ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Re: Miami Heat Regular Season/Speculation Thread 2021 Part 3 

Post#1501 » by The Bunk » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:37 pm

Giving Jimmy the max extension that runs through age 36 after we just got swept in a series where he was absolutely awful.... DUMB.

Paying Duncan $20 million per season or anything close to it, without making another major move to become a legit contender..... Also DUMB.

Get Kawhi, make some unexpected deal for a real lead star like Beal or Dame, or blow it up now. If this team stays as is I'd trade Jimmy and let Duncan walk/do a sign-and-trade.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#1502 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 2, 2021 4:47 pm

Flash4thewin wrote:
DayofMourning wrote:
Flash4thewin wrote:
No way Golden state makes that trade. Now if its Butler and Bam, i can see them pulling the trigger.

:lol:

Why would two allstar level players only get you a 7 pick, a 14 pick and Wiseman? GSW wins that trade in a massive landslide.

I'd say your valuation of those picks is way off. They only become interesting if they jump into the top four. Only then does a trade of Butler only become balanced.

I see it more like Golden State is in a position of power here and it’s a buyers market. If we are trading Butler it means we didn’t give him his extension and he will be very vocal and force the issue. So it’s more of pennies on the dollar than valuing the picks.

Considering we don’t owe our picks for the foreseeable future it makes more sense to sign him to an extension.

The bigger issue is making enough substantial changes so Butler will want to stay here and we can compete. I’m not saying we will win a ring but to at least make it past the first round. That means a a serious overhaul of the team. Also let’s hire the best assistants money can buy to help Spo.

I don't see GSW being in a position of power at all. Those picks are mediocre at the moment. Wiseman isn't some surefire stud. They have a rapidly closing window, where they should attempt to trade everything the can for a certified player. Their package of picks doesn't entice anyone to give up an allstar.. They'd likely need to include future picks.
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#1503 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:03 pm

The Bunk wrote:Giving Jimmy the max extension that runs through age 36 after we just got swept in a series where he was absolutely awful.... DUMB.

Paying Duncan $20 million per season or anything close to it, without making another major move to become a legit contender..... Also DUMB.

Get Kawhi, make some unexpected deal for a real lead star like Beal or Dame, or blow it up now.

Kawhi's not leaving LA so we can forget about that. Beal is not a real lead star, he hasn't ever lead his team anywhere. He's a lead scorer, one that you have to give up Bam or Jimmy to get and still wouldn't be left with a championship team.

Bam/Herro/filler might be enough to get Portland's attention but we would need a few first to pull if off unless Dame demanded a trade. You need cooperation from players sometimes to pull these deals off.
heater4life
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,758

Post#1504 » by heater4life » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:08 pm

Ainge is out of Boston.

I hear the Celtics are going to let him take some draft picks with him, since he loved them so dearly.
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,552

Post#1505 » by Johnny Fontane » Wed Jun 2, 2021 5:55 pm

Trade Butler for a blue-chip prospect

Let Duncan walk

Let Dipo walk

Keep Nunn

Go from there. At least we own our picks for the foreseeable future
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#1506 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jun 2, 2021 6:00 pm

Spo to the Celtics lets make it happen. Tatum hero ball all day
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,361

Post#1507 » by Vertical Limit » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:17 pm

There are so many trade scenarios with Butler that interests me... i just want out of that contract before it turns really ugly... hes got a lot of mileage on him with his style of play. And hes not lebron james, hes not going to get better with age.

Time to move on.

If boston calls and says they are willing to trade jaylen brown and picks for butler and herro.. im listening..

If the wizards call and say theyre willing to trade beal for butler and other package.. definitely listening...

If the pelicans call and want to work some sort of sign and trade, involving multiple teams, and they send us back ingram and lonzo... gonna listen to that..

Butler can land us a lot of pieces.
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#1508 » by Kobewade11 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:21 pm

I dont always agree with Leif but he's got a point.

Read on Twitter
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,715

Post#1509 » by contract » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:25 pm

dolphinatik wrote:you giving Jimmy Butler 45 mil/year? I vote no

I was about to say that the trade for Butler made no sense if we weren't prepared to extend him ... and then I remembered that we didn't give up much to get him. :lol:

That being said, not paying could put us right back to square #1. He may also act up and force his way out of here like he's done before.
:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#1510 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:32 pm

https://heatnation.com/rumors/report-miami-heat-mentioned-as-potential-landing-spot-for-tim-hardaway-jr/

Bring Timmy Jr home. Great compliment to Butler at the two spot. Maybe Dallas will finally take on Dragic and team him up with Luka.
contract
RealGM

Post#1511 » by contract » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:39 pm

Pharenheit wrote:Trade Butler for a blue-chip prospect

Let Duncan walk

Let Dipo walk

Keep Nunn

You realize that you're signing us up for the lottery for years, right? Without Jimmy and with Dragic fading into oblivion, where is our offense going to come from? Blue chip prospects disappoint all the time, and even when they don't, they rarely become as good as Jimmy ... especially in the first few years.

Without adding anything else, what is left would have trouble scoring 80 points per game.
SDC
Senior
And1: 106

Post#1512 » by SDC » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:46 pm

Keep jimmy
Keep Bam
Sign DRob
Turn Dragic contract into a 2 yr deal worth 20 mil.
Sign olynyk
Let Nunn go
Let dipo go
Sign JRich to a reasonable deal
Sign Lauri markkanen
Sign Drose
Let Iggy go
Let ariza go
#McdoOut
contract
RealGM

Post#1513 » by contract » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:46 pm

Vertical Limit wrote:There are so many trade scenarios with Butler that interests me... i just want out of that contract before it turns really ugly... hes got a lot of mileage on him with his style of play. And hes not lebron james, hes not going to get better with age.

Time to move on.

If boston calls and says they are willing to trade jaylen brown and picks for butler and herro.. im listening..

If the wizards call and say theyre willing to trade beal for butler and other package.. definitely listening...

If the pelicans call and want to work some sort of sign and trade, involving multiple teams, and they send us back ingram and lonzo... gonna listen to that..

Butler can land us a lot of pieces.

There are pieces and then there are pieces. Jaylen Brown is a good player, but unless you think he's ready to lead this team, it's a step backwards. Anything that shifts the burden more onto Bam is a move in the wrong direction because he's clearly not ready for it and may never be.

Beal would get us more scoring but less of everything else.
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 478

Post#1514 » by _GH0ST_ » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:03 pm

I wish we could trade with the team that drafted Alperen Şengün. He is only 18 years old, but he broke many records in Europe. He has a high offensive potential and his defensive stats are also good. If they play together, after 2 years they could be the best big guys in the league. (Şengün-Bam)
SDC
Senior
And1: 106

Post#1515 » by SDC » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:07 pm

I'm sure we can get Rubio go nothing.
#McdoOut
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,094

Post#1516 » by dolphinatik » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:19 pm

its crazy Boston is making big changes and they had a better season with more excuses than ours
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
Johnny Fontane
Head Coach
And1: 11,552

Post#1517 » by Johnny Fontane » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:29 pm

contract wrote:

Let Duncan walk

Let Dipo walk

Keep Nunn

You realize that you're signing us up for the lottery for years, right? Without Jimmy and with Dragic fading into oblivion, where is our offense going to come from? Blue chip prospects disappoint all the time, and even when they don't, they rarely become as good as Jimmy ... especially in the first few years.

Without adding anything else, what is left would have trouble scoring 80 points per game.

Eh I'm not worried about rebuilding for a few years. Better than being stuck in purgatory for a number of years like we were after the big 3. Miami is always going to be a top free agent destination

Way I see it, Butler's game is going to age badly going into his mid-thirties and his injuries are concerning. If he wants to be paid as much as is rumored, you strike while the iron is hot. Love Jimmy but may be time to accept that he & Miami are at a crossroads
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,008

Post#1518 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:37 pm

Pharenheit wrote:
contract wrote:

Let Duncan walk

Let Dipo walk

Keep Nunn

Eh I'm not worried about rebuilding for a few years. Better than being stuck in purgatory for a number of years like we were after the big 3. Miami is always going to be a top free agent destination

Way I see it, Butler's game is going to age badly going into his mid-thirties and his injuries are concerning. If he wants to be paid as much as is rumored, you strike while the iron is hot. Love Jimmy but him and Miami may be at a crossroads

The NBA is just like any other business. You have to maximize the return for any of your assets. I think Butler nets you the highest return this offseason. I think he could make a couple teams think fastrack back into contention.

We will ride it out with him though. Riley has never put faith in the draft process.
MettaWorldPanda
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 144,292

Post#1519 » by MettaWorldPanda » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:51 pm

Pay Jimmy his money and be thankful he’s not trying to leave. But let’s first maximize the cap space we do have and make tactful additions. With the draft picks we do have and are not eligible for trade we need to hit on or for them to atleast become rotation pieces.
miamiballer
General Manager
And1: 1,519

Post#1520 » by miamiballer » Wed Jun 2, 2021 8:53 pm

Anyone else think it’s a shame that Donovan Mitchell isn’t a heat player? We were one away from getting him instead of bam

He would have been our wade 2.0. Our Rodgers after favre

And maybe wade would have joined our ownership instead

:nonono:

Return to Miami Heat