ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry trending on twitter

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,363

Re: Lowry trending on twitter 

Post#21 » by traps#10 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:57 am

Called this right after the deadline lol and also another note, last year’s bubble championship is an official asterisk championship and doesn’t count
maternal85
Starter
And1: 1,728

Post#22 » by maternal85 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:11 am

Raps in 4 wrote:Imagine wasting a year of Lebron's remaining career so you can keep THT. The Lakers are the definition of a dumpster fire organization. They won a title because Lebron decided he wanted to a film a movie (can't retire without having that on his resume...) and then called up his buddy to join him (who promptly forced his current team to trade him to the Lakers). They are the most undeserving fan base in the NBA.

I have this debate with Laker fans all the time. They have a cheat code. That's playing in LA, good weather, with Hollywood in their backyard. That's what attracts superstar free agents, hence why they've won titles in the past. Without that, they would never sniff a finals let alone with titles. Their arrogance and incompetent shows by not trading for Lowry. They were thinking of their future? Since when they did the Lakers ever think about their future and build from the ground up? All they do is get top free agents.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,323

Post#23 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:22 am

When was the last time the Lakers drafted and developed their own homegrown allstar? I can't even remember it's been so long.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#24 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:26 am

Masai staring at a Pelinka with the biggest troll face right now lol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
prelude00
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#25 » by prelude00 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:29 am

Seeing those teams fizzle in the playoffs is going to get Lowry PAID in the off season

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#26 » by Rapsalot » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:29 am

I said this a trade deadline that I thought Bucks or Nets if healthy would win East and Lakers would not advance to finals and all 3 of Heat, 76ers and Lakers could use KLow’s floor general abilities something they don’t have and he can raise a team’s abilities way more than the targeted trade pieces. Now can those players be better over all in the next 5 years? Yes but, if you are in win now mode next 2 now or would have been 3 years at deadline. KLow is valuable. And I think if you gave him a legit place to compete for a ring he would work with team on salary level. That does not mean he plays for nothing but maybe he plays 2 years high $10 Mil vs the $25 Mil he floated.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#27 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:30 am

OakleyDokely wrote:When was the last time the Lakers drafted and developed their own homegrown allstar? I can't even remember it's been so long.

of the players they traded up: ya they would have had Ingram. he's the only one i can think of in recent memories that would eventually pan out. Lonzo Ball is kinda meh. of course Randle finally turned into something.

but looking at their picks, they have a terrible draft history. but AD is better than Ingram and Ball. so i guess it worked out for the Lakers. but looking back, they should have traded Kuzma instead of Josh Hart (assuming Ball and Ingram were the only must haves in the trade)
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#28 » by Zeno » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:43 am

Johnny Bball wrote:
h4rrison wrote:What did we want?

tht/schroder/pick?

Just THT and filler.

To match salary I think it had to be Schroeder, kCP and THT. There were a lot of reports that suggested we planning to flip KCP to the Nets for Dinwiddie to have his bird rights. So basically bird rights to two guys and rfa rights to THT.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,323

Post#29 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:54 am

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
OakleyDokely wrote:When was the last time the Lakers drafted and developed their own homegrown allstar? I can't even remember it's been so long.

of the players they traded up: ya they would have had Ingram. he's the only one i can think of in recent memories that would eventually pan out. Lonzo Ball is kinda meh. of course Randle finally turned into something.

but looking at their picks, they have a terrible draft history. but AD is better than Ingram and Ball. so i guess it worked out for the Lakers. but looking back, they should have traded Kuzma instead of Josh Hart (assuming Ball and Ingram were the only must haves in the trade)
And Ingram didnt even make ìt as a Laker.

If they werent a FA destination, they'd just be another team.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#30 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:57 am

OakleyDokely wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

And Ingram didnt even make ìt as a Laker.

If they werent a FA destination, they'd just be another team.

Ya of course but because of their location it’s their advantage. Some people/teams are just lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,799

Post#31 » by Steelo Green » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:59 am

Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, D Lo, Nance, Zubac, Wagner.

3 all-stars, and a lot of NBA players.

Lakers have drafted and developed fine. They just sold the farm for the superstar.

Do people think that because they made it after they left that they wouldn’t have as Lakers?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,430

Post#32 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:21 pm

Zeno wrote:There were a lot of reports that suggested we planning to flip KCP to the Nets for Dinwiddie to have his bird rights.

Literally the first time I have seen that rumour. interesting.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Ackshun
General Manager
And1: 4,574

Post#33 » by Ackshun » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:23 pm

Hard to call the non-trade a fail on the Lakers part just yet. For all we know, THT could turn into an MVP type player and lead them to 6 championships.

Now, in the moment, with Lebron soon to retire and AD in his prime, yeah it made sense to pull the trigger.

They wanted to have it both ways.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,963

Post#34 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:39 pm

Def Leppard wrote:I have said it before, these negotiations from last deadline will pay off in future years

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app

Also, Clips and Lakers now have their 2021 draft picks (around #22 or #25) to throw into the mix. That wasn't the case at the deadline.

But would Clippers give up their pick before knowing for sure if Kawhi is re-signing?
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#35 » by RapsFanInOhio » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:44 pm

We’re gonna call this the curse of Kyle Lowry.

Miami - done
LAL - done
LAC - about to be done
Philly - it’s happening

It was stupid then, and it looks even worse for all those teams now.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#36 » by Son Goku 25 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:53 pm

You can expect people to still complain you can bet your ass if Lakers got Lowry and he handled cp3 the way only he probably can in the NBA.. they'd find a way to talk sht about Masai.

That's 2 teams now, sixers could have walked past the wizards on one leg so they're next on the list.

That's besides the point, yall don't understand the long game and want BC type childish trades every few weeks like you're playing 2k. This will definitely help with a potential sign ans trade and Lowry still has a market.
And1+2
Head Coach
And1: 10,391

Post#37 » by And1+2 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:00 pm

Lowry's value is going up, which bodes well for S&T scenarios. This is good. Masai holding may turn out to be brilliant.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,222

Post#38 » by Raptorfan2012 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:11 pm

You have to respect Masai for this. If teams weren't offering much for Lowry, then Masai was not going to give Lowry away like a charity to help other teams get their championship. That's my President!
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#39 » by bluerap23 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 1:21 pm

Steelo Green wrote:Julius Randle, Brandon Ingram, Lonzo Ball, D Lo, Nance, Zubac, Wagner.

3 all-stars, and a lot of NBA players.

Lakers have drafted and developed fine. They just sold the farm for the superstar.

Do people think that because they made it after they left that they wouldn’t have as Lakers?

And what have they gotten out of it. 1 championship, 1 first round exit and many years of missing the playoffs. Now LeBron is on his last legs. I don't feel confident they will win another championship.

On top of that - they never would have got LeBron if they weren't in LA.
Tor_Raps
RealGM
And1: 36,290

Post#40 » by Tor_Raps » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:10 pm

FluLikeSymptoms wrote:Nobody offered anything for Kyle. The 6ers will be missing him next.

Yup, they'll be missing him when they get knocked out by the winner of Bucks/Nets. Kind of makes keeping him at the deadline a better thing long term. Those teams will think twice next time in negotiations, assuming Masai sticks around.

Return to Toronto Raptors