ImageImageImageImageImage

Masai Year End Presser @ 10am

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,333

Re: Masai Year End Presser @ 10am 

Post#501 » by tdotrep2 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:18 am

Masai clearly gave the ownership things he wants, that means that if they give masai what he wants he stays. If they don't theres a chance he leaves. Thats the situation im not worried about **** washington.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,293

Post#502 » by WaltFrazier » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:56 am

mtcan wrote:
DangerZone13 wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:
Masai cannot say to MLSE, I demand that you make the NBA treat us like an elite US team. No amount of money and ownership lobbying can get around the fact we are in Canada. We will never be treated like the Lakers or Celtics or Knicks. It is what it is.

That's why I listed that after the global development. If they can get whole countries wearing Raptors gear in the way you see Lakers gear in the Philippines, yeah, MLSE would have some bargaining power with the league. Yuta's jersey sales in Japan for example, could be capitalized on and expanded through further marketing of the rest of the team. Masai likely wants to make sure a lot of Raptors jerseys are seen around BAL games. There's a lot of ground they could cover.

Yes, the Raptors are in Canada, and can't be the Lakers or Knicks because they aren't an American team in America, with ages of history behind them. But they can be the Toronto Raptors, international force. Realistically, still a step below in league support than those teams you're listing because it's an American league, but at least treated equally to the non-darling teams. That is indeed a goal that can be accomplished, and from the press conference, that's what I take from it that Masai wants. We need a star to get us all the way there, but that's no reason to not start the groundwork.

Global marketing ensures increased viewership and more lucrative endorsement opportunities for our players...and in doing so would certainly offset the hit on the wallet from taxes and improve the overall perception of the team and city.

It's not like the rest of the NBA doesn't do global marketing, and the Raps can be the first in there. The NBA has gone global since the Dream Team, and Jordan jerseys were world sellers. Foreign stars are on many NBA teams. I'm not sure how much the Raptors can become an "international force." I think international fans care more about stars than teams.

But sure, let's get lots of Raptor jerseys dotting the African league crowds. That will put us over the top.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
Retro_Junkball
Senior
And1: 277

Post#503 » by Retro_Junkball » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:53 pm

So he wants agreeableness from a group of corporate head honchos? As bad as MLSE wants him, I'd say it's still close to 50-50. Any large corporation is prone to have some top-dog A-holes. Can MLSE get direction from the very top to muzzle some of these top-dogs? Probably. But not necessarily.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#504 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:20 am

WuTang_OG wrote:From Toronto to Washington? Lol
Washington is a hole to live in.

Yeah, but he'd be living near Obama. Important people have to see each other physically on a daily basis. If they aren't neighbours, they can't work together on anything. That's the first rule of doing business in the 21st century.

Also, his wife is from there and everyone knows he has to live where his wife was born. She'd never accept living anywhere else because women are irrational creatures that can't be reasoned with.
everdiso
General Manager
And1: 10,125

Post#505 » by everdiso » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:19 am

Fake?

Read on Twitter
"I wasn't gonna act surprised - cuz I wasn't surprised."
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#506 » by PT416 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:17 am

everdiso wrote:Fake?

Read on Twitter

What do you think?
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#507 » by mtcan » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:15 pm

PT416 wrote:

Read on Twitter

What do you think?

I'm looking at the tweet history...and that Twitter handle @ujirimasai is tagged in a lot of other tweets especially from major media outlets and businesses whenever the Raptors or Masai are involved...so if this is a long con...it is very well played.

Ya...weird that no other media outlet has jumped on this if it is true.
PT416
Assistant Coach
And1: 6,243

Post#508 » by PT416 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:17 pm

mtcan wrote:
PT416 wrote:

Read on Twitter

What do you think?

I'm looking at the tweet history...and that Twitter handle @ujirimasai is tagged in a lot of other tweets especially from major media outlets and businesses whenever the Raptors or Masai are involved...so if this is a long con...it is very well played.

Ya...weird that no other media outlet has jumped on this if it is true.

A man can hope bro. Been waiting for some news to break since this press conference. Surprised that posters have been disciplined enough to not have multiple 100 page threads about it like Kawhi. Proud of you guys :lol:
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#509 » by Spida888 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:06 pm

That twitter account is titled Parody Account, so yeah lol.
ratul
General Manager
And1: 4,402

Post#510 » by ratul » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:18 am

The wizards have hired our director of analytics. He gone
WuTang_OG
RealGM
And1: 43,044

Post#511 » by WuTang_OG » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:15 pm

Nice. Masai probably happy she got a promotion from another team. I still doubt hes going to the Wizards
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#512 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:02 am

ratul wrote:The wizards have hired our director of analytics. He gone

Someone start the Masai appreciation thread.

On a serious note though, it sucks we lost her. Our team-building was on-point from an analytics perspective.

Evans previously was director of strategic research for the Toronto Raptors. She oversaw data sources to build a draft prospects database and helped analyze methods and build models for player evaluation and on-court strategy.

Evans has a doctorate in biostatistics from Harvard.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31567143/washington-wizards-hire-katherine-evans-becomes-first-nba-run-analytics-department
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,964

Post#513 » by anotherhomer » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:45 am

It's quite obvious ujiri is going to wizards

But this is what Toronto going to miss....
A guy who can play poker with the best of them and guide an organization to the Championship

I am sure Bobby Webster is a good GM but that's like equivalent of Kyle Dubas...

Raps prolly be consistently 1st to 2nd round each year....
Ujiri leadership will sorely be missed
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,964

Post#514 » by anotherhomer » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:47 am

:evil:
tdotrep2 wrote:Masai clearly gave the ownership things he wants, that means that if they give masai what he wants he stays. If they don't theres a chance he leaves. Thats the situation im not worried about **** washington.

Ujiri is prolly referring to the 1st and 2nd round picks he had to include in salary dumps
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,184

Post#515 » by D.Brasco » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:03 am

RapsFan008 wrote:That twitter account is titled Parody Account, so yeah lol.

Is it possible that "parody account" is really a Masai burner that tweets stuff he can't post on his official socials?
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,757

Post#516 » by ItsDanger » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:28 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

On a serious note though, it sucks we lost her. Our team-building was on-point from an analytics perspective.

Evans previously was director of strategic research for the Toronto Raptors. She oversaw data sources to build a draft prospects database and helped analyze methods and build models for player evaluation and on-court strategy.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31567143/washington-wizards-hire-katherine-evans-becomes-first-nba-run-analytics-department

Easily replaced. This means nothing.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
UnderdogRaptors
RealGM
And1: 44,305

Post#517 » by UnderdogRaptors » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:00 am

BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:BRING BACK BRYAN COLANGELO!!!!!!!!

BC_IS_A_PLAYA wrote:jonas sucks, his dad should have got a vasectomy
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,300

Post#518 » by Tor_Raps » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:51 pm

Someone have Danny Ainge on backup if Masai is out lol.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,981

Post#519 » by Mack11 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:43 pm

anotherhomer wrote:It's quite obvious ujiri is going to wizards

But this is what Toronto going to miss....
A guy who can play poker with the best of them and guide an organization to the Championship

I am sure Bobby Webster is a good GM but that's like equivalent of Kyle Dubas...

Raps prolly be consistently 1st to 2nd round each year....
Ujiri leadership will sorely be missed

yeah quite obvious lol

i thought ppl were joking with the panic.. i never heard of this data analytics person and now that became the deciding factor that masai is headed there? lol i could also spin it like they hired our data analytics as a consolation prize since masai isnt going there.. who hires a data analyst before the president of basketball anyways.. shouldnt it be the other way around? thats like hiring assistant coaches before the head coach
Jerry Lucas
Pro Prospect
And1: 756

Post#520 » by Jerry Lucas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:

She was hired before the start of the 2019-20 season lol she wasn't even here yet when we won the chip.
Tre Mann should have been a Top 10 Pick in the 2021 Draft

Team Find The Next Superstar Closer

Return to Toronto Raptors