Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

patryk7754
General Manager
And1: 1,106

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1921 » by patryk7754 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:36 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I think there are some intriguing options for PF/C.

1. Kevin Love: This would be a salary dump for the cavs so I would only consider it if we get a 1st rounder in return. Also, this would probably be the last step in my offseason process. Sign the FAs I want, first attempt to trade for better players, and then trade for love if nothing better happens.

2. Sabonis: it's inevitable that his contract becomes too expensive for the Pacers. Young, White, and a 1st is the foundation I would offer for him plus a couple of small pieces if needed.

3. Christian Woods: Crazier things have happened than a break-out player being traded. They could view white and Young as two future starters in exchange for one on top of a 1st.

Love literally plays no defense so why would get him and let Markkanen walk.

2. We can’t trade any first round pick until 2025. I doubt the Pacers go for that.

No one views Thaddeus Young as a future starter and no one is giving up a young all-star caliber player for him. This isn’t realistic at all. None of it.

The main thing with a love trade is that we would get a 1st in return, you left that out.

I never said that Young for a young all-star caliber player would be all it takes. I said White and a 1st.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#1922 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jun 1, 2021 6:41 pm

patryk7754 wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
patryk7754 wrote:I think there are some intriguing options for PF/C.

1. Kevin Love: This would be a salary dump for the cavs so I would only consider it if we get a 1st rounder in return. Also, this would probably be the last step in my offseason process. Sign the FAs I want, first attempt to trade for better players, and then trade for love if nothing better happens.

2. Sabonis: it's inevitable that his contract becomes too expensive for the Pacers. Young, White, and a 1st is the foundation I would offer for him plus a couple of small pieces if needed.

3. Christian Woods: Crazier things have happened than a break-out player being traded. They could view white and Young as two future starters in exchange for one on top of a 1st.

Love literally plays no defense so why would get him and let Markkanen walk.

2. We can’t trade any first round pick until 2025. I doubt the Pacers go for that.

No one views Thaddeus Young as a future starter and no one is giving up a young all-star caliber player for him. This isn’t realistic at all. None of it.

The main thing with a love trade is that we would get a 1st in return, you left that out.

I never said that Young for a young all-star caliber player would be all it takes. I said White and a 1st.

White and 1st in 2025 or later is not getting you a young all-star caliber player. Why would Cleveland give up a lottery pick to dump Love? They are in a complete rebuild now.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#1923 » by MalagaBulls » Tue Jun 1, 2021 8:15 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
Jstock12 wrote:If I'm Karnisovas this summer, I'm going to try and acquire the rights to the best point guard in the Euroleague - Vasilije Micic, who's currenty 27 yo and in his prime. His rights currently belong to OKC, but given that Micic's age doesn't really fit their timeline and because they have a million of picks and only so many available roster spots, this shouldn't be too difficult.

Big body for a point-guard (6'6), strong, pretty athletic, above average defender, great court vision and playmaking. He stated he doesn't want to come to the NBA just to be a part of the roster, but wants to go to a winning team and have a role in it. He wants to win.

Over 2 months have gone by since this post of mine, so I just wanted to follow up and mention that Vasilije Micic has just become the Euroleague MVP over Mirotic, the Final Four MVP, and the Euroleague champion. There's no doubt in my mind that he can be a good starting PG on a bad-to-average NBA team, and a very solid backup PG on a playoff team.
Read on Twitter
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#1924 » by CobyWhite0 » Tue Jun 1, 2021 8:22 pm

heir_jordan22 wrote:
Darius Miles Davis wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:I don't want Lonzo Ball. If you are a PG with a talented team then your job is to control the pace and style of the game so you can win. That's what makes Chirs Paul an MVP candidate. That's what makes Morant better than Fox and Lamelo better than Lonzo. Lonzo's team was loaded, relatively healthy, and they played their roles

Ball/Lewis
Bledsoe/NAW
Ingram/Hart
Zion/JJ
Adms/Hayes

Everyone played relatively well based in what you'd expect and Lonzo had a surprisingly good shooting year. But the problem is that he didn't control the offense. He's just not a floor general, which is what we're missing. There's no point in getting him. Yes a better passed and defender than White, but he's not a real PG like we need.

I'm not sure a floor general is what we need. I think for the most part, we are going to run the offense through Lavine and Vuc. So what kind of a pg do you need next to them? A quick ball mover who makes good decisions, can make open 3s, and plays really good defense against guards and wings. This offseason, that player is Lonzo. Some other players who fit the description around the league are Brogdon and Haliburton.

LaVine and Vucevic combined are about as good at creating offense for others as Ingram and Zion. The Pelicans had Ball, no real floor general, and they sucked. We didn't have a floor general. We sucked. We need a floor general, not a 3 and D PG.

The Pelicans had Ball, no Godzilla, and they sucked. We didn't have Godzilla. We sucked. So apparently, we need to sign Godzilla?

The Pels' offense ranked 11th in the league, that wasn't their problem. Their 23rd ranked defense? Huge problem.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,499

Post#1925 » by DuckIII » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:08 am

Please don’t tease me, PHX.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
CobyWhite0
Rookie

Post#1926 » by CobyWhite0 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:44 am

DuckIII wrote:Please don’t tease me, PHX.

They're up 34 with 8 min left in the 3rd, that's almost a Bulls-proof lead
heir_jordan22
Assistant Coach
And1: 325

Post#1927 » by heir_jordan22 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 7:49 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
heir_jordan22 wrote:
Darius Miles Davis wrote:
I'm not sure a floor general is what we need. I think for the most part, we are going to run the offense through Lavine and Vuc. So what kind of a pg do you need next to them? A quick ball mover who makes good decisions, can make open 3s, and plays really good defense against guards and wings. This offseason, that player is Lonzo. Some other players who fit the description around the league are Brogdon and Haliburton.

LaVine and Vucevic combined are about as good at creating offense for others as Ingram and Zion. The Pelicans had Ball, no real floor general, and they sucked. We didn't have a floor general. We sucked. We need a floor general, not a 3 and D PG.

The Pelicans had Ball, no Godzilla, and they sucked. We didn't have Godzilla. We sucked. So apparently, we need to sign Godzilla?

The Pels' offense ranked 11th in the league, that wasn't their problem. Their 23rd ranked defense? Huge problem.

Funny. Ball added nothing to that team. He was just a random role player. Empty stats. There's no point in signing a role player for 20million dollars a year. If we want someone to just come down and give the balll to LaVine and Vucevic, and not help setup anyone else, then we might as well keep White, Sato, and Arci at PG.

It's quite obvious the Bulls need a ball handler who can setup other guys (other than LaVine and Vucevic) for good looks, without bad turnovers. If the Bulls are successful they can't expect LaVine to be the guy who sets everyone up because he has way too many bad turnovers. Unless this offseason is all about becoming a true PG for Lavine, we need a real PG. Ball and Satoransky have basically basically same functions except Ball shoots more.

It's also pretty clear that you need 3 all stars to be a contender now. Using $20m on a mediocre starting PG basically means you're holding out hope that Williams will be that guy. I'd rather hold out and see if there are better options later.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1928 » by StunnerKO » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#1929 » by drosestruts » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:57 pm

Do you think the Grizzlies pick up the team option on Winslow's deal? He's really been nothing but hurt and unavailable for them since they traded for him. If they picked up the team option with the intent to trade him, what would you be willing to offer the Memphis for a player with the potential but injury history of Winslow?

At his best - he's a defensive swiss-army knife, who can provide play-making on the offensive end.

At his worst - he's $13M of wasted cap space.

I don't think we're good trade partners, but how would people feel about a trade of:

Chicago in: Justise Winslow and Brandon Clarke

Memphis in: Thaddeus Young and Troy Brown Jr

Bulls:

White/Satoransky
LaVine/
Williams/
Winslow/Clarke/Aminu
Vucevic/

If we renounced all free agents and don't land a top 4 pick, we'd be looking at $16M in cap space to fill out the rest of of the above roster.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,980

Post#1930 » by Chi town » Wed Jun 2, 2021 9:59 pm

Wonder if Smart gets traded this summer?

Thad for Smart?
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#1931 » by MalagaBulls » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:11 am

Read on Twitter
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#1932 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:51 am

With all the sign and trade ideas, can't the player being signed and traded be the only player on that side of the transaction? I thought this was a restriction in this kind of transaction.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1933 » by sco » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:39 pm

Chi town wrote:Wonder if Smart gets traded this summer?

Thad for Smart?

I want Smart. SandT for Lauri?
:clap:
CobyWhite0
Rookie

Post#1934 » by CobyWhite0 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:49 pm

MisterRoy wrote:With all the sign and trade ideas, can't the player being signed and traded be the only player on that side of the transaction? I thought this was a restriction in this kind of transaction.

No, that's incorrect.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,404

Post#1935 » by jump » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:53 pm

Smart apparently is not liked by his teammates. I’m not in favor of that kind of chemistry.
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#1936 » by mack2354 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 10:35 pm

StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Young, Sato, and Aminu work in the trade machine. Trading 3 role players for a guy who is a fringe All-Star when healthy would be a steal. His contract is just 1 year longer than these guys. If the Celtics are giving away picks with him I'd hop all over this.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#1937 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:04 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
MisterRoy wrote:With all the sign and trade ideas, can't the player being signed and traded be the only player on that side of the transaction? I thought this was a restriction in this kind of transaction.

No, that's incorrect.

...and that's why I asked for clarification. Thanks!

CobyWhite0
Rookie

Post#1938 » by CobyWhite0 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:12 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:

No, that's incorrect.

...and that's why I asked for clarification. Thanks!

You're very welcome!
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#1939 » by ChettheJet » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:17 pm

Two things to put together; The CP3 possibility and over on the T&T board someone asking what Kyle Kuzma is worth.

Let's say the Lakers think Thad Young is the cagey veteran on an expiring contract that comes off the bench and spot starts to give them a better chance next year. Is there a way to trade Thad Young for Kuzma and end up with a trade exemption for the $11M difference in their contracts? That along with deals for Markkanen and Satoransky frees up space for Paul?

That puts Kuzma and Williams on either side of Vucevic, Paul and Lavine starting and White and Brown first off the bench that gets filled in

jump wrote:Smart apparently is not liked by his teammates. I’m not in favor of that kind of chemistry.

Don't let that hold you back until you know why they isn't liked by his teammates. Maybe he wants to win more, maybe he is willing to give up some of his stats to win games, maybe he's committed to defense and some aren't, maybe there are bigger stars than he is on the team that think they should be the ones to dominate and close out games but they keep getting eliminated from the playoffs and got their GM fired because they aren't good enough to do those things. If the Bulls have any interest in Smart they need only ask Daniel Theis and Javonte Green what they think of him.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,404

Post#1940 » by jump » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:55 pm

Good point on getting info from his ex teammates. I'm sure the Bulls will do their due diligence in any case.

Return to Chicago Bulls