Official Trade Thread -- Part XL

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XL 

Post#1981 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 4, 2021 4:52 pm

Wow, Deni never had a chance. That's part Westbrook's fault, but it's really up to the coach and the GM to see what's happening out there, and do something about it. They shot themselves in the foot with player development. That was also part of the problem with how they used Troy Brown, Jr.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#1982 » by prime1time » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:38 pm

Rafael122 wrote:How about Marcus Smart? This solves a couple of things:

1. Defensive, combo guard who actually has height.
2. It decreases the likelihood of bringing back Neto and Ish. You offer the BAE to both of them, whoever accepts, is back.

The flip side, he's in the last year of his contract. The retort to that is that he's only 27, so there's still prime years left with him.

IDK how a trade like that would work. Off the top of my head, it would be something like Bertans and Hutch (Wiz pick up his option to make it work) for Smart and Thompson. It clears Boston from having to make a decision on Smart's contract, they get a legit three point shooter. For the Wizards, I listed a couple of reasons why Smart would work, and Thompson is really cap filler to make the trade work. You wouldn't have to sign Len or Lopez in this situation because you have your backup 5.

That leaves Bryant and the 15th pick. I would use those assets to get the three point shooting you just lost with Bertans.

Marcus Smart is a good move. I wonder how much he’ll cost. I also wonder how we would close out games. But definitely someone to kick the tires on.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1983 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:55 pm

I also wanna say that not just westbrook caring about his assist numbers but he wanted the kid to be more agressive because he saw something in him.
Ruzious wrote:Wow, Deni never had a chance. That's part Westbrook's fault, but it's really up to the coach and the GM to see what's happening out there, and do something about it. They shot themselves in the foot with player development. That was also part of the problem with how they used Troy Brown, Jr.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#1984 » by prime1time » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
Read on Twitter
?s=21
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#1985 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:28 pm

I'd only want Drummond here if he's filling the Alex Len, 3rd center role. He's a big body but he's not very good. Jerami Grant will cost a lot in a trade. Derozan is not a great fit, but he's a good player and maybe they could make it work? He and Russ wouldn't be able to play lots of minutes together but maybe they get a coach in here that can manage their court time the right way. He's probably a sign and trade - I don't think I'd trade a pick or Deni/Rui as part of the package though. Maybe Thomas Bryant is enough incentive.

I liked the Hayward idea but he's a huge injury risk and I wouldn't give up a lot for him.

Among MLE guys - maybe Tony Snell? Reggie Bullock or Alec Burks? One of those guys shouldn't cost more than the MLE.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1986 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:47 pm

9 and 20 wrote:I'd only want Drummond here if he's filling the Alex Len, 3rd center role. He's a big body but he's not very good. Jerami Grant will cost a lot in a trade. Derozan is not a great fit, but he's a good player and maybe they could make it work? He and Russ wouldn't be able to play lots of minutes together but maybe they get a coach in here that can manage their court time the right way. He's probably a sign and trade - I don't think I'd trade a pick or Deni/Rui as part of the package though. Maybe Thomas Bryant is enough incentive.

I liked the Hayward idea but he's a huge injury risk and I wouldn't give up a lot for him.

Among MLE guys - maybe Tony Snell? Reggie Bullock or Alec Burks? One of those guys shouldn't cost more than the MLE.

Burks is underrated - a very consistently good 3 point shooter who can play at the 2 or 3 and doesn't kill you in the other areas of the game. Bullock has the worst hairstyle in basketball. I'm not big on him or Snell.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,853

Post#1987 » by payitforward » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:07 pm

doclinkin wrote:Zero chance Tommy trades either of Brad/Russ....

10,000%T correct.

doclinkin wrote:...we are in win-now mode for the next couple years....

That is, the "win-nothing-much-now mode"

doclinkin wrote:...The question is what does the 15 pick and Avdija and/or Bryant get you?...

I don't know what it gets you, but I can tell you where it gets you. It gets you nowhere.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1988 » by Ruzious » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:11 pm

With Kuzma fallen out of favor in LA after signing a 3/40 extension, maybe there's an opportunity to sneak a pick from LAL and save a little money. Trade them Bertans for Kuzma and pick # 22. We save 3 mil a year, get an equivalent overall player, and get a useful pick. LA does it because Lebron is sick of seeing Kuzma and gets a knockdown shooter to pass to in his last chance to win.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#1989 » by nate33 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:53 pm

Ruzious wrote:With Kuzma fallen out of favor in LA after signing a 3/40 extension, maybe there's an opportunity to sneak a pick from LAL and save a little money. Trade them Bertans for Kuzma and pick # 22. We save 3 mil a year, get an equivalent overall player, and get a useful pick. LA does it because Lebron is sick of seeing Kuzma and gets a knockdown shooter to pass to in his last chance to win.

Came here to post the same thing. Bertans for Kuzma. I'd probably do it without the pick.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,763

Post#1990 » by Rafael122 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:58 pm

nate33 wrote:
Ruzious wrote:With Kuzma fallen out of favor in LA after signing a 3/40 extension, maybe there's an opportunity to sneak a pick from LAL and save a little money. Trade them Bertans for Kuzma and pick # 22. We save 3 mil a year, get an equivalent overall player, and get a useful pick. LA does it because Lebron is sick of seeing Kuzma and gets a knockdown shooter to pass to in his last chance to win.

Came here to post the same thing. Bertans for Kuzma. I'd probably do it without the pick.

It would have to be with the pick for me. Now is a good time to strike. Their GM missed on every single offseason move they made, so they are probably going to want to reload and see if they can get another ring before that championship window closes. Can they trade this years pick even with their '22 1st rounder going to the Pels?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#1991 » by nate33 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:59 pm

Return to Washington Wizards