Joel Embiid

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

blazehound
Rookie
And1: 40

Re: Joel Embiid 

Post#1061 » by blazehound » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:00 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Bum Adebayo wrote:BTW, these videos mean nothing, they give hope to people so they buy more tickets, also it helps to not tank his value as much in the case FO would want to trade him in offseason.

LOL okay... It's tinfoil hat time eh?

A lot of hot take hoagie mouth breathers out and about on the boards tonight I see :lol:
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#1062 » by Rastas » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:41 am

Hope it's not too serious , the Sixers need the Big Shiney Broken Piece of Glass to maintain his Trade Value.

To all his many many supporters , hope you all starting to realise just how far he will progress through multiple playoff series campaigns.

Last year he had a 4 plus month rest up before surviving a sweep series , this year I honestly didn't think he would go down this quick, but expected some time in the 2nd round he would be out for some reason .
As soon as his feet leave the floor you hold your breath.

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app
phifans
Veteran
And1: 586

Post#1063 » by phifans » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:43 am

eyeatoma wrote:
phifans wrote:Just keep doing those dangerous highlights dunks Joel. It's ok to let your team and fans down. It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy to show off on the court even it's totally meaningless
This is a very selfish post. You don't know what this guy has gone through. He is a naturally aggressive player. If he curbed that instinct he would not be an MVP candidate. It sucks, I'm heart broken. In the end this is just life. No need to overanalyse and blame him.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Selfish for what ?

Can't believe how naive you guys to believe Joel's hurts are just bad luck. There's a reason why you hurt your knees TWICE by doing a similar action in one season. It just tells you that you can't escape injury like this if you keep doing something like that.

And if my "selfish post" can prevent Joel hurting himself I'm totally fine with it.
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,000

Post#1064 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:44 am

Rastas wrote:Hope it's not too serious , the Sixers need the Big Shiney Broken Piece of Glass to maintain his Trade Value.

To all his many many supporters , hope you all starting to realise just how far he will progress through multiple playoff series campaigns.

Last year he had a 4 plus month rest up before surviving a sweep series , this year I honestly didn't think he would go down this quick, but expected some time in the 2nd round he would be out for some reason .

This is hilarious, all the anti Embiid guys are scurrying out of the woodwork like little cockroaches. Didn't see you around much during most of the season. Talk about hitting a guy when he's down.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1065 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:48 am

phifans wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
phifans wrote:Just keep doing those dangerous highlights dunks Joel. It's ok to let your team and fans down. It really doesn't matter as long as you are happy to show off on the court even it's totally meaningless
This is a very selfish post. You don't know what this guy has gone through. He is a naturally aggressive player. If he curbed that instinct he would not be an MVP candidate. It sucks, I'm heart broken. In the end this is just life. No need to overanalyse and blame him.

Selfish for what ?

Can't believe how naive you guys to believe Joel's hurts are just bad luck. There's a reason why you hurt your knees TWICE by doing a similar action in one season. It just tells you that you can't escape injury like this if you keep doing something like that.

And if my "selfish post" can prevent Joel hurting himself I'm totally fine with it.

Well it clearly can't, and you just end up looking like an emo douche, who doesn't understand how being one of the top players in the league works. His aggressiveness is exactly what makes him so great. Take it away from him, and he is not the same player, at all. I agree there may be something he can do about learning to land on his dunks, but the first injury on the other knee was because he was pushed.

If you don't think you sound like a complete jerk with what you said, then I don't know what to tell you though man.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#1066 » by Rastas » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:58 am

eyeatoma wrote:
Rastas wrote:Hope it's not too serious , the Sixers need the Big Shiney Broken Piece of Glass to maintain his Trade Value.

This is hilarious, all the anti Embiid guys are scurrying out of the woodwork like little cockroaches. Didn't see you around much during most of the season. Talk about hitting a guy when he's down.
Just some hard truth's.

Good luck going forward with him.

Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#1067 » by Murray_17 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:00 am

phifans wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Selfish for what ?

I mean, for staters he didn't went for a dunk, he went for a lay up. Like if you're gonna be that harsh at least be accurate
phifans
Veteran

Post#1068 » by phifans » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:01 am

eyeatoma wrote:
phifans wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:This is a very selfish post. You don't know what this guy has gone through. He is a naturally aggressive player. If he curbed that instinct he would not be an MVP candidate. It sucks, I'm heart broken. In the end this is just life. No need to overanalyse and blame him.

Selfish for what ?

Well it clearly can't, and you just end up looking like an emo douche, who doesn't understand how being one of the top players in the league works. His aggressiveness is exactly what makes him so great. Take it away from him, and he is not the same player, at all. I agree there may be something he can do about learning to land on his dunks, but the first injury on the other knee was because he was pushed.

If you don't think you sound like a complete jerk with what you said, then I don't know what to tell you though man.

I don't care if I sound like a jerk dude. I care about the fact. It's not about how to land because once you put yourself in the air you can't control what kind of contacts you will meet. And I don't even know what's the relationship between aggressiveness and being great ? At least Nicola Jokic will tells you you don't need to try to dunk on everyone's head to show your aggressiveness or to be great.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1069 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:01 am

phifans wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
phifans wrote:
Selfish for what ?

I don't care if I sound like a jerk dude. I care about the fact. It's not about how to land because once you put yourself in the air you can't control what kind of contacts you will meet. And I don't even know what's the relationship between aggressiveness and being great ? At least Nicola Jokic will tells you you don't need to try to dunk on everyone's head to show your aggressiveness or to be great.

Jokic and Embiid have completely different games. You don';t know the relationship between aggressiveness and greatness? Really? Look at LeBron in these playoffs. He's not aggressive and he's playing hurt. That might be Jo as well, but take aggressiveness away from LeBron and he's not in the running for GOAT. Plenty of players are talented as hell. But being aggressive is what makes them hit that next level. You can say the same about Westbrook,. Giannis, Durant, Ja Morant. Embiid is a big player, and he's pretty athletic. He doesn't have to go for big dunks all the time, and he does reign it in at times. But you can't tell a player not to drive to the rim. It takes away huge components of his game.
phifans
Veteran

Post#1070 » by phifans » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:05 am

Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:This is a very selfish post. You don't know what this guy has gone through. He is a naturally aggressive player. If he curbed that instinct he would not be an MVP candidate. It sucks, I'm heart broken. In the end this is just life. No need to overanalyse and blame him.

Selfish for what ?

I mean, for staters he didn't went for a dunk, he went for a lay up. Like if you're gonna be that harsh at least be accurate

Yeah it's not that accurate but the point is not dunk or lay up it's him trying to throw himself in the air and hope every defender would just leave him an open line automatically (like what Rui did in G3). You won't be that lucky everytime and it's just a matter of time you hurt yourself again if you don't stop doing this.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#1071 » by stormi » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:05 am

Do we have a projected timeline about when we can expect him back?

The severity of his injury seems somewhat ambiguous and he's been moving around a bit since he got hurt
Sixersftw
RealGM
And1: 8,742

Post#1072 » by Sixersftw » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:09 am

stormi wrote:Do we have a projected timeline about when we can expect him back?

The severity of his injury seems somewhat ambiguous and he's been moving around a bit since he got hurt

Legit seems day to day considering he went through a pretty full warm up tonight
They say an analytics man doesn't have a heart, but I ran the numbers and nothing can be further from the truth - Sam Hinkie probably
phifans
Veteran

Post#1073 » by phifans » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:12 am

eyeatoma wrote:
phifans wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

Jokic and Embiid have completely different games. You don';t know the relationship between aggressiveness and greatness? Really? Look at LeBron in these playoffs. He's not aggressive and he's playing hurt. That might be Jo as well, but take aggressiveness away from LeBron and he's not in the running for GOAT. Plenty of players are talented as hell. But being aggressive is what makes them hit that next level. You can say the same about Westbrook,. Giannis, Durant, Ja Morant. Embiid is a big player, and he's pretty athletic. He doesn't have to go for big dunks all the time, and he does reign it in at times. But you can't tell a player not to drive to the rim. It takes away huge components of his game.

Driving to the rim doesn't mean you need to throw yourself into the air without any protection. And while Joel is athletic he's not strong enough to absorb the contact he would receive when being "aggressiveness" I don't know if aggressiveness making him all time great but it definitely makes him sidelined for more games.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#1074 » by Murray_17 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:17 am

phifans wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:
Selfish for what ?

Yeah it's not that accurate but the point is not dunk or lay up it's him trying to throw himself in the air and hope every defender would just leave him an open line automatically (like what Rui did in G3). You won't be that lucky everytime and it's just a matter of time you hurt yourself again if you don't stop doing this.

It's a lay up extending horizontally. Even Jokic uses that move.

He's jumping with a center who occupies his space, guard or center players who use that move normally end on the floor after a play like that.

Thinking is out of the normal or careless is just senseless criticism. The same happened in the other play that ended on injury early in the season, someone bumped him and altered his possision in the air.

All of that is normal basketball. Sadly
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,732

Post#1075 » by Mik317 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:20 am

no one is saying he needs to Andre Miller himself and never jump.

he just has to take the out of control drives out of his game.

He can still dunk but the play he got hurt on was a low % attempt that had no chance of success...thats what needs to go. Just like him throwing himself out of bounds his rookie year.

that or he needs to slim down and carry less weight if he wants to be giant KD. I bring up Duncan a lot but its what he did as he aged...Shaq did not and paid for it and Dwight to a lesser extent as well (look at his shoulders now)
#NeverGonnaBeGood
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,898

Post#1076 » by kuclas » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:22 am

I just don’t see Embiid playing on Sunday. Sixers will do what they did with Miami heat series in 2018. Just hope to win the home games. If they win first game. Keep him out and continue to keep him out. If they lose. Embiid May be back as early as game 2. That’s just my opinion.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1077 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:23 am

kuclas wrote:I just don’t see Embiid playing on Sunday. Sixers will do what they did with Miami heat series in 2018. Just hope to win the home games. If they win first game. Keep him out and continue to keep him out. If they lose. Embiid May be back as early as game 2. That’s just my opinion.

This makes sense.
phifans
Veteran

Post#1078 » by phifans » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:32 am

Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:

He's jumping with a center who occupies his space, guard or center players who use that move normally end on the floor after a play like that.

Thinking is out of the normal or careless is just senseless criticism. The same happened in the other play that ended on injury early in the season, someone bumped him and altered his possision in the air.

Jokic would never jump that high or put himself into the air like that. He would use his body and hands not his vertical to overcome the defender like that. No wonder why he rarely hurt himself.
blazehound
Rookie
And1: 40

Post#1079 » by blazehound » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:34 am

kuclas wrote:I just don’t see Embiid playing on Sunday. Sixers will do what they did with Miami heat series in 2018. Just hope to win the home games. If they win first game. Keep him out and continue to keep him out. If they lose. Embiid May be back as early as game 2. That’s just my opinion.

Split in Philly and pray Embiid is feeling good by game 3.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#1080 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:47 am

phifans wrote:
Murray_17 wrote:
phifans wrote:

Jokic would never jump that high or put himself into the air like that. He would use his body and hands not his vertical to overcome the defender like that. No wonder why he rarely hurt himself.

Again you're comparing apples and oranges.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers