RealGM
And1: 5,421

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1961 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:46 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Rastas wrote:Embiid for Dame

Sent from my SM-G998B using RealGM mobile app

It just wouldn't make sense for Portland.

Don't worry, Dame for Simmons will :wink:

Nah... Makes zero sense. I'd rather trade Lillard to the Knicks for RJ, prospects, and a bunch of picks. Simmons makes no sense for Portland. 25... no progression.... Max contract... I'm good. If Portland burns it down, Simmons isn't the player coming back... book it.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1962 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:50 am

Spoiler:

Make it work, Daryl. Probably need to add 2027 pick also.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1963 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:30 am

cool93 wrote:
Spoiler:

Has zero chance.
cool93
Analyst

Post#1964 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:01 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
cool93 wrote:
Spoiler:

Has zero chance.
I get why you won't like it. No guarantee that Blazers FO don't see Ben as a centerpiece of a package for Dame if he is shopped.

Sent from my G3416 using RealGM mobile app
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1965 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:06 am

cool93 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
cool93 wrote:
Spoiler:

Has zero chance.
I get why you won't like it. No guarantee that Blazers FO don't see Ben as a centerpiece of a package for Dame if he is shopped.

Sure... It would make zero sense from Portland's point of view.. but anything is possible. Lillard also has zero leverage in getting moved... So there's that as well. I just don't think Lillard to Philly makes sense for Portland. Philly doesn't have the type of assets Portland would be looking for.
cool93
Analyst

Post#1966 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:07 am

Roy The Natural wrote:
cool93 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
Has zero chance.

Sure... It would make zero sense from Portland's point of view.. but anything is possible. Lillard also has zero leverage in getting moved... So there's that as well. I just don't think Lillard to Philly makes sense for Portland. Philly doesn't have the type of assets Portland would be looking for.
I think Lillard has all the leverage at this point. If he asks for the trade and Portland says no, it would be PR disaster for them as literally everyone, every fanbase in the league would take Dame's side.

I hope he stays in Portland and they somehow get him legit help though, it would be a great story.

Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1967 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:30 am

cool93 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
cool93 wrote:I get why you won't like it. No guarantee that Blazers FO don't see Ben as a centerpiece of a package for Dame if he is shopped.

I think Lillard has all the leverage at this point. If he asks for the trade and Portland says no, it would be PR disaster for them as literally everyone, every fanbase in the league would take Dame's side.

I hope he stays in Portland and they somehow get him legit help though, it would be a great story.

That's not leverage. That's pressure. It may put pressure on them, but it doesn't necessitate anything. Dame has no leverage. He's on a long contract with many years left in it. Just because he wants out, that doesn't force the Blazers to send him wherever for whatever. He can't come up with a list of teams that he will and won't play for and talk about not resigning there. He's got no leverage. They've got to do what's right for the franchise. Which is use Dame to rebuild for the future.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#1968 » by Sportfan73 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:30 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
cool93 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:

That's not leverage. That's pressure. It may put pressure on them, but it doesn't necessitate anything. Dame has no leverage. He's on a long contract with many years left in it. Just because he wants out, that doesn't force the Blazers to send him wherever for whatever. He can't come up with a list of teams that he will and won't play for and talk about not resigning there. He's got no leverage. They've got to do what's right for the franchise. Which is use Dame to rebuild for the future.

“Pressure” is what netted the Nets a completely horrible return for Harden and Dame would have way more of it than he did
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1969 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:38 pm

Sportfan73 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
cool93 wrote:I think Lillard has all the leverage at this point. If he asks for the trade and Portland says no, it would be PR disaster for them as literally everyone, every fanbase in the league would take Dame's side.

“Pressure” is what netted the Nets a completely horrible return for Harden and Dame would have way more of it than he did

No, pressure plus a short contract did that.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,700

Post#1970 » by the_process » Fri Jun 4, 2021 5:34 pm

Portland won't be looking to tank IMO.

Listen, hating on Ben is my jam. That being said, the idea that he has no value and that he won't be one of best pieces on the table if Lillard asks out is silly.
cool93
Analyst

Post#1971 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:12 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
It just wouldn't make sense for Portland.

Don't worry, Dame for Simmons will :wink:

Nah... Makes zero sense. I'd rather trade Lillard to the Knicks for RJ, prospects, and a bunch of picks. Simmons makes no sense for Portland. 25... no progression.... Max contract... I'm good. If Portland burns it down, Simmons isn't the player coming back... book it.

What do you think about this one?

Spoiler:
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1972 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:52 pm

the_process wrote:Portland won't be looking to tank IMO.

Listen, hating on Ben is my jam. That being said, the idea that he has no value and that he won't be one of best pieces on the table if Lillard asks out is silly.

I'm not saying he "has no value"... I'm saying, he holds no value as a piece returning to a tanking Portland. The only point of getting Ben Simmons back in a trade with Philly would be to then trade him again a short while later. Ben Simmons has value, his value to Portland would be in going to a 3rd team to bring back more appropriate pieces for a team that is beginning a rebuild.

I also don't think that Ben Simmons would be a guy that is going to increase his value on a bad team. I don't think his offensive game is built to scale up and his defense will likely wane when on a team that stinks. Ben Simmons looks like a guy who would only decrease his value in the bad situation that Portland would be in after blowing it up. For that reason, I believe he holds no value as a core piece in Portland going forward. His value is what he's worth in a 3-team trade. Would have to find a 3rd team that has interesting prospects and picks that could be routed to Portland.
ENYK
Junior
And1: 254

Post#1973 » by ENYK » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:14 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:

I'm not saying he "has no value"... I'm saying, he holds no value as a piece returning to a tanking Portland. The only point of getting Ben Simmons back in a trade with Philly would be to then trade him again a short while later. Ben Simmons has value, his value to Portland would be in going to a 3rd team to bring back more appropriate pieces for a team that is beginning a rebuild.

I also don't think that Ben Simmons would be a guy that is going to increase his value on a bad team. I don't think his offensive game is built to scale up and his defense will likely wane when on a team that stinks. Ben Simmons looks like a guy who would only decrease his value in the bad situation that Portland would be in after blowing it up. For that reason, I believe he holds no value as a core piece in Portland going forward. His value is what he's worth in a 3-team trade. Would have to find a 3rd team that has interesting prospects and picks that could be routed to Portland.

Knicks fan here... I actually think some sort of Simmons-Lillard Swap works perfectly for both teams.

If Embiid is healthy, Lillard makes Philly an almost neck and neck rival with Brooklyn to get out of the East next season. The most dominant big of this generation paired with the best shooting PG in NBA history after Steph Curry... It's really a perfect fit. Embiid is youngish but his injury history means the window is closing and they should really swing for the fences in a trade that can get Philly at least one title with him.

And Portland is a small market team. I doubt they try to blow it up, they just want to consistently be a playoff team as they have been for most of the past two decades. Nothing the Knicks can offer will lead to that. Ben Simmons with CJ gets them there. Maybe surround them with a few more shooters. Simmons and CJ is a arguably a better pairing than CJ and Dame. They compensate for each other's weaknesses. It just seems like Simmons is in a rut in Philly, he'll never be what they need if the team is built around Embiid.
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1974 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:20 pm

ENYK wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:

Knicks fan here... I actually think some sort of Simmons-Lillard Swap works perfectly for both teams.

If Embiid is healthy, Lillard makes Philly an almost neck and neck rival with Brooklyn to get out of the East next season. The most dominant big of this generation paired with the best shooting PG in NBA history after Steph Curry... It's really a perfect fit. Embiid is youngish but his injury history means the window is closing and they should really swing for the fences in a trade that can get Philly at least one title with him.

And Portland is a small market team. I doubt they try to blow it up, they just want to consistently be a playoff team as they have been for most of the past two decades. Nothing the Knicks can offer will lead to that. Ben Simmons with CJ gets them there. Maybe surround them with a few more shooters. Simmons and CJ is a arguably a better pairing than CJ and Dame. They compensate for each other's weaknesses. It just seems like Simmons is in a rut in Philly, he'll never be what they need if the team is built around Embiid.

Portland has blown it up before. Without Lillard, I believe that would be their direction.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,732

Post#1975 » by Negrodamus » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:51 pm

I think Portland would be looking to trade for Ben to pair with Lillard. However, I think the Sixers would be looking to absolutely fleece Portland in that type of trade.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,181

Post#1976 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:57 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I think Portland would be looking to trade for Ben to pair with Lillard. However, I think the Sixers would be looking to absolutely fleece Portland in that type of trade.

CJ + Covington + 3 picks minimum. CJ is a neutral asset at best.

For the record, I wouldn’t do it. Ideally it’s Simmons + Curry + 2 FRPs + 2 FRP swaps for Lillard + Little.

Lillard(34)/Maxey(14)
Green(8)/Hill(20)/Milton(14)/Maxey(6)
Thybulle(28)/Green(20)
Harris(34)/Little(14)
Embiid(32)/Howard(16)

Lillard/Maxey/SRP
Geeen/Hill/Milton
Thybulle/Joe/FA
Harris/Little/FA
Embiid/Howard/Reed
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1977 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:01 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I think Portland would be looking to trade for Ben to pair with Lillard. However, I think the Sixers would be looking to absolutely fleece Portland in that type of trade.

My thought was CJ+Covington+picks with Nurk going to a 3rd team like Boston for some more assets. I was told the gap couldn't be bridged though.

But I feel like in a vacuum Covington+CJ+Nurk+picks has to be in the vicinity of Ben Simmons value wise. It just sort of depends on what Nurk can bring in IMO.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,181

Post#1978 » by ProcessDoctor » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:51 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

My thought was CJ+Covington+picks with Nurk going to a 3rd team like Boston for some more assets. I was told the gap couldn't be bridged though.

But I feel like in a vacuum Covington+CJ+Nurk+picks has to be in the vicinity of Ben Simmons value wise. It just sort of depends on what Nurk can bring in IMO.

Just a theoretical, but in reality, I can’t see Morey taking that deal. It would be Lillard or bust. Maybe you feel the same way, but it all depends on what Dame and the Portland FO see.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
cool93
Analyst

Post#1979 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:53 pm

Yeah, I think Morey, of all people, would only trade Simmons in a package for a superstar, not the other way around
Roy The Natural
RealGM

Post#1980 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:03 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:

Just a theoretical, but in reality, I can’t see Morey taking that deal. It would be Lillard or bust. Maybe you feel the same way, but it all depends on what Dame and the Portland FO see.

Technically it depends on what both front offices see. It's not like the onus is only on the Blazers here. Neither Simmons nor Lillard have any leverage given their contracts.

Yea... I get that. I think there's a major impasse here. I don't think the Blazers would entertain Simmons and marginal stuff for Lillard. And I don't think that the 76ers would entertain CJ and marginal stuff for Simmons.

I don't really think guys like Maxey, Milton, and Thybulle are gonna get you over that bridge. I think a 3rd team would need to be involved, a 3rd team that's giving Portland a high upside, progressing rookie contract player.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers