ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1041 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:45 pm

eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I don't think we'll handle the Hawks. Without Embiid, Capela is going to feast on the boards. They have such good shooting with Trey, Hunter, and Bogdanovic, and then add Collins and Gallo on top of that as good players with Gallo being a great shooter and I think we'll need Jo.

We may win one game, but to win the series Jo will be necessary.

I personally don't think Embiid will be coming back. The wait and see approach is definitely an option, but I don't want another catastrophe like the one the Warriors dealt with two years ago with Durant. In hindsight, it was absolutely the wrong choice to let him play.
In my mind, Embiid is done. Hopefully he learns his lesson because this story is getting old. Starting to feel like Groundhog Day around here. If we can somehow survive the Hawks without him, then maybe he comes back and tries to give it a go against Brooklyn/Milwaukee, but I doubt it. One thing is certain. The team has nothing to lose at this point. go out and play loose, play fast, let Ben take the reigns and see what happens.
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Well thanks for that! I'll shelf my negative glass is half empty feels for the time being.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,792

Post#1042 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:46 pm

Double post

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1043 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:47 pm

the_process wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
I personally don't think Embiid will be coming back. The wait and see approach is definitely an option, but I don't want another catastrophe like the one the Warriors dealt with two years ago with Durant. In hindsight, it was absolutely the wrong choice to let him play.

In my mind, Embiid is done. Hopefully he learns his lesson because this story is getting old. Starting to feel like Groundhog Day around here. If we can somehow survive the Hawks without him, then maybe he comes back and tries to give it a go against Brooklyn/Milwaukee, but I doubt it. One thing is certain. The team has nothing to lose at this point. go out and play loose, play fast, let Ben take the reigns and see what happens.
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Do you know why Woj is on ESPN selling that crap?

The Sixers REALLY like selling people false hope. Whatever it takes to get a sellout.
Ok you guys are so negative. It sucks, he might not be the same these playoffs. He knows his own body and they'll shut him down if it gets worse. If it gets worse surgery and then he's fine next year. Most likely.

I mean you can go on thinking the world is ending but this is the hand we're dealt. In no world will trading him make us a better team, at all.

He's out there warming up. He'll probably play game 1 of the Hawks series. People can have different opinions of how to feel about this. Not sure why some are saying that we're crazy to have some sense of optimism. You don't need to force others to feel the same way that you do.

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1044 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:48 pm

the_process wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

The Sixers REALLY like selling people false hope. Whatever it takes to get a sellout

Woj is by far, the most credible reporter out there. If he says JoJo is good to go in the not so distant future, then it's gospel in my opinion. Also...It's the playoffs. You don't have to sell false hope to pack the seats.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1045 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:49 pm

This...

Everyone needs to chill

Read on Twitter
?s=19

the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#1046 » by the_process » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:51 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:
the_process wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

The Sixers REALLY like selling people false hope. Whatever it takes to get a sellout

Woj is by far, the most credible reporter out there. If he says JoJo is good to go in the not so distant future, then it's gospel in my opinion. Also...It's the playoffs. You don't have to sell false hope to pack the seats.

It becomes much harder when your best player and only chance to win anything is out for the playoffs. Therefore, day-to-day. Keep hope alive!
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#1047 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:52 pm

I may possibly be overreacting...Maybe just a tad. It's one of my many unique amazing qualities as a human being. I remember when Blockbuster was still a thing and I'd be trying to get a new release movie before they were all rented out. I'd be driving there thinking that every car in front of me was going there to rent the new Sin City movie.
I have a feeling that if this was the Finals, Jo would be playing.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1048 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 10:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,707

Post#1049 » by Sixersftw » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:06 pm

Ok, that does make me rest a little easier. The idea is to sneak past this team tonight, try to get Jo some days for treatment and play him vs ATL
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#1050 » by DCasey91 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:16 pm

To be honest I couldn’t 2 sh*ts about him being out there....

You know who else was out there? Durant before he blew his Achilles. You’re assessing a person with a huge amount of self confidence/ego.

My and my mate argue about it all the time. He thinks it tough to battle through real injury, I think it’s stupidity. He’s like who cares he broke his elbow allow him to still fight. That’s just illogical. Humans have thresholds.

If it really is a meniscus tear (people have played on ACL tears before, broken legs etc). Then we are done for the season 100%. That’s fine

Embiid is huge if you think it’s all fine and dandy to play you have rocks in ur head.

76ers have already done this with Embiid before and looked what happened.
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#1051 » by phillynative » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:19 pm

If we do move on and play the bucks i dont see how he will be able to stay in front of Giannis after missing games and a messed up knee.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1052 » by DCasey91 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:21 pm

phillynative wrote:If we do move on and play the bucks i dont see how he will be able to stay in front of Giannis after missing games and a messed up knee.

He won’t be, if it’s a meniscus tear at his size playing is the same stupid thing that happened with Durant.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,932

Post#1053 » by Bum Adebayo » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:23 pm

Yeah, and if Embiid is not reinjured by then, we will get smoked by the Nets, we are risking Embiid's health just because we don't want to be second round fooder again and to sell more tickets. There is zero chance we beat the Nets (nobody will), but there is some chance Embiid reagravates his injury, and there is a small chance (but it's there) that this new reinjury is catastrophic and Odenesque. It is called risk-reward and the risk far outweights the reward, this is a no brainer.
Horrible takes since 2016
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1054 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:40 pm

DCasey91 wrote:To be honest I couldn’t 2 sh*ts about him being out there....

You know who else was out there? Durant before he blew his Achilles. You’re assessing a person with a huge amount of self confidence/ego.

My and my mate argue about it all the time. He thinks it tough to battle through real injury, I think it’s stupidity. He’s like who cares he broke his elbow allow him to still fight. That’s just illogical. Humans have thresholds.

If it really is a meniscus tear (people have played on ACL tears before, broken legs etc). Then we are done for the season 100%. That’s fine

Embiid is huge if you think it’s all fine and dandy to play you have rocks in ur head.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#1055 » by phifans » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:50 pm

Just keep doing those dangerous highlights dunks Joel. It's ok to let your team and fans down. It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy to show off on the court even it's totally meaningless
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#1056 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:08 am

eyeatoma wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:To be honest I couldn’t 2 sh*ts about him being out there....

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I trust reports from Twitter as much I can throw a sumo not far at all.
Bum Adebayo
Head Coach
And1: 3,932

Post#1057 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:15 am

BTW, these videos mean nothing, they give hope to people so they buy more tickets, also it helps to not tank his value as much in the case FO would want to trade him in offseason.
I think trading him would not acomplish anything though, he is our franchise player, nobody is going to be better than him obtained via trade, it's Simmons that has to go. I still think Embiid has held up decently enough compared to what many thought before and after his rookie season would happen ho him, he plays enough games to be worthwhile keeping him.
Horrible takes since 2016
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1058 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:26 am

phifans wrote:Just keep doing those dangerous highlights dunks Joel. It's ok to let your team and fans down. It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy to show off on the court even it's totally meaningless
This is a very selfish post. You don't know what this guy has gone through. He is a naturally aggressive player. If he curbed that instinct he would not be an MVP candidate. It sucks, I'm heart broken. In the end this is just life. No need to overanalyse and blame him.

eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1059 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:54 am

Bum Adebayo wrote:BTW, these videos mean nothing, they give hope to people so they buy more tickets, also it helps to not tank his value as much in the case FO would want to trade him in offseason.

LOL okay... It's tinfoil hat time eh?
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,682

Post#1060 » by phillynative » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:06 am

phifans wrote:Just keep doing those dangerous highlights dunks Joel. It's ok to let your team and fans down. It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy to show off on the court even it's totally meaningless

Lol this is melodramatic

Return to Philadelphia 76ers