ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#81 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:38 am

MPJ...

*sigh* these playoffs and seeing the offensive performances of guys like Dame , Jokic , Luka , Booker , MPJ... makes me wonder if that squad Tmac was on ( yes that juwa howard, dre gooden , giricek and etc ) would fare better in this era lol
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Post#82 » by Rainwater » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:51 am

RookieStar wrote:MPJ...

*sigh* these playoffs and seeing the offensive performances of guys like Dame , Jokic , Luka , Booker , MPJ... makes me wonder if that squad Tmac was on ( yes that juwa howard, dre gooden , giricek and etc ) would fare better in this era lol

How so? That team was straight garbage besides T-Mac. In this era you need to be a super team to have any chance. And correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that the team that lost 26 or so straight games to start the season?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#83 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:14 am

Rainwater wrote:
RookieStar wrote:MPJ...

How so? That team was straight garbage besides T-Mac. In this era you need to be a super team to have any chance. And correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that the team that lost 26 or so straight games to start the season?

oh right right I forgot about that.. i probably blanked that 1-19 record. I was remembering about that magical run we had against the Pistons where we went 3-1. It was straihht garbage I agrre because we couldnt defend and had no last.line of defense big man. Something that isnt really an issue in this new era. Think about it, Tmac porbably the greatest SG in that time ( him and kobe were a debate ) with a shooter in Giricek and a scoring big in Gooden...

but yeah probably garbage and fans of other teams would be screaming " let tmac go to win a ring " at our boards 24/7
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,017

Post#84 » by fendilim » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:18 am

Xatticus wrote:Gordon was drafted the year before. We took Hezonja the year that Porzingis was drafted ahead of us.

I think we wouldn’t have drafted Gordon though if Hennigan’s plan to draft and stash Porzingis with the EP pick fell into place.

Unfortunately, KP’s brother didnt want kP to sit out his first year.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#85 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:11 am

Again about the PO.. i know I kept saying its back to big lineups but I just noticed that the Suns are starting a 7 footer, 3 guys who are around 6'6 and 1 6ft PG...

Granted the 6footer is a HoFer and one of the 6'5ish dude is probably a multiple allstar... but still..

I wonder how they will stack against a team where the big guys arent injured old and slow.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#86 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:12 am

Again about the PO.. i know I kept saying its back to big lineups but I just noticed that the Suns are starting a 7 footer, 3 guys who are around 6'6 and 1 6ft PG...

Granted the 6footer is a HoFer and one of the 6'5ish dude is probably a multiple allstar... but still..

I wonder how they will stack against a team where the big guys arent injured old and slow.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#87 » by cedric76 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:23 am

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy to see LeFraud to be out of this playoff, the easy path doesnt always payoff
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#88 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:47 am

cedric76 wrote:SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy to see LeFraud to be out of this playoff, the easy path doesnt always payoff

Whats more, what are they gonna do now? LBJ ia getting older, AD is injured so you have to load manage him in the RS hoping ge is 100% in the PO... Schroeder i dunno if he will resign or what but they have no picks, probably over the CAP and which team will want their players outside AD when they shown they stunk it up?
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#89 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:30 am

Xatticus wrote:Gordon was drafted the year before. We took Hezonja the year that Porzingis was drafted ahead of us.

Porzingis was eligiable for draft in 2014 but pulled out. Woj already reported in 2016 that story.

HEnnigan wanted to draft him with 10th pick but Porzingis didn't want to. It's unclear did he just wanted to avoid Orlando or he really wanted to improve. Regardless he ducked Orlando that year.

According to The Vertical's Adrian Wojnarowski, the Magic were enamored by then 18-year-old Kristaps Porzingis, so much so that they guaranteed to select the big man with their second pick. As the draft neared, however, it became less and less likely that Porzingis, who told Wojnarowski that he entered the 2014 draft to "just get my name out there," would stay in the draft.

At the end of the day, despite being guaranteed a selection in the lottery, Porzingis decided to pull out from the draft, claiming he wasn't ready for the NBA. Thus, Porzingis was betting on himself to get better, a tactic that has backfired on so many young, talented prospects before him. But, for Porzingis, it worked out, and in a big way.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#90 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:32 am

Lebron gone fishing in first round. My day couldn't start any better :lol:
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#91 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:08 am

Ok I admit i spoke too soon about Lillard and loyalty. It appears Dame is now rumbling avout loyalty and help and all. lol
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#92 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:00 am

RookieStar wrote:Ok I admit i spoke too soon about Lillard and loyalty. It appears Dame is now rumbling avout loyalty and help and all. lol

I don't know. i find Blazers & Dame Lillard relationship as abusive one.

Dame is good enough to win you 45-55, and lose in second round if first round is easier matchup. Guy is 30. He puts up ridicilious stats but will never be your bets player on championship team.
But guy is also payed like he is best player in basketball, witch he simply isn't.

Blazers GM & front office are joke who should have made trades for rim protector and elite 2 way star , instad they stuffed roster with average, one dimensional wings like Harkless, RHJ, Covington, Aminu and their C rotation was always laughable joke, despite Nurkic being good, he never fitted need.

And all that comes from fact that they can't trade McCullum because Lillard doesn't allow them.
It doesn't take geniuos to see that trade for likes McCullum for Jalen Brown would fix vast majority of issues on both teams, but Ainge would never do that trade and Olshey does not have balls to do anything Lillard doesn't allow.

So it's just abusive relationship of front office that isn't good at their job and has no control over starpower of superstar who isnt' good enough to win them ring but is good enough to be prima donna .

You look at Blazers roster and it's ridicilous how poorly balanced it is.

Lillard 6-2 can't defend
McCullum 6'3 can't defend
Simons 6'3
Powell 6'3 plays SF

Tj Leaf can't defend
Carmelo Anthony 6'9 can't defend
Kanter -cant defend
Nurkic can't defend without drop coverage

It's simply impossible to compete if you have 1 good defendr, Robert Covington, and other good one, Powell, plays SF and in that matchup, against Gordon ,Millsap or Porter guy is literally one head shorther
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#93 » by drsd » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:20 am

cedric76 wrote:SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Happy to see LeFraud to be out of this playoff, the easy path doesnt always payoff

The Suns looked like a classic regular-season team. It is interesting to see how dominant they have been in wins in this playoffs series.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#94 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:40 am

drsd wrote:

The Suns looked like a classic regular-season team. It is interesting to see how dominant they have been in wins in this playoffs series.

I have a feeling they wont advance after this. As i said, they are trotting out a single 7 footer with 3 6'5/6 guys and a 6ft PG. They just met an old injured and slow team. When they face the bigger teams that aremt injured and as mobile as them, they are going to be in trouble.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#95 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:46 am

RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:

I have a feeling they wont advance after this. As i said, they are trotting out a single 7 footer with 3 6'5/6 guys and a 6ft PG. They just met an old injured and slow team. When they face the bigger teams that aremt injured and as mobile as them, they are going to be in trouble.

Next up Denver without Murray if they advance through that , winner of Jazz- Mavs / Clippres ( probably Mavs ) winner.
It's not impossible to see Suns in WCF , hell if they got lucky , finals.

But they probably not passing Nuggets without healthy Paul.

I'm rooting for Jazz or Bucks. But probably Nets will win it all.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#96 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:55 am

pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
drsd wrote:

Next up Denver without Murray if they advance through that , winner of Jazz- Mavs / Clippres ( probably Mavs ) winner.
It's not impossible to see Suns in WCF , hell if they got lucky , finals.

But they probably not passing Nuggets without healthy Paul.

I'm rooting for Jazz or Bucks. But probably Nets will win it all.

I said in another thread something about great playmaker vs great scorer. Im going to be vindicated or made a fool of with the outcome of this series. Without Murray, Joker is still the playmaker so offense wont be hurt that nuch. Especially with MPJ being able to go nuclear in scoring.

I just think the suns when faced a very big and mobile AG and MPJ on the wings and not the injured AD and oldman LBJ would be in trouble. Plus AG can lockup booker because he isnt as fast as Dame.

I dunno about ayton holding down Jokic but I also dont know if Jokic can hold down Ayton.
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,135

Post#97 » by rcklsscognition » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:40 pm

I hope Boston hires Becky, she's a great coach.
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#98 » by The Effect » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:59 pm

pepe1991 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Ok I admit i spoke too soon about Lillard and loyalty. It appears Dame is now rumbling avout loyalty and help and all. lol

I don't know. i find Blazers & Dame Lillard relationship as abusive one.

Dame is good enough to win you 45-55, and lose in second round if first round is easier matchup. Guy is 30. He puts up ridicilious stats but will never be your bets player on championship team.
But guy is also payed like he is best player in basketball, witch he simply isn't.

Blazers GM & front office are joke who should have made trades for rim protector and elite 2 way star , instad they stuffed roster with average, one dimensional wings like Harkless, RHJ, Covington, Aminu and their C rotation was always laughable joke, despite Nurkic being good, he never fitted need.

And all that comes from fact that they can't trade McCullum because Lillard doesn't allow them.
It doesn't take geniuos to see that trade for likes McCullum for Jalen Brown would fix vast majority of issues on both teams, but Ainge would never do that trade and Olshey does not have balls to do anything Lillard doesn't allow.

So it's just abusive relationship of front office that isn't good at their job and has no control over starpower of superstar who isnt' good enough to win them ring but is good enough to be prima donna .

You look at Blazers roster and it's ridicilous how poorly balanced it is.

Lillard 6-2 can't defend
McCullum 6'3 can't defend
Simons 6'3
Powell 6'3 plays SF

Tj Leaf can't defend
Carmelo Anthony 6'9 can't defend
Kanter -cant defend
Nurkic can't defend without drop coverage

It's simply impossible to compete if you have 1 good defendr, Robert Covington, and other good one, Powell, plays SF and in that matchup, against Gordon ,Millsap or Porter guy is literally one head shorther

Which again makes that deadline trade so weird
Why they traded Trent Jr for Powell is beyond me
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#99 » by tiderulz » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:38 pm

The Effect wrote:Which again makes that deadline trade so weird
Why they traded Trent Jr for Powell is beyond me

yeah, that was a bad trade. Not sure how much further Portland thought CJ's game was going to expand. but you need to have a good player at every level and with all that money with Lillard and CJ, they never really addressed other areas, just took flyers on guys on the cheap.

on the flip side, the players know there is a salary cap, but want to make the max money possible and then go somewhere else. Give Wade/Bosh/Lebron credit, they took pay cuts to get together. Tom Brady saw it too, he was never the highest paid QB in New England, so other players werent the highest paid either and they had money to spend on the team rather than just all on 1 person.
OrlandoNed
Head Coach
And1: 4,775

Post#100 » by OrlandoNed » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:20 am

At least one former magician is making plays in the postseason. AG nailed the dagger vs the Blazers to send them on vacation.

Return to Orlando Magic