ImageImageImageImageImage

New York Yankees Thread

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Re: New York Yankees Thread 

Post#1881 » by Jump Shot » Mon May 31, 2021 5:53 am

GEOLINK wrote:What a awful night of sports.

Everyday is Groundhog Day for New York sports.

Trash teams.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,959

Post#1882 » by knicks94 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:00 am

A fish rots from the head down!
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,037

Post#1883 » by blueNorange » Mon May 31, 2021 5:11 pm

i'm sure by now y'all know about that incident last week at yankee stadium with a maga group revealing a huge "trump won" banner, they eventually got booed out of the building.

these same losers went to citifield on saturday and did the same thing.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#1884 » by GEOLINK » Mon May 31, 2021 6:16 pm

Rays just casually kicking our asses, good God.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,228

Post#1885 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 pm

GEOLINK wrote:Rays just casually kicking our asses, good God.

Well, they let Detroit kick their d*cks in, so not surprising.

This team just doesn't have it.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1886 » by blue and orange » Mon May 31, 2021 10:49 pm

I have decided to root against the Yankees now because I want that analytics team blown the hell up. I never thought I would ever come to that decision as I have rooted against the Knicks for lottery odds and Giants for draft position and to get coaches like Mcadoo and Shurmur fired, I want Boone and Cashman out, it sucks because you have Cole in his prime and the pitching is as good as it has been since 2009 could argue its even better, granted the ball is deadened and when the pitching is subpar you dont even think of it because the lineup is that bad.

This genius analytics team has as only one true outfielder who is old as dirt, no 1B (DJ has to play that position). You care so much about getting guys days off yeah lets tie up the DH spot, trade away your most versatile outfielder for another reliever. I said this since last year the approach doesn't change the results remain the same as a matter of fact you get worse. Last year the Yankees were 17-3 against the Redsox and Orioles. DJ batted .364 and Voit had a career year. This year Voit is injured, DJ batting a low .260 (for DJ). Judge and Gleyber are doing ok , Andujar is actually doing well (yeah lets bench him and play Sanchez).
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,010

Post#1887 » by blue and orange » Mon May 31, 2021 10:50 pm

Jump Shot wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:What a awful night of sports.

Everyday is Groundhog Day for New York sports.

Trash teams.

Still to this day while Boston sports keep winning, Yankees are the most embarrassing out of all of them.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1888 » by GEOLINK » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:17 pm

Read on Twitter
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#1889 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:43 am

Fire Aaron Boone now!
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1890 » by GEOLINK » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:29 am

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Fire Aaron Boone now!

Firing Boone won’t do anything.

The fish rots from the head down.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM

Post#1891 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:35 am

GEOLINK wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Fire Aaron Boone now!

Firing Boone won’t do anything.

The fish rots from the head down.

You have to start somewhere. Cashman should follow but I doubt that ever happens.
Jump Shot
Analyst
And1: 971

Post#1892 » by Jump Shot » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:57 am

Trashman needs to go, need new owners too. Boone is booty.

Tough times.

Also, baseball is boring.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,103

Post#1893 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:10 am

You guys are joking.

We’re under the lux tax, and earning gobs of money. We might even be in contention for a wild card!!!

Gotta get rid of the Steinbrenner’s. He’s acting like he’s the owner of Rays.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,711

Post#1894 » by ccvle » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:26 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:You guys are joking.

We’re under the lux tax, and earning gobs of money. We might even be in contention for a wild card!!!

I have no idea the rays have a +200m payroll.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1895 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:35 pm

ccvle wrote:

And I’m sure the Steinbrenners are working on that problem. Profit first, playoffs second. That’s all you need.

Looks to me like you’d like the Steinbrenners to stay under the lux tax too. As a fan, I don’t give a shyt. Do all the analytics stuff. Pay the analytics people the best salary in baseball. Get the diamonds in the rough. But when the time comes, shell out the cash when needed.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#1896 » by ccvle » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:36 am

KnicksGadfly wrote:
ccvle wrote:

And I’m sure the Steinbrenners are working on that problem. Profit first, playoffs second. That’s all you need.

Looks to me like you’d like the Steinbrenners to stay under the lux tax too. As a fan, I don’t give a shyt. Do all the analytics stuff. Pay the analytics people the best salary in baseball. Get the diamonds in the rough. But when the time comes, shell out the cash when needed.

And what do you call the Cole signing. The stanton trade. No team has two players with +300 millions contact. No other team. If the Yankees signs Evey single player that the fans what them to sign. They would be over $500m in annual salary.

I personally don't care about the luxury tax but at the same time I don't believe in big contracts. Fact is most players don't live up to the money and year. This team sucked and is not because they are cheap.
The problem with this Yankees is not something you can solve with one or two players signing. Even Boston found it hard to justify giving mookie betts his contract. And let's see if lindor is going to worth his.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM

Post#1897 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:06 pm

ccvle wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
ccvle wrote:

And what do you call the Cole signing. The stanton trade. No team has two players with +300 millions contact. No other team. If the Yankees signs Evey single player that the fans what them to sign. They would be over $500m in annual salary.

I personally don't care about the luxury tax but at the same time I don't believe in big contracts. Fact is most players don't live up to the money and year. This team sucked and is not because they are cheap.
The problem with this Yankees is not something you can solve with one or two players signing. Even Boston found it hard to justify giving mookie betts his contract. And let's see if lindor is going to worth his.

What Boston did was shameful. Boston couldn’t justify the Betts contract but I bet his new team doesn’t regret it all. And why is Boston our benchmark? The team that traded for Betts and paid his ass also has a ring. They want more rings.

Let’s not straw man this by making up an imaginary number like 500 mill. Not sure any Yankees fan here has brought that number up, considering you’ve acknowledged 200 mill. If we’re going to talking about lux tax, let’s actually set reasonable numbers and goals.

I want the Yankees to be able to try and match the Dodgers or pay the lux tax.
I want the Yankees to be willing to pay the lux tax if the cost is money and not a pick.
I want the Yankees to be willing to pay the lux tax, for example, if they’re looking for a 4th outfielder and the alternative is an old Brett Gardner. I heard a dumb poster say how else are you going to get a 4th outfielder for 4 mill? Well, why was 4 mill the standard? Why do you care so much about hurting the billionaire’s profit a little bit in pursuit of winning?

The fact is, that lux tax is a bs excuse. The Yankees are a bigger market and take in more. They have the cash to hold themselves to higher financial standards AND pursue championship dynasties. Not just playoffs, not just moral regular season victories or a chance at the playoffs. Championships, which were our brand about a decade or two ago. Yea, if you compare the Yankees to the Pirates, then yea, fine, Yankees are doing well. But I don’t give an eff about those small market teams.

If this were the NBA salary cap situation, I’d understand. Going over the cap hurts a lot. But in this situation? Nah, eff that. If he can’t do it, sell the team.
ccvle
Head Coach

Post#1898 » by ccvle » Mon Jun 7, 2021 2:39 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
ccvle wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:

What Boston did was shameful. Boston couldn’t justify the Betts contract but I bet his new team doesn’t regret it all. And why is Boston our benchmark? The team that traded for Betts and paid his ass also has a ring. They want more rings.

Let’s not straw man this by making up an imaginary number like 500 mill. Not sure any Yankees fan here has brought that number up, considering you’ve acknowledged 200 mill. If we’re going to talking about lux tax, let’s actually set reasonable numbers and goals.

I want the Yankees to be able to try and match the Dodgers or pay the lux tax.
I want the Yankees to be willing to pay the lux tax if the cost is money and not a pick.
I want the Yankees to be willing to pay the lux tax, for example, if they’re looking for a 4th outfielder and the alternative is an old Brett Gardner. I heard a dumb poster say how else are you going to get a 4th outfielder for 4 mill? Well, why was 4 mill the standard? Why do you care so much about hurting the billionaire’s profit a little bit in pursuit of winning?

The fact is, that lux tax is a bs excuse. The Yankees are a bigger market and take in more. They have the cash to hold themselves to higher financial standards AND pursue championship dynasties. Not just playoffs, not just moral regular season victories or a chance at the playoffs. Championships, which were our brand about a decade or two ago. Yea, if you compare the Yankees to the Pirates, then yea, fine, Yankees are doing well. But I don’t give an eff about those small market teams.

If this were the NBA salary cap situation, I’d understand. Going over the cap hurts a lot. But in this situation? Nah, eff that. If he can’t do it, sell the team.

If you want to call me out as dumb then call me out. There is no other poster here that posted about paying over 4 millions for a 4th outfielder except for me. And yes, I think it is dumb to pay 8 to 10 millions for a 4th outfielders. Go find me a team that fking pays 8 to 10 million with the intent of using that player as a 4th outfielder. That is the standard. No team does that. No outfielders that is 8-10 millions or over is going to want to be a fourth outfielder. And no I don't care about how much the Steinbrenners make or losses, but you are delusional if you want to ignore the fact that a dollar spent on a fourth outfielder is a dollar less available elsewhere. That's how the Yankees operate and that's how most teams operate.

And who do you exactly wanted the Yankees to sign as the fourth fielder ? Are you telling me that you really wish the Yankees had gotten the likes of Robbie Grossman, Eddie Rosario, Joc Pederson? Tell me who you wanted.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,037

Post#1899 » by blueNorange » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:53 pm

seems to me that knicksgadlfy only likes the yankees when they're good and not when they're just an above .500 team.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM

Post#1900 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:41 pm

Cashman has sucked at addressing the needs of this team, balanced hitting and pitching apart from Cole. His time is up, sweep him and Boone out the door.

Return to New York Knicks