ImageImageImageImageImage

ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Re: ROUND 1, GAME 6: Clippers @ Mavs Friday 9:00PM PDT 

Post#241 » by clipperlover » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:16 am

I think it was just criminal of the coaching staff, not to recognize Kawhi needed just 1 PT for a career playoff high. He could have taken some of the foul shots at the end.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#242 » by NickP » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:20 am

clipperlover wrote:I think it was just criminal of the coaching staff, not to recognize Kawhi needed just 1 PT for a career playoff high. He could have taken some of the foul shots at the end.

He may get that career high next game.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#243 » by NickP » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:23 am

If we can control our turnovers and hit some open 3s we should be able to get this done. Guys like Morris have to step up and take the pressure off Kawhi and PG.
Let's close this out.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#244 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:28 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:down one in the 4th and "fans" shi*iting all over our own team

this board needs a serious rethinking, mods

ADD: Clips now up by 3

make that 5
You're not wrong haha

so nice to see you here again bro
yes, the bad drives out the good
you have been missed

one of the best games in Clippers history!!
are we having fun yet??

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#245 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:29 am

I want Paul George to drop 50 so bad
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#246 » by NickP » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:31 am

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

make that 5
You're not wrong haha

you have been missed

are we having fun yet??

And you've been one of the guys here to stay positive. I hope we can bring more of this energy in game 7.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#247 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:31 am

Kelphus wrote:The game threads suck. I don’t read them. Why bother, the histrionic one liners about anybody and everybody. How about some rational talk of what worked and what didn’t . I dont post during game, there is no point. Nor do I read the ridiculous emotionalism.. I wait until game is over. Like now. Then I read the thread and shake my head.

Great win. That was the Kawhi we waited for. Kudos to Reggies play in first half.

Now lets win game 7... and stop all the “I hope we lose” crap!

That's kind of what game threads are - an emotional stream of consciousness. And when the Clippers have let us down so many times in the playoffs, and when they looked so bad for most of an elimination game, there's going to be some negativity.

Here's hoping this game is where it all finally starts clicking into place for this team.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#248 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:32 am

esqtvd wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:

make that 5
You're not wrong haha

you have been missed

are we having fun yet??

A lot of it is I live in NC and don't have league pass, so only get to watch whatever games are on national TV throughout the year. So not quite as engaged as now.

I understand being negative at times, but there are some Debbie downers on here who I feel like would prefer the team lose just so they can tell us they were right lol

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#249 » by NickP » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:32 am

TheNewEra wrote:I want Paul George to drop 50 so bad

You know it's coming. But more than that I want Morris Sr to have a good game. If he steps up Dallas doesn't stand a chance.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#250 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:33 am

Same. I'm a Paul George fan. I hope he comes out Sunday and can't miss. It'd be good for him too. Get the fans and median off his back for a bit.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#251 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:33 am

playaloc916 wrote:There was that stretch late in the game where they were turning it over and just not in a good rhythm... the teams were basically trading misses. Why didn't they have Rondo in that during that stretch? I think he could've manufactured something and the game wouldn't been so close.

I feel like if they can just get past the Mavs, the team can play a little more freely. To me, Luka has probably been the best player in the entire playoffs. The way he single handedly controls a game is just so hard to stop. The Mavs rely heavily on him, but when he's able to do the things he does, any team would do the same.

Guess they didn’t want to risk messing up defensively without Reggies shooting
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#252 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:34 am

NickP wrote:

You know it's coming. But more than that I want Morris Sr to have a good game. If he steps up Dallas doesn't stand a chance.

Mook was killing me this game. I know he’s trying on defense and it’s bad luck on shots but man he has to give up something in the basket
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,745

Post#253 » by madmaxmedia » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:50 am

I think we will prevail in Game 7 but my opinion has been pretty worthless this series.

These crunch time turnovers the last few games have been absolutely nerve wracking to watch. We invented a new one tonight with that inbounds pass. These games are so stressful to watch LOL.

I think Morris’s cold shooting has necessitated starting RJ for some scoring, fortunately RJ has come through and had some good games. I don’t care where it comes from, it would be nice if tomorrow night if we shot our team season average from 3.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#254 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:50 am

Kelphus wrote:The game threads suck. I don’t read them. Why bother, the histrionic one liners about anybody and everybody. How about some rational talk of what worked and what didn’t . I dont post during game, there is no point. Nor do I read the ridiculous emotionalism.. I wait until game is over. Like now. Then I read the thread and shake my head.

Great win. That was the Kawhi we waited for. Kudos to Reggies play in first half.

I’m the same way- I also don’t watch games live. I watch on about an hour delay- I cannot stand watching a game in real times way too many stoppages in play
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#255 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:51 am

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#256 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:54 am

clipperlover wrote:I think it was just criminal of the coaching staff, not to recognize Kawhi needed just 1 PT for a career playoff high. He could have taken some of the foul shots at the end.

Kawhi hates scoring. He only does it when his team needs it. That would mean nothing to him.

It actually makes him angry when he has to bust his ass and score 40 so we can win. It makes him angry when he has to score 30. He'd like PG to average 30 and Marcus or someone else to average 20 and then fill in the rest as needed. Defense, rebounds, assists.

That's why he joined the Clippers in the first place. Championship coach in Doc, a low-paid playoff roster, richest and most fanatical owner in sports, getting a fellow superstar to take all the heat...

Y'all need to know what makes Kawhi tick. He's resentful he had to go out there and win Game 6 and stave off elimination pretty much ALL BY HIMSELF. With still another 13 wins to go to win the title...?

At almost age 30 on a gimpy knee?

Kawhi was amazing tonight. But he is not a Kobe. This is not what he signed up for.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Post#257 » by LamarWho » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:56 am

Surprised to see Luke Kennard played 10 minutes in an elimination game. Apparently Rondo's minutes been slashed to half tonight, wonder if that's gonna continue Sunday.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#258 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:06 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

I’m the same way- I also don’t watch games live. I watch on about an hour delay- I cannot stand watching a game in real times way too many stoppages in play

lol

I end up coming home late and catching up right after halftime when I join the game thread

and am always so happy I missed the douchebaggery on the first half

we won 47 games ffs and unless we led wire to wire the first-half game thread was shi*it :lol:

we won tonight BTW
you'd never know it from the game thread

:rofl2:
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 727

Post#259 » by Captain Ballmer » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:09 am

Kawhi made me get hyped again. I hope others on the team as well because they can't play suck like that again. Here is the hype embrace and make shots!!
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,427

Post#260 » by TrueLAfan » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:10 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

That's kind of what game threads are - an emotional stream of consciousness. And when the Clippers have let us down so many times in the playoffs, and when they looked so bad for most of an elimination game, there's going to be some negativity.

Here's hoping this game is where it all finally starts clicking into place for this team.

I avoid the game threads during the games too--but it's because I like being caught up in the moment as a fan. Looking at the game as a whole--or even in large sections--I kinda have to step back. Tonight was one of those games that I feel different about after the fact. I was, and am, pretty sure it was a total Hero Ball game by Kawhi. But Reggie was great too, especially in the first half. And PG kept doing what he has been doing a lot of in this series—have two good to great quarters, and two meh to lousy ones. Fortunately for us, he was at his best in the fourth … for me, the block of the Hardaway three (that would’ve tied it) in the middle of the fourth was kind of a momentum switcher. We stayed in the driver’s seat after that.

But ... so many things wrong. What is wrong with Morris? This is not an idle question. He’s shooting 37%. He’s getting 9 ppg in nearly 35 mpg. He’s not rebounding. I don’t really see him defending well. This is not one of those “Well, it looks worse on paper.” It looked and looks bad no matter what. In this series he’s had two good games, two bad games and two games that are so f----- bad I don’t even know what to say. That evens out to—terrible!

And, really, outside of Kawhi, Reggie, and PG, we looked lousy tonight. Batum was “okay.” There was an extended Luke Kennard sighting. Rondo and Mann were nonexistent. And I’m concerned about Rondo—about whether there’s been some sort of altercation or he’s hurt or what. I had to check to make sure he played in the second half. He did—three minutes. In a potential elimination game. Something’s going on. But, again, the big picture is we didn’t look too good.

So how come we won and I’m so happy? Well, we put it all together at the right time. Our fourth quarter was good. Kawhi was insane. PG was very very good. Reggie was good (just not as good as in the—damn!—1Q). The spot minutes from a few other players really helped. Zu played for what felt like a moment and got 5 rebounds. Our defensive play was stellar—PG and Kawhi were switching fast and smooth. And we looked like a team. We played hard and tough and scrabbled our way into the lead and held it.

So I’m happy. And we’ve got a Game 7.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers