Post#1401 » by playa-hater » Tue Jun 1, 2021 12:59 am

Fierce1 wrote:My Laker fan friend already telling me Jayson Tatum will leave Boston to be Lebron's successor in L.A.

If Lebron knew Tatum was replacing him, he wouldn't retire. He would use Tatum, like AD to get him another ring..
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,434

Post#1402 » by Fierce1 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 1:14 am

playa-hater wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:My Laker fan friend already telling me Jayson Tatum will leave Boston to be Lebron's successor in L.A.

If Lebron new Tatum was replacing him, he wouldn't retire. He would use Tatum, like AD to get him another ring..

Not happening because the earliest Tatum can leave Boston is 2025.

Lebron will be too old by then.
Saint Lazarus
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,436

Post#1403 » by Saint Lazarus » Tue Jun 1, 2021 2:10 am

Will be interesting to see who takes the crown between Luka, Tatum, and Zion (or maybe some unknown challenger yet to be drafted). Hopefully for our sake its Tatum while he's in Celtic green.
dorkestra wrote:Embiid is embarrassing the whole city of Philadelphia. Wake up you little bitch

The Comedian wrote:Saint Lazarus playing 4D chess right now.

This dude legit has other Celtics fans arguing with him :lol:
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1404 » by playa-hater » Tue Jun 1, 2021 3:36 am

Saint Lazarus wrote:Will be interesting to see who takes the crown between Luka, Tatum, and Zion (or maybe some unknown challenger yet to be drafted). Hopefully for our sake its Tatum while he's in Celtic green.

For the record I hate that so many people buy into Luka. watch him play.. and I mean really watch. I have never seen any player in history who does absolutely nothing when the ball is NOT in his hands. Literally just stands there. and the same on defense. It's like on or off the ball, he'll just do a random reach on defense. Never guards anyone, and I mean anyone tough on offense. I can't remember Luka ever making a great defensive rotation.

He looks fat at 22 years old doesn't seem like he works on his FTs.(50% in the playoffs??) a few years ago people were oozing about how great ben Simmons was because of his gaudy numbers. While still good, overall he has regressed. I am guessing Luka has the highest usage % in the NBA, even over Westbrook. Imagine Luka having to share that with one or 2 other stars. His gaudy numbers would drop drastically.

Give me Tatum by a country mile any day of the week. You can see him still evolving. Tatum's only need is to improve his knowing when to pass or attack more. Which is clearly getting better seemingly by the day and week.

A great 2 way player >>> a one way player so easy for me.

** Zion is like a young Blake Griffin. Will shine on offense for some years. Won't make any impact on defense. Might even say a huge liability. When he gets older he will not age well. either. Enjoy the ride with him.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#1405 » by djFan71 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 10:43 pm

The Comedian wrote:After struggling in ISO during the regular season, especially early on, dude is straight toasting defenders in isolation in the playoffs. Doesn’t even count the 50 point play in game either.

He’s at 1.31 PPP in isolation, for comparison sake, Harden is at 1.33, and Durant is at 1.09. This is without the luxury of playing with anyone else that the defense really has to respect.

Crazy.

I've harbored the secret thought that the ugly iso ball during the regular season was nothing but prep & reps for the playoffs. That and our injury maintenance was all geared to seeing what could come together now. Alas, the injuries just overwhelmed it all.

Straying OT, but availability was also one of the low-key things I liked about Rozier. Dude was made of rubber - had some ankle rolls that would've had others out for the year and he just bounced back up.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#1406 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:08 pm

This is some SERIOUS praise.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,618

Post#1407 » by Tatumfor2 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:47 am

Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#1408 » by Edug27 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:53 am

The Comedian wrote:This is some SERIOUS praise.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Serious and well deserved. He’s 23 years old, avging 26 a game, making clutch baskets all season, solid head on his shoulders, level headed, and already has 50 playoff games under his belt including dropping 50 pts on the MonStars.

The kid is special.. and I’ll keep saying this but BRAD NEEDS TO FIND THE RIGHT SUPPORTING CAST TO PUT AROUND HIM.

The right #2 (or 1B) because I don’t think Jaylen is that dude, and the right mix of vets and young dudes.
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,018

Post#1409 » by London2Boston » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#1410 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:58 pm

djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#1411 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:36 am

The Comedian wrote:Image

Coulda played with him if you played your cards right.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#1412 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:03 pm

Tatum to me, in a full NBA redraft, is selected in the top 5.
Go Raps!!
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,963

Post#1413 » by jfs1000d » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:13 am

playa-hater wrote:
Saint Lazarus wrote:Will be interesting to see who takes the crown between Luka, Tatum, and Zion (or maybe some unknown challenger yet to be drafted). Hopefully for our sake its Tatum while he's in Celtic green.

For the record I hate that so many people buy into Luka. watch him play.. and I mean really watch. I have never seen any player in history who does absolutely nothing when the ball is NOT in his hands. Literally just stands there. and the same on defense. It's like on or off the ball, he'll just do a random reach on defense. Never guards anyone, and I mean anyone tough on offense. I can't remember Luka ever making a great defensive rotation.

He looks fat at 22 years old doesn't seem like he works on his FTs.(50% in the playoffs??) a few years ago people were oozing about how great ben Simmons was because of his gaudy numbers. While still good, overall he has regressed. I am guessing Luka has the highest usage % in the NBA, even over Westbrook. Imagine Luka having to share that with one or 2 other stars. His gaudy numbers would drop drastically.

Give me Tatum by a country mile any day of the week. You can see him still evolving. Tatum's only need is to improve his knowing when to pass or attack more. Which is clearly getting better seemingly by the day and week.

** Zion is like a young Blake Griffin. Will shine on offense for some years. Won't make any impact on defense. Might even say a huge liability. When he gets older he will not age well. either. Enjoy the ride with him.

Luka too ball-dominant. A little passive-aggressive here, but I find Luka's ability to hit incredible shots more myth than good hoops. Tatum can make shots that are impossible, but it isn't the pull-it-out-of-your-ass shots like 35-foot fallaways that Luka does. People love that, but it is only worth three points.

Tatum looks like a 30,000 pt scorer in the NBA.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,618

Post#1414 » by Tatumfor2 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:01 am

After watching Bucks vs Nets? Even higher than I thought.
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1415 » by playa-hater » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:16 am

jfs1000d wrote:
playa-hater wrote:

Luka too ball-dominant. A little passive-aggressive here, but I find Luka's ability to hit incredible shots more myth than good hoops. Tatum can make shots that are impossible, but it isn't the pull-it-out-of-your-ass shots like 35-foot fallaways that Luka does. People love that, but it is only worth three points.

Tatum looks like a 30,000 pt scorer in the NBA.

This and so much this.
It's like Luka hits for more WTF type of 3s, yet it is a lower %. I still have yet to find anyone who can acknowledge a more do nothing and give less effort than Luka when the ball is not in his hands. literally stands like a statue. won't cut or spot up for a teammate at all. Plus still zero defensive impact. Trae Young, Luka Doncic and Westbrook, all ball dominate stat guys whose ball dominance will never allow another star teammate to shine (KD's MVP was the year Westbrook was hurt, no surprise) Even the Great Dame (with CJ) never play enough defense and people wonder why they will be a early playoff exit at best every year.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#1416 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:34 pm

Yo, his bag is bonkers. Imagine what he is going to look like next year.

playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1417 » by playa-hater » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:38 pm

I didn't see anyone say it, so here it goes. Tatum will finish top 2 next year for MVP. This isn't blind faith, just based on his current trajectory of improvements he keeps making.

just simple mathematics. 8-)
Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Post#1418 » by Ill News » Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:57 am

playa-hater wrote:I didn't see anyone say it, so here it goes. Tatum will finish top 2 next year for MVP. This isn't blind faith, just based on his current trajectory of improvements he keeps making.

I believed this as well, until Ainge retired and Brad stepped down as coach. I had been confidently proclaiming that we'll bounce back in a big way next season similar to what the Jazz did, but now that there's a coaching void and possibly several moves by Brad to make, I don't know what to expect anymore.

Though I guess Tatum's supreme talent will be enough to rise above all the changes we'll see. I still think he'll compete for MVP next season. He will only get better.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#1419 » by playa-hater » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:54 pm

Ill News wrote:
playa-hater wrote:I didn't see anyone say it, so here it goes. Tatum will finish top 2 next year for MVP. This isn't blind faith, just based on his current trajectory of improvements he keeps making.

I believed this as well, until Ainge retired and Brad stepped down as coach. I had been confidently proclaiming that we'll bounce back in a big way next season similar to what the Jazz did, but now that there's a coaching void and possibly several moves by Brad to make, I don't know what to expect anymore.

Though I guess Tatum's supreme talent will be enough to rise above all the changes we'll see. I still think he'll compete for MVP next season. He will only get better.

You can expect any new coach to give Tatum his due as I bet any new coach gets Tatum's approval first. The ball will/should go through Tatum's hands first and foremost.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,417

Post#1420 » by bisme37 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Basketball Index has him 1st team All NBA...

Read on Twitter

Return to Boston Celtics