ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,606

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#61 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:56 am

pepe1991 wrote:
drsd wrote:Gosh are we bored !

Man, i set alarm to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to watch second half of Lakers- Suns.
So i tune in tv and it's 66-36 and Lakers defense does this

This might be one of most embarrassing defensive possessions i have ever seen in playoffs. They lost guy playing 4 on 2 defense

What a waste of time. You should have watched what probably will be one of the greatest PO games in history when 2 MVPs in Jokic and dame were carrying their teams on their shoulder in 2OT ( unlike a certain Lefraud who announced ib media that his shoulders were gonma carry his team with AD out )
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,125

Post#62 » by pepe1991 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:12 am

RookieStar wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Man, i set alarm to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to watch second half of Lakers- Suns.

This might be one of most embarrassing defensive possessions i have ever seen in playoffs. They lost guy playing 4 on 2 defense

What a waste of time. You should have watched what probably will be one of the greatest PO games in history when 2 MVPs in Jokic and dame were carrying their teams on their shoulder in 2OT ( unlike a certain Lefraud who announced ib media that his shoulders were gonma carry his team with AD out )

Is this swan song from Dame tho?
With him commiting $44M of Blazers salary with his tag team McCullum and additional $31M, they will eat up around 60% of salary cap for that team alone. This is as great as Blazers will probably ever get, and that still won't be enough to pass first round of playoffs against team without their second best player :crazy:

I saw highlights of a game and i can't understand stupidity of nba coaches at times.
Blazers down by 4, 13 sec to play, why da f*** Nuggets don't foul and send them to FT line, it would be impossible for Blazers to even get to OT if they did so. I will never get those nba coaches . In Europe it's instant foul, in nba you give guys like LIllard chance to beat you because you are simply dumb.

OT. Blazers were down by 3 with 3 sec to play, it's even dummer than i thought . Simple wrap around for foul where Dame can't lunch 3 or be in act of shooting would kill that game off. But noo ,let guy who made like 8 threes that game take another one for OT.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#63 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#64 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Jun 2, 2021 1:42 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

That Fournier trade going to make him retire lol
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#65 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:29 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,389

Post#66 » by GelbeWand09 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:43 pm

pepe1991 wrote:

KD and art of taking worst shot in a game and making it leathal

Yea as a playertype, KD is one of my favorite players of all time.

He is really the worst possible matchup for Boston. Ainge's armada of 6'3 - 6'6 g/f are just all to small. Tatum got length but cant waste energy to defend him all game. They have not 1 lengthy, mobile defender on the roster (not that it changed anything :lol: )

Really hyped for the Bucks vs Nets series. Should be 6 games at least & hopefully finally some close high class games in the eastern PO.

Too bad Embiid is the Chris Paul of Centers & is always injured in the playoffs. :noway:
GelbeWand09
Rookie
And1: 1,389

Post#67 » by GelbeWand09 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 2:46 pm

RookieStar wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Crazy that this wasnt even the longest PO game between the two in the last 2 years :lol:
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 717

Post#68 » by CZ Eddie » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:45 pm

Holy moly, Ainge out and Stevens takes his place.
The end of an era in Boston.
Keep your politics out of my sports
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#69 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:41 pm

GelbeWand09 wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

KD and art of taking worst shot in a game and making it leathal

Yea as a playertype, KD is one of my favorite players of all time.

He is really the worst possible matchup for Boston. Ainge's armada of 6'3 - 6'6 g/f are just all to small. Tatum got length but cant waste energy to defend him all game. They have not 1 lengthy, mobile defender on the roster (not that it changed anything :lol: )

Really hyped for the Bucks vs Nets series. Should be 6 games at least & hopefully finally some close high class games in the eastern PO.

Too bad Embiid is the Chris Paul of Centers & is always injured in the playoffs. :noway:

I hope Bucks win against the Nets. I really can't get behind players who take the easy way by playing a cheat code with this lineup.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#70 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:46 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

Is this swan song from Dame tho?
With him commiting $44M of Blazers salary with his tag team McCullum and additional $31M, they will eat up around 60% of salary cap for that team alone. This is as great as Blazers will probably ever get, and that still won't be enough to pass first round of playoffs against team without their second best player :crazy:

I saw highlights of a game and i can't understand stupidity of nba coaches at times.
Blazers down by 4, 13 sec to play, why da f*** Nuggets don't foul and send them to FT line, it would be impossible for Blazers to even get to OT if they did so. I will never get those nba coaches . In Europe it's instant foul, in nba you give guys like LIllard chance to beat you because you are simply dumb.

OT. Blazers were down by 3 with 3 sec to play, it's even dummer than i thought . Simple wrap around for foul where Dame can't lunch 3 or be in act of shooting would kill that game off. But noo ,let guy who made like 8 threes that game take another one for OT.

I think its because of the way the NBA is reffed and the reputation of Dame. When Dame gets the ball and you try to intentionally foul him, how much you wanna bet that Dame will be doing the shooting motion even if it is in the halfcourt line? I think that's why opposing coaches are hesitant to do it. But who knows really, Im glad im not the coach to decide on that.
Kent
Veteran
And1: 1,160

Post#71 » by Kent » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:21 am

GelbeWand09 wrote:Damn i love watching Kawhi. He plays like a slow mo MJ :lol: He lost athletism & he is at best 60-70% of the defender he was before his 1st injury & the additional offensive load, but damn he is so effective & clinical.

The rest of the Clippers are all pretty unlikable but would be great to see Kawhi beating the next selfconstructed superteam in the finals.

But whats up with Luka's free throws :o

He's fun to watch when he's got it going.

I would add that he plays like Grant Hill — just a more burly and strong version.
Ryan Anderson = Pat Garrity 10.0
-LBPTarHeel27
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#72 » by RookieStar » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:09 am

Alright boya gotta question for you.. I.know a lot were really sad about that AG draft cuz our GM wanted Porzingis.

Well... do we still regret taking AG becauae Zing was taken ahead?
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,818

Post#73 » by drsd » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:32 am

RookieStar wrote:Alright boya gotta question for you.. I.know a lot were really sad about that AG draft cuz our GM wanted Porzingis.

In a re-draft, yes the Magic take Porziņģis over Gordon. Both were raw and Porziņģis had "unique" aspects to his game. Recall we are making a pre-ACL view here.

For me the bigger issue for Dallas is their view of Hardaway. He is a marginal starter to me, yet he looks to get a 100M deal soon.

RookieStar
RealGM

Post#74 » by RookieStar » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:59 am

drsd wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Alright boya gotta question for you.. I.know a lot were really sad about that AG draft cuz our GM wanted Porzingis.

In a re-draft, yes the Magic take Porziņģis over Gordon. Both were raw and Porziņģis had "unique" aspects to his game. Recall we are making a pre-ACL view here.

For me the bigger issue for Dallas is their view of Hardaway. He is a marginal starter to me, yet he looks to get a 100M deal soon.

So we would have traded him earlier because of his diva-like tendencies and lavar ballesque brother behind the scenes?
drsd
RealGM

Post#75 » by drsd » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:45 am

RookieStar wrote:So we would have traded him earlier because of his diva-like tendencies and lavar ballesque brother behind the scenes?

Maybe. But coming to the draft Porziņģis was clearly rated above Gordon. Porziņģis did not like the bright-likes of New York. But maybe he would have liked the low tax-burden and tiny media presence of Florida.

It is a what if.

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,079

Post#76 » by tiderulz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:14 pm

drsd wrote:

Porzingis is MIA for Luka and Dallas. both by his play and his constant injuries.

And I think Hardaway is a good starter and shooter. not worth $100m but better than the MLE
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#77 » by RookieStar » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:07 pm

drsd wrote:
RookieStar wrote:So we would have traded him earlier because of his diva-like tendencies and lavar ballesque brother behind the scenes?

Maybe. But coming to the draft Porziņģis was clearly rated above Gordon. Porziņģis did not like the bright-likes of New York. But maybe he would have liked the low tax-burden and tiny media presence of Florida.

It is a what if.

True.. he might like the low-key lifestyle Orlando offers and who knows what will happen with his play. However, what about the off-court stuff always attached to him? You know the kardashian/lavar ball distraction that his brother brings wherever he is?
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,936

Post#78 » by Xatticus » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:37 pm

Gordon was drafted the year before. We took Hezonja the year that Porzingis was drafted ahead of us.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,089

Post#79 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:40 pm

Enjoyed watching the Hawks beat the Knicks pretty easily. That man Trae can ball
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
drsd
RealGM

Post#80 » by drsd » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:29 pm

RookieStar wrote:True.. he might like the low-key lifestyle Orlando offers and who knows what will happen with his play. However, what about the off-court stuff always attached to him? You know the kardashian/lavar ball distraction that his brother brings wherever he is?

TO clarify, I would not want Porziņģis today. But on draft night, it is easy to believe that he was valued over Gordon by management.

Return to Orlando Magic