ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA II

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,127

Re: Around the NBA II 

Post#1801 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:41 pm

NippySudz wrote:Is Doc going to squander another 3-1 lead? I don't care if embiid is out. Surely, he can win one game with this team, right?

Even worse, he'd be blowing a 3-0 lead, which has never been done before in the NBA.

I doubt it happens, but man, I really want to see it happen. Even without Embiid, Doc has more than enough talent to win one more game against this Wizards team, so there's no excuses.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#1802 » by nickhx2 » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:57 pm

lmao imagine missing harrell of all players

dude's a joke. you figure his locker room presence plays some factor into him not seeing any court time.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#1803 » by NippySudz » Wed Jun 2, 2021 11:58 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Is Doc going to squander another 3-1 lead? I don't care if embiid is out. Surely, he can win one game with this team, right?

Even worse, he'd be blowing a 3-0 lead, which has never been done before in the NBA.

I doubt it happens, but man, I really want to see it happen. Even without Embiid, Doc has more than enough talent to win one more game against this Wizards team, so there's no excuses.

I don't have anything against the sixers, but same. I hope they lose because of Doc and I hope the lakers lose because of Trezz throwing shade at the clippers being down 2-0 . Otherwise, I'd like a LAL-LAC western conference finals. I'd really like to see that. I also hope we win today.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,419

Post#1804 » by TrueLAfan » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:12 am

Trezz was and is one of those players that does some very obvious things very well. He’s usually instant energy. He gets offensive boards and scores in the paint well. He’s incredibly efficient. Those were and are good things.

But he also doesn’t do a lot of things well that are less obvious, but just as important. He has no range. He is a poor passer—and those two things combined mean it’s hard to involve him in offensive sets. His energy good on D … until it isn’t, when he overplays and gets way out of positions trying to get blocks. But he has to do that because he’s undersized at his position.

The big issue with Trezz for me is that his strengths don’t translate as well into playoff time, when D is more emphasized and interior play is rougher. He got and gets pushed out of the way in the low post and can’t get those offensive boards, which means he scores less. He fouls markedly more—and he was already overplaying people in the RS. It is what it is.

About CP3 and the Suns right now—yes, they’ve probably got a little too much swagger. And, yeah, CP3 having playoff injuries is sort of a permanent playoff news fixture. That being said—the Suns are good. I say this with a heavy heart—they’re a better team than Lob City was. They’re young and hungry—and they’re getting the chance to get their playoff legs under them while the Lakers are injured and reeling. Sure it isn’t like playing the Lakers at full strength. But everyone should be worried about the Suns. They’re getting a couple of years of playoff experience(s) in one year—practically in one series. Of their top 10 players in minutes played in the RS—CP3 is 35. Jae Crowder is 30. None of the other 8 is over 27.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#1805 » by RingColluder » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:04 am

Talking about Trez being a playoff issue when Zu has been an absolute failure this postseason, did nothing in the RS and had people screaming at the top of their lungs last year that he was so much better than the minutes Doc gave him.

LOL LOL
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1806 » by NippySudz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:15 am

RingColluder wrote:Talking about Trez being a playoff issue when Zu has been an absolute failure this postseason, did nothing in the RS and had people screaming at the top of their lungs last year that he was so much better than the minutes Doc gave him.

LOL LOL

Zu is still more useful. It'll be silly to suggest he's not. His value comes more in the second round.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1807 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:20 am

RingColluder wrote:Talking about Trez being a playoff issue when Zu has been an absolute failure this postseason, did nothing in the RS and had people screaming at the top of their lungs last year that he was so much better than the minutes Doc gave him.

LOL LOL

Trez made Boban look like prime Shaq in the playoffs against this same team last year. What's Trez doing this postseason besides warming the bench?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1808 » by NippySudz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:29 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

LOL LOL

Trez made Boban look like prime Shaq in the playoffs against this same team last year. What's Trez doing this postseason besides warming the bench?

Lue didn't entertain that ****, got Zu back in there immediately against Boban. What Happened? We stopped the bleeding. Unlike Last year. Again, silly to suggest Trez is more useful than Zu.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1809 » by NippySudz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:45 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Is Doc going to become #The3-0Bum?

Unfortunately not. Damn, it would have been great to see.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#1810 » by esqtvd » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:46 am

NippySudz wrote:

LOL LOL

Zu is still more useful. It'll be silly to suggest he's not. His value comes more in the second round.

At the moment Zu is getting yanked just like vs the Dubs in 2019. Trezz averaged 18 ppg in that series. In 2021 he is still a mess and is much less effective without his running buddy Lou, who goes way back with him to their Houston days.

I'm not sure this tells us much about this year OR last year OR the year before except maybe everyone has gotten more or less the minutes they actually earned. They are spare parts and don't fit every matchup and situation.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#1811 » by NippySudz » Thu Jun 3, 2021 1:53 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

LOL LOL

At the moment Zu is getting yanked just like vs the Dubs in 2019. Trezz averaged 18 ppg in that series. In 2021 he is still a mess and is much less effective without his running buddy Lou, who goes way back with him to their Houston days.

I'm not sure this tells us much about this year OR last year OR the year before except maybe everyone has gotten more or less the minutes they actually earned. They are spare parts and don't fit every matchup and situation.

I would expect to be yanked when they are agile players or people who can hit threes. Against Boban, I don't expect so. That's where I judge him. How does he do against Bigs similar to him or defending Bigs. I can't expect Zu to keep up with curry, Luka or guys like that when they PnR him to death.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,804

Post#1812 » by esqtvd » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:13 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Zu is still more useful. It'll be silly to suggest he's not. His value comes more in the second round.

I would expect to be yanked when they are agile players or people who can hit threes. Against Boban, I don't expect so. That's where I judge him. How does he do against Bigs similar to him or defending Bigs. I can't expect Zu to keep up with curry, Luka or guys like that when they PnR him to death.

Yeah, you keep a traditional 7-footer to deal with other 7-footers although Zu is not in the top tier or even 2nd tier [Drummond, Nurkic, Valančiūnas, Vucevic, etc.]. The league has changed. Bobi can never stay on the floor despite his freakish attributes. He never looks that bad to me but if he's not having one of those games, you look up and he's minus-10 in like 4 minutes.

I had hoped Zu would rise up to at least that second tier but although he runs the floor well enough, he still has no game. Maybe next year.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Neddy
RealGM
And1: 3,908

Post#1813 » by Neddy » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:39 am

Zu still had nearly 20 PER this season?
ehhhhh f it.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1814 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:27 pm

Apparently CP3 is now demanding a $100 million contract from the Suns. This is another textbook example of why I don't miss him. He's 36 years old, always gets injured in the playoffs, has never led a team past the second round, but still expects to get paid like he's LeBron - and he's putting this out there in the media during a series his team hasn't won yet.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#1815 » by og15 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:58 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Apparently CP3 is now demanding a $100 million contract from the Suns. This is another textbook example of why I don't miss him. He's 36 years old, always gets injured in the playoffs, has never led a team past the second round, but still expects to get paid like he's LeBron - and he's putting this out there in the media during a series his team hasn't won yet.

Eric Pincus from Bleacher Report decided to write an article about the Suns players and their future contracts, and cites his info as "according to sources". He suggests that Paul is trying to bet on himself to get more years.

Your narration sounds like Chris Paul held a press conference or made a Twitter post, etc about it, and is going to hold the Suns at gunpoint for the contract lol

LeBron is making 41M and 44M, CP or his agent aren't delusionaln to try and get paid like LeBron. That's around $10M/year less.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#1816 » by RingColluder » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:10 am

Ty Lue tanking the last 2 games looks worse and worse with this Suns win
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#1817 » by RingColluder » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:17 am

This is EXACTLY why I wanted to play the Lakers in round 1. Was I the only one??

The Lakers were injured and depleted. Even if we lost in round 2 at least we would have been able to beat this AD-less Lakers team.

Unbelievable.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1818 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:23 am

For all the remaining Trez apologists: your guy is getting humiliated by Frank Kaminsky. At least last year you could use the excuses that Boban is too big and Jokic is too good. What's the excuse now?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,806

Post#1819 » by og15 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:27 am

MartinToVaught wrote:For all the remaining Trez apologists: your guy is getting humiliated by Dario Saric. At least last year you could use the excuses that Boban is too big and Jokic is too good. What's the excuse now?

It's Kaminsky, I made the same mistake :lol:

Lakers looking BAD though, wow, like bad bad
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#1820 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:28 am

RingColluder wrote:This is EXACTLY why I wanted to play the Lakers in round 1. Was I the only one??

The Lakers were injured and depleted. Even if we lost in round 2 at least we would have been able to beat this AD-less Lakers team.

Unbelievable.

We're still the Clippers. If they were playing us, AD would be having the game of his life tonight, injury be damned, instead of limping out of the game after a few minutes. We'd be making Schroder, KCP and Kuzma look like Curry, Klay and Ray Allen all series. And on top of that, we'd still have Playoff LeBron to contend with.

It's whatever at this point. Here's hoping LeBron demands a trade to the Clippers and makes this all worth it.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers