ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Re: 2020-21 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread V2 

Post#441 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:29 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:i just hope Lowry gives us the chance to sign and trade him. dude can just bolt.

But if he wants salary from a contender, then he has to work with us. Lowry doesn't care if Lakers or Clippers lose a draft pick and some overpaid scrub to bring him in.

Contenders are generally in the tax, and can only pay up to the taxpayer MLE, which is half the regular MLE.

OTOH, Heat (and Knicks) have cap space to sign Kyle outright. But (a) are they contenders? and (b) is a guy who'll be 36 next playoffs how they want to spend their cap space?

Lowry might be the most effective free agent next year who will give you instant impact, outside of KLaw.

if Klaw resigns, Lowry is effectively one of the most attractive free agents for 2 years. Heat and Knicks might want to spend taht much on a veteran guard to lead their young guys, i.e. Knicks/Heat

Lowry might choose money and play for the Heat. they have everything Klow can ask for, a big man, a elite wing player and full compliment of shooters.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#442 » by Ell Curry » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:29 pm

I didn't realize Maxey's first step was so good. I wonder if Powell for Maxey was possible. Seems like it might have been a higher upside play than getting Trent, and we'd have had cap space in 2022 if we only sign Lowry for one giant year or he leaves (sign and trade or not).
Where's the D?
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Post#443 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:27 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:if Klaw resigns, Lowry is effectively one of the most attractive free agents for 2 years. Heat and Knicks might want to spend taht much on a veteran guard to lead their young guys, i.e. Knicks/Heat

Lowry might choose money and play for the Heat. they have everything Klow can ask for, a big man, a elite wing player and full compliment of shooters.

I am not 100% sure that the Heat are the primary threat to chase Lowry.

Assuming they walk away from Dragic, Iggy, and Yurtseven they have 78m in committed salary for 5 players (Butler, Bam, Herro, Achiuwa, and Okpala) and the 5m left from the Andersen buy out

Then assuming you waive every cap hold you have except for Nunn and Robinson you are now at 87m for 7 players as you can deal with Nunn and Robinson after you spend your cap space, but assuming a 112m cap for next season the Heat have around 25m-ish in space.

Even if Lowry settles for 20m they have 5m plus any exemptions they may have to address 7 roster spots;
Its workable but a little complicated.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
RapsFanInOhio
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,965

Post#444 » by RapsFanInOhio » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:09 pm

I don’t think it’s possible because I don’t think there’s any chance Portland moves him, but if Lillard is truly available we can make a really competitive offer. Siakam or FVV have to be attractive pieces to them (or both, but that feels like too much). We also have basically all of our picks that we can offer. Man. I think if you somehow get Lillard then Lowry’s a shoe-in to return and if you add in OG, Flynn, Harris, Boucher.. I think you obviously really have something there.

Portland is going to have the most interesting off-season of any team. Stotts is gone. McCollum is probably gone (or Lillard but again, not likely). They have a looming decision with Powell. And Melo. What the heck is going on with Zach Collins? And now, Nurk seems like he wants out. That’s going to be a fascinating situation to watch play out, and I would love to get in on that as they have some pieces that could fit well with our roster.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#445 » by Spida888 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:16 am

RapsFanInOhio wrote:I don’t think it’s possible because I don’t think there’s any chance Portland moves him, but if Lillard is truly available we can make a really competitive offer. Siakam or FVV have to be attractive pieces to them (or both, but that feels like too much). We also have basically all of our picks that we can offer. Man. I think if you somehow get Lillard then Lowry’s a shoe-in to return and if you add in OG, Flynn, Harris, Boucher.. I think you obviously really have something there.

Portland is going to have the most interesting off-season of any team. Stotts is gone. McCollum is probably gone (or Lillard but again, not likely). They have a looming decision with Powell. And Melo. What the heck is going on with Zach Collins? And now, Nurk seems like he wants out. That’s going to be a fascinating situation to watch play out, and I would love to get in on that as they have some pieces that could fit well with our roster.

Yeah it could be an interesting off season for them. I agree Dame is unlikely to be moved, he's pretty much the identity of that franchise and they got time to trade him down the road if a further retool doesn't work.

My guess is they try to keep Powell at 18-20M to play the 2, and trade McCollum for a wing/big that can defend. Nurk is pretty important to them, so they may try to keep him. Collins is way too injury prone, they need a more reliable bench big.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,224

Post#446 » by Raptorfan2012 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:14 am

If we end up drafting a big like Mobley, Segun, or Kai Jones etc, what are your thoughts on getting Dinwiddie to be our new wing? Spencer can handle the ball with Fred, and there have been rumours Raptors have been interested in him before.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#447 » by Rapsfan07 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:53 am

DangerZone13 wrote:
Rapsfan07 wrote:
If there's a S&T to be done, I prefer it to be done around Ball and Vanvleet. Vanvleet is young, a great shooter and exactly what that team needs.

Vanvleet for Ball, Bledsoe and one or two picks is good for everyone. We get younger and pick up some rebuilding pieces for the future.

In that scenario, I don't think you're accounting for Ball's new contract. We'll say he gets what, $16-17M? Without Bledsoe in, does NO give up a pick?

Without Bledsoe in, I still have FVV as more valuable than Ball so yeah I'm saying we need a pick to make that deal work.

But you're right - I wasn't accounting for Ball's new deal. If Ball gets $16M then you add Bledsoe, that's about $32M.

Toronto just needs to guarantee Baynes and send him out with FVV to make the deal work. Then NOLA needs to add another high value pick for us eating Bledsoe's deal. Baynes is overpaid at a guaranteed $7M but NOLA isn't going to acquire a better player than FVV. Plus they're dumping 2 years of Bledsoe? I'd say it's more than fair.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#448 » by h4rrison » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:55 pm

Is there anyway we can get Nurkic? He can fill our void at center.
Salted Meat
Starter
And1: 1,572

Post#449 » by Salted Meat » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:41 pm

With the talk about Porzingis underperforming in the playoffs this year, is there any chance we might be able to buy low in him?

He's a 20/9 guy who has taken a step back and been relegated to, according to his own words, a floor-spacer for Luka, but he's still only 25 years old and could thrive again if given a bigger role.

His contract is huge though. He's guaranteed for 2 more years, and has a player option in 2023 for $36M.

Luka runs the point, but Dallas could really use a traditional PG who can run the team and make life easier for him.

S&T Lowry for Porzingis?
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#450 » by agkagk » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:55 pm

Salted Meat wrote:With the talk about Porzingis underperforming in the playoffs this year, is there any chance we might be able to buy low in him?

He's a 20/9 guy who has taken a step back and been relegated to, according to his own words, a floor-spacer for Luka, but he's still only 25 years old and could thrive again if given a bigger role.

His contract is huge though. He's guaranteed for 2 more years, and has a player option in 2023 for $36M.

Luka runs the point, but Dallas could really use a traditional PG who can run the team and make life easier for him.

S&T Lowry for Porzingis?

We need more bargnani!
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,547

Post#451 » by Psubs » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:00 am

Raptorfan2012 wrote:If we end up drafting a big like Mobley, Segun, or Kai Jones etc, what are your thoughts on getting Dinwiddie to be our new wing? Spencer can handle the ball with Fred, and there have been rumours Raptors have been interested in him before.

After major injury, I'd rather let Jalen Harris get more PT behind Trent Jr.. I think he could be more efficient and easily a better 3pt shooter than Dinwiddie.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#452 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:04 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:if Klaw resigns, Lowry is effectively one of the most attractive free agents for 2 years. Heat and Knicks might want to spend taht much on a veteran guard to lead their young guys, i.e. Knicks/Heat

Assuming they walk away from Dragic, Iggy, and Yurtseven they have 78m in committed salary for 5 players (Butler, Bam, Herro, Achiuwa, and Okpala) and the 5m left from the Andersen buy out

Then assuming you waive every cap hold you have except for Nunn and Robinson you are now at 87m for 7 players as you can deal with Nunn and Robinson after you spend your cap space, but assuming a 112m cap for next season the Heat have around 25m-ish in space.

Even if Lowry settles for 20m they have 5m plus any exemptions they may have to address 7 roster spots;

If Nunn and Robinson sign quick RFA offer sheets, which is possible, then there is no after you spend your cap space. Miami likely loses at least one of those two.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#453 » by Ell Curry » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:08 am

h4rrison wrote:Is there anyway we can get Nurkic? He can fill our void at center.

If Lillard goes, maybe we get him for cheap, yeah. One year left on his deal.
Where's the D?
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#454 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:23 am

Morris_Shatford wrote:

yeah any trade with miami or philly will most likely be S&T. I can easily see the Mavs going after Lowry with their capspace. Gives Luka a break in playmaking, 3 point shooting, veteran leadership.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM

Post#455 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:26 am

Salted Meat wrote:With the talk about Porzingis underperforming in the playoffs this year, is there any chance we might be able to buy low in him?

S&T Lowry for Porzingis?

I don't want Porzingis on this team, but maybe a three way trade with McCollum coming here?
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM

Post#456 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:34 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
Morris_Shatford wrote:

If Nunn and Robinson sign quick RFA offer sheets, which is possible, then there is no after you spend your cap space. Miami likely loses at least one of those two.

its in Miami's best interest to do a quick S&T maybe by doing a backroom deal with the agents. Riley is familiar with that kind of shady behavior. That way they can keep Oladipo, their RFA. If they have to start renouncing players, then they sacrifice their depth.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,661

Post#457 » by hyper316 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:45 am

Lowry's S&T value is going up higher and higher.

I think Sixers needs Lowry the most.

Give me Maxey, Reed, Green, 2 FRP and call it a day
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,830

Post#458 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:24 am

hyper316 wrote:Lowry's S&T value is going up higher and higher.

Click. When was the last S+T where there was such a bounty? If Lowry were to sign with Cuban + Luka I could see us getting Porz and a pick.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,661

Post#459 » by hyper316 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:41 am

OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Click. When was the last S+T where there was such a bounty? If Lowry were to sign with Cuban + Luka I could see us getting Porz and a pick.

Suns traded Kelly Oubre, Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Paul and Abdel Nader.

Oubre and Rubio each probably worth 1 FRP

Sixers will be desperate since they are over cap and cannot sign Lowry as FA
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,320

Post#460 » by douggood » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:49 am

hyper316 wrote:
OAKLEY_2 wrote:

Suns traded Kelly Oubre, Ricky Rubio, Ty Jerome, Jalen Lecque and a 2022 first-round pick to the Oklahoma City Thunder in exchange for Paul and Abdel Nader.

Oubre and Rubio each probably worth 1 FRP

Sixers will be desperate since they are over cap and cannot sign Lowry as FA

Cp3 trade wasn't a s&t.

Return to Toronto Raptors