ImageImageImageImageImage

What players should the Warriors go after next season

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

superunknown
Bench Warmer
And1: 424

Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#201 » by superunknown » Thu Jun 3, 2021 12:33 pm

we need a starting C (so the wiseman can grow playing his minutes mostly with the second unit, either if the plan is to keep him either if it's not) and a backup PG.
those 2 are the priorities IMO.
then we need another wing player who can give us quality minutes from the bench.
ideally 3 veterans or at least not rookies/sophomores, but realistically at least 1 of those if not 2 will be rookies.
gasol, ibaka, batum, rose, lowry, holmes, graham and similar.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#202 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:10 pm

superunknown wrote:we need a starting C (so the wiseman can grow playing his minutes mostly with the second unit, either if the plan is to keep him either if it's not) and a backup PG.
those 2 are the priorities IMO.
then we need another wing player who can give us quality minutes from the bench.
ideally 3 veterans or at least not rookies/sophomores, but realistically at least 1 of those if not 2 will be rookies.
gasol, ibaka, batum, rose, lowry, holmes, graham and similar.

Vet C who is a decent shooter/defender/rebounder
Vet wing who is a decent shooter/defender
vet PG who can run the team when Curry/Green are off the floor

All 3 players will likely be under 25 minutes a game.

Unfortunately every team in the NBA wants the same players :)

Olynyk for the C
TJ McConnell for the PG

The third one is a longer list of choices that would work. I've wanted Thad Young for years and he keeps going one place after another for cheap and keeps producing decent overall results. Portis, and Dwight Powell would work on the Warriors too and I know someone talked about S&T of Oubre for Powell and Finney-Smith from the Mavs that fill those roles some too.

How to get them is the big issue.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#203 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:34 pm

I think McConnell will get a deal upwards of $10m this offseason. I'd be surprised if he or Olynk were willing to take the minimum (all we'd have to offer after the tax payer MLE).
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
cpower
RealGM
And1: 7,134

Post#204 » by cpower » Thu Jun 3, 2021 4:36 pm

Kawhi
Lebron
PG
Lowry
in this order
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#205 » by SAKURABA216 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 5:54 pm

cpower wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:DeRozan is not what we need. If he signs for the MLE then fine, he can be our sixth man, otherwise I'm happy with Poole as the spark off the bench and with Wiggins, much better fit in this team, as the starting 3.
If a star player is available for trading we should absolutely pursue him, but DeRozan is not that kind of player.
I want players like Paul George, Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdon, Domantas Sabonis, Bradley Beal etc.

Derozan is not far off from Siakam and Beal..actually

i would rank them as PG, Lowry, Sabonis, Beal/Brogdon/Siakam/Derozan. Beal and Siakam is ballhog and wont work too well in our system.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Beal played next to Westbrook who insists on having the ball in his hands so he can score and get assists to rack up his triple doubles. I think he should fit in well here with Curry playing off-ball and Dray playing qb more out of necessity than anything else. I could be wrong though because I haven't watched a single Wizards game this year lol.
cpower
RealGM

Post#206 » by cpower » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:24 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:
cpower wrote:
lars_rosenberg wrote:DeRozan is not what we need. If he signs for the MLE then fine, he can be our sixth man, otherwise I'm happy with Poole as the spark off the bench and with Wiggins, much better fit in this team, as the starting 3.
If a star player is available for trading we should absolutely pursue him, but DeRozan is not that kind of player.
I want players like Paul George, Kyle Lowry, Pascal Siakam, Malcolm Brogdon, Domantas Sabonis, Bradley Beal etc.

Derozan is not far off from Siakam and Beal..actually

i would rank them as PG, Lowry, Sabonis, Beal/Brogdon/Siakam/Derozan. Beal and Siakam is ballhog and wont work too well in our system.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but Beal played next to Westbrook who insists on having the ball in his hands so he can score and get assists to rack up his triple doubles. I think he should fit in well here with Curry playing off-ball and Dray playing qb more out of necessity than anything else. I could be wrong though because I haven't watched a single Wizards game this year lol.

again we should focus on three key things we need to improve:
rebounding, playmaking and shooting

does Beal help to improve any of that? No..so i will say pass.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#207 » by and1GS » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:26 pm

Can we keep this thread to realistic suggestions? We have a trade thread for the pipe dream superstar deals. I'm more curious how we'll fill out rotation spots 6-8. I really don't see any way we get valuable depth after using the MLE. Curous how we'll avoid another year of Bazemore/Mulder/Lee playing big minutes.

The only option might be hope Oubre swings and misses in FA, then re-sign on a 1+1 as a backup 3/4.
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#208 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jun 3, 2021 9:43 pm

cpower wrote:
SAKURABA216 wrote:
cpower wrote:Derozan is not far off from Siakam and Beal..actually

Not saying the Warriors have a hope in hell of getting Beal, but you just said Beal doesn't help with shooting or playmaking ... ??
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#209 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:26 am

Maybe all Draymond's sucking up to Lebron will cash in with a Lebron for Wiggins trade?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
cpower
RealGM

Post#210 » by cpower » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:55 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
cpower wrote:
SAKURABA216 wrote:

Not saying the Warriors have a hope in hell of getting Beal, but you just said Beal doesn't help with shooting or playmaking ... ??

have you watched any Beal's game? he takes a lot of long 2s and he iso all the time. He would be bad for the ball movement we are doing here. Also beal is a bad defender
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#211 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:00 am

Maybe LeBron done with his team again. He wants to play for Curry during All-Star game.

Come on over.... Wiggins + Dubb first for Bron?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
ChuckDurn
Assistant Coach
And1: 789

Post#212 » by ChuckDurn » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:09 am

and1GS wrote:Can we keep this thread to realistic suggestions? We have a trade thread for the pipe dream superstar deals. I'm more curious how we'll fill out rotation spots 6-8. I really don't see any way we get valuable depth after using the MLE. Curous how we'll avoid another year of Bazemore/Mulder/Lee playing big minutes.

The only option might be hope Oubre swings and misses in FA, then re-sign on a 1+1 as a backup 3/4.

Looking at what’s available to the Warriors this year:
1) TP MLE - about $5.9M
2) Minimum contracts
3) Oubre sign-and-trade => seems pretty unlikely to happen, based on limited teams expected to have interest, and salary constraints
4) Draft picks - not the subject of this topic
5) Trade - and virtually the only players we can trade are minimum contract guys (who cares), Wiseman, and Wiggins. So inevitably, we’re going to be talking about trading for superstar / max contract guys.

I’ve seen a bunch of decent suggestions on #1, nobody’s terribly excited about #2, so almost the only thing remaining to talk about is the...... superstar deal ideas.

(Not that I think it’s going to happen, but it’s easy to see why we end up there, with so few other options to discuss.)
If I don't have anything funny to say, can I still have a signature?
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#213 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:40 am

To be honest a team with Curry and LeBaron would be exciting on the court.
Steph is literally the best fit next to LeBron, I can't think of a better partner di for him as he's the best floor spacer in the history of the game and also one of the best players in general. The team would be a contender even if without Klay being 100%.
I dislike LeBron as a person, but it could be fun to have him as a guest for a year or two. Klutch would also get a lot of role in players on the cheap.

With KD on a super team in the east, it only makes sense for LeBron to join Curry. It's probably his only chance at another title.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#214 » by DevinVassell » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:48 am

lol eff that, if LeBron comes here, I am done as a Dubs fan.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#215 » by lars_rosenberg » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:03 am

DevinVassell wrote:lol eff that, if LeBron comes here, I am done as a Dubs fan.
You're not a Warriors fan then.
cpower
RealGM

Post#216 » by cpower » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:22 am

i would not mind having LeFlop here. at least refs will give us some sweets
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#217 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:30 am

LeBron is the best wing Dubbs can find right now. And the ability to run the offense when Curry and Dray on the bench, he fixes so many things.

I love some 8 on 5 basketball too. Need refs help from NBA.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
DevinVassell
Bench Warmer
And1: 850

Post#218 » by DevinVassell » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:48 am

lars_rosenberg wrote:
DevinVassell wrote:lol eff that, if LeBron comes here, I am done as a Dubs fan.
You're not a Warriors fan then.

Yeah, your right.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#219 » by Kuya » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:55 am

Mike Conley and Marc Gasol
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,291

Post#220 » by killmongrel » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:04 am

I would have to seek therapy if LBJ goes to the Warriors but I would still root for them.

Return to Golden State Warriors