Re: What players should the Warriors go after next season 

Post#221 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:02 pm

Warrior fans:

"Steph's all alone, we need vets who can score!"
"Kelly Oubre is dumb we need vets with high IQ"
"Wiggins is passive we need vets who can take over"
"JW sucks we need a big who can playmake"
"None of our wings can dribble we need a vet who can handle the ball"
"Bob Meyers sucks we need a GM who can build a winner and attract free agents and win now"

Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#222 » by ahmetmekin » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:40 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:Warrior fans:

"Bob Meyers sucks we need a GM who can build a winner and attract free agents and win now"

This one alone outweighs Lebron's **** personality and fan base.
Lebron, come to Warriors.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,185

Post#223 » by Impuniti » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:56 pm

Lebron annoys me with his personality but lets not get it twisted, I'd get him in a second.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#224 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:54 pm

cpower wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:
cpower wrote:again we should focus on three key things we need to improve:
rebounding, playmaking and shooting

does Beal help to improve any of that? No..so i will say pass.

Not saying the Warriors have a hope in hell of getting Beal, but you just said Beal doesn't help with shooting or playmaking ... ??

have you watched any Beal's game? he takes a lot of long 2s and he iso all the time. He would be bad for the ball movement we are doing here. Also beal is a bad defender

I'm not for Beal being a Warrior, but clearly the man can shoot, and has been able to setup teammates too.
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#225 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:15 pm

ahmetmekin wrote:
Sleepy51 wrote:Warrior fans:

This one alone outweighs Lebron's **** personality and fan base.
Lebron, come to Warriors.

Look how happy they look. I'm getting all the banana boat vibes thinking about it
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,253

Post#226 » by Onus » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:40 pm

Lebron is still a beast in the paint. He just has no spacing playing with centers all the time. He really needs AD to play center for Lebron to be his best at this point.
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#227 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:53 pm

LeBron would wet himself to have two best shooters in History next to him. His best shooting teammates were a washed up Ray Allen and JR Smith?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#228 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:53 pm

LeBron is a no for me but it would never happen anyway.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#229 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:25 pm

Onus wrote:Lebron is still a beast in the paint. He just has no spacing playing with centers all the time. He really needs AD to play center for Lebron to be his best at this point.

Can you imagine how happy he would be getting to coast on D through the regular season guarding opponents 3&D guys while Draymond deals with the paint?

Can you see the death lineup with Lebron in the high pick n roll and Draymond getting to collect the free money in the dunker spot?

I'm got a Harrison in my pants thinking about it
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,253

Post#230 » by Onus » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:32 pm

Sleepy51 wrote:
Onus wrote:Lebron is still a beast in the paint. He just has no spacing playing with centers all the time. He really needs AD to play center for Lebron to be his best at this point.

Can you imagine how happy he would be getting to coast on D through the regular season guarding opponents 3&D guys while Draymond deals with the paint?

Can you see the death lineup with Lebron in the high pick n roll and Draymond getting to collect the free money in the dunker spot?

I'm got a Harrison in my pants thinking about it

Lebron would be eating with Steph having to be doubled
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors

Post#231 » by Sleepy51 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:52 pm

I really can’t think of a better way to extend everyone involved’s championship window than to add a guy who can create and enforce ball movement even against intense playoff defense it would be Iguodala on steroids (literally) :D
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#232 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:03 pm

Wonder if Lebron's ego would even allow him to think like us. He might just want to run his Kingdom, as messed up as it is in LaLaLand.

If he wantss, he could make this happen in a heartbeat. With Dubbs having assets and salary padding, it can happen quick.
TB wrote:
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#233 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:55 pm

marthafokker wrote:Wonder if Lebron's ego would even allow him to think like us. He might just want to run his Kingdom, as messed up as it is in LaLaLand.

If he wantss, he could make this happen in a heartbeat. With Dubbs having assets and salary padding, it can happen quick.

He's made it clear he wants to be a team owner as soon as possible. He wants to play long enough to team up with his son somewhere. I don't think he's leaving LA.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#234 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:45 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
marthafokker wrote:Wonder if Lebron's ego would even allow him to think like us. He might just want to run his Kingdom, as messed up as it is in LaLaLand.

He's made it clear he wants to be a team owner as soon as possible. He wants to play long enough to team up with his son somewhere. I don't think he's leaving LA.

That doesn't make sense. How is leaving LA restrict him from playing with his son in 2024? Like you said... Somewhere... Wherever his son is drafted.

Besides, he will be run into the ground and body might not last until 2024 requiring him to be option 1 or 2 in LAL.

Just saying... If he came to Dubbs. He gets all the one on one with Curry getting all the attention on D. Klay is ready to snip if Bron needs help. Those two are major upgrades in scoring help. His body will get the rest, and will probably last a few extra seasons.

But if he stays in LAL, I will be happy to see a fringe playoff team. One less contender to worry about for next few seasons while Curry still has his wheels.
TB wrote:
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#235 » by HiRez » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:33 pm

With the Lakers flaming out, there's a good chance both Dennis Schröder and Andre Drummond will be available (both UFA). Neither had particularly good years and their value may be down right now. Any chance they come here on small 1-year contract? Drummond isn't the big we're dreaming of, but if for some reason Wiseman gets shipped out in a trade (which I'm not hoping for but is a possibility) he's at least a big body who can pull boards.
marthafokker
General Manager

Post#236 » by marthafokker » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:42 pm

I rather have Whiteside than Drummond.

He was someone Dubbs could have gotten cheap and help the team a little more, way better than Wanamaker. Score a little and able to blocks some shots. He could rebound too.
TB wrote:
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#237 » by Scoots1994 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:34 am

marthafokker wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

That doesn't make sense. How is leaving LA restrict him from playing with his son in 2024? Like you said... Somewhere... Wherever his son is drafted.

Besides, he will be run into the ground and body might not last until 2024 requiring him to be option 1 or 2 in LAL.

Just saying... If he came to Dubbs. He gets all the one on one with Curry getting all the attention on D. Klay is ready to snip if Bron needs help. Those two are major upgrades in scoring help. His body will get the rest, and will probably last a few extra seasons.

But if he stays in LAL, I will be happy to see a fringe playoff team. One less contender to worry about for next few seasons while Curry still has his wheels.

LeBron doesn't want to leave LA, he wants to OWN LA. And Kobe showed that even a rookie can decide where he wants to play..
wupuck
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#238 » by wupuck » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:32 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

LeBron doesn't want to leave LA, he wants to OWN LA. And Kobe showed that even a rookie can decide where he wants to play..

Plus Bronbron doesn't give a sh*t about anyone else except himself. he'd want to come in and own the locker room. Yeah... Pass.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,817

Post#239 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:25 am

[list=][/list]
Impuniti wrote:Lebron annoys me with his personality but lets not get it twisted, I'd get him in a second.

LeWarrior would be unstoppable with Curry and Klay.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
cdubbz
RealGM
And1: 2,817

Post#240 » by cdubbz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:28 am

Scoots1994 wrote:
marthafokker wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:

I don’t think that’s Lebrons thinking or goal IMO.

Only way you can truly ‘own’ LA is so what Shaq & Kobe and then solo Kobe did. Multiple championships and back to backs.

I do agree Lebron won’t leave LA. Weathers too good. Can’t see him wanting to leave his family either — can’t see bronny transferring to another HS junior or senior year.
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to Golden State Warriors