ImageImageImage

Welcome Tobias Harris

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,509

Re: Welcome Tobias Harris 

Post#901 » by 76ciology » Sun May 30, 2021 5:32 pm

Sixerscan wrote:I think my biggest surprise coming out of that offseason is that Richardson didn't end up being better. I really thought there was decent odds that he was going to be like Tobias and keep gradually improving to the point that he became a borderline all star. If that happens then it makes the decision of Tobias versus Jimmy (to the extent that was a decision) a little different because they presumably didn't have an easy S+T for Tobias (So it's really Tobias+Josh versus Jimmy). But obviously that didn't happen and he's not even starting for Dallas at this point.

I guess at this point it's still Tobias+Curry versus Jimmy (and a 2nd). I'd still rather have Jimmy (team dynamics aside) but it's more acceptable than it used to be. One underrated thing about Tobias is that he's still pretty young (29 in July) and should be in his prime for the life of his deal barring injury. The concern with Jimmy (32 in September) wasn't the first 2 years of a 5 year deal it was the last two.

Thats a good way of looking at it.

I was surprised Josh looks to have hit rock bottom and he’s now even playing 6th man for the Mavs.

Pretty sure Mavs is mad about Redick hiding from them lol Would have loved to get JJ in the offseason I think he’d play better with us. But i cant blame the FO for he is redundant now we have Seth. GHill was the better choice.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 219

Post#902 » by Embiid-MVP » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:42 am

Embiid-MVP wrote:
Embiid-MVP wrote:"Another One!"
:banghead:
76ciology
RealGM

Post#903 » by 76ciology » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:04 am

Beal is better but there’s a lot of similarities with Tobi and Beal’s style on their scoring game. Both are not that good on ISO and they like to generate shots for themselves off a screen. Both also are more of mid range shooters than 3pt shooters.

Beal is just a lot better at getting to the line and shooting 3s. That makes him a better scorer.

Tobi has to learn how to use some tricks in creating space when he drives to the rim (use your legs, shoulders or off arm). Watch how Jimmy does it. Tobi hates contact like most shooters.

Then Tobi also has to be a lot better on shooting his 3s. He’s gonna cost us some games when we need him to nail an open 3.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#904 » by elchengue20 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:09 pm

If he only was a very good spot up 3point shooter it would be enough.

Unfortunelately hes very inconsistent and his outside shot tends to dissapear when we need him.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#905 » by Sixerscan » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:43 am

Read on Twitter

Wonder how many books he's read this playoffs. Bet it's a lot.
Slick SickSir
Junior
And1: 227

Post#906 » by Slick SickSir » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:24 am

Hes really been what we have hoped for this year all season and now in the playoffs too. Respect. Amd hes a great person. Happy for him and us
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 536

Post#907 » by sodmoraes » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:28 am

Im ready for Hussien Fatal hot take on the general board: Is Tobias Harris better than Kevin Durant?

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
Embiid-MVP
Junior

Post#908 » by Embiid-MVP » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:14 am

Embiid-MVP wrote:
Embiid-MVP wrote:
Embiid-MVP wrote:"Another One!"
76ciology
RealGM

Post#909 » by 76ciology » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:35 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,782

Post#910 » by Negrodamus » Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:54 pm

76ciology wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:

Trade him. Efficient ISO playoff scoring and leadership presence doesn't cut it.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#911 » by VDT » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:02 pm

Honestly, Harris is proving most of us here wrong this year. Barely anyone thought he could be that useful.
elchengue20
Sixth Man

Post#912 » by elchengue20 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:28 pm

Hes been great.Better than i expected for sure.

I want him to keep playing at this level against Nets/Bucks tho.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#913 » by 76ciology » Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 am

I’d say the biggest misconception, well atleast for me, is he’s a good 3pt shooter. He looks like one and always thought he was.

IMO it would be more realistic and beneficial for the team if he can make a big jump on his 3pt shooting than to expect it from Ben.

In this playoffs he’s shooting 37% on 3s and 39% on mid range, the reason he’s playing well is he’s scoring in the paint.

At some point his perimeter shooting has to improve. Because those shots in the paint will be taken away from him once he faced better teams.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,794

Post#914 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:20 pm

76ciology wrote:In this playoffs he’s shooting 37% on 3s and 39% on mid range, the reason he’s playing well is he’s scoring in the paint.

At some point his perimeter shooting has to improve. Because those shots in the paint will be taken away from him once he faced better teams.

Careful here: he’s barely taken any long midrange shots in the playoffs (10 shots from 15-20 feet), but he’s taken 33 shots from 5-10 feet and he’s shooting great from there, 55%. That’s the Tobias sweet spot, and he’s been hitting it hard this year in the PO. Backing people down, pulling up close to the cup, etc, shooting that stuff 3 x’s more frequently than long midrangers.

Also Tobias shot way better from midrange in the RS—he was 48% in each of short, medium, and long midrange this year on big volume—and the playoff sample is very small. Not sure I’d count him out there.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,712

Post#915 » by the_process » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:39 am

Tobias with another 20 point playoff game. Maximize that trade value!

For real, he has to go. The Sixers need a guy you can throw the ball to up top and say "get a bucket". Maxey is the closest thing they have to that right now. You can't have two max guys who basically need to be assisted and a third who doesn't even play offense.
Embiid-MVP
Junior

Post#916 » by Embiid-MVP » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:39 pm

the_process wrote:Tobias with another 20 point playoff game. Maximize that trade value!

For real, he has to go. The Sixers need a guy you can throw the ball to up top and say "get a bucket". Maxey is the closest thing they have to that right now. You can't have two max guys who basically need to be assisted and a third who doesn't even play offense.

Yes the 6ers need that guy but Harris isn't lumped in with the other 2 guys your mentioning. Harris can get his own shot when he's allowed to get his own. He may not be the greatest at it but he's been way better and consistent like we hoped he would of been. I wouldn't be knocking Harris. I'd pick someone else to pick on
the_process
RealGM

Post#917 » by the_process » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:44 pm

Embiid-MVP wrote:
the_process wrote:Tobias with another 20 point playoff game. Maximize that trade value!

Yes the 6ers need that guy but Harris isn't lumped in with the other 2 guys your mentioning. Harris can get his own shot when he's allowed to get his own. He may not be the greatest at it but he's been way better and consistent like we hoped he would of been. I wouldn't be knocking Harris. I'd pick someone else to pick on

Harris’ “creation” is far overstated. It involves him trying not to dribble off his foot while he backs in to a 17 footer. That’s not shot creation.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#918 » by DCasey91 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:06 pm

Maxey is not the closest thing we have

It’s Milton or Harris on the outer that’s it. Harris ain’t even outer he has an inside/out game not the other way around.

I mean Doc sends the play calls through. All three crapped the bed, but the lack of touches was Doc being a mule like he his.

Dude dribbled it out against Bogi one on one wtf was that. He uses 6 moves when two will do sort of thing. It’s because his awareness is limited.

All three shirk in the big moments.
the_process
RealGM

Post#919 » by the_process » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:36 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Maxey is not the closest thing we have

It’s Milton or Harris on the outer that’s it. Harris ain’t even outer he has an inside/out game not the other way around.

I mean Doc sends the play calls through. All three crapped the bed, but the lack of touches was Doc being a mule like he his.

Dude dribbled it out against Bogi one on one wtf was that. He uses 6 moves when two will do sort of thing. It’s because his awareness is limited.

All three shirk in the big moments.

Milton does have it, sometimes. He’s been too much in his own kitchen since about the All-Star break, though, plus he’s more important as a shooter so I’m not counting him. Maxey can have the ball up top and get to the hole and finish. No one else on this team can do that. That’s what I’m talking about.

Doc is stubborn, granted.
elchengue20
Sixth Man

Post#920 » by elchengue20 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:03 am

Cant win a damn thing with this guy as a go-to perimeter scorer.

I always sayed in that role hes even worse than a Khris Midelton.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers