ImageImageImageImage

New Mock Draft

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Magic Mops
Junior
And1: 83

New Mock Draft 

Post#1 » by Magic Mops » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:46 pm

https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodmans-2021-nba-mock-draft-1-0-rockets-reload-06-02-2021/

Magic get Mobley with the 3rd pick and Giddey with the 10th pick.

The Job of the Front Office is not easy.
It is really difficult to satisfy every Fan.

Everybody has his favorites in the draft and after Draft Night some fans will be happy with the picks and other fans will not be happy.

All in all we have to live with it.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Re: New Mock Draft 

Post#2 » by Rainwater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:29 pm

Unless the magic believe Mobley is some superstar there is really no justification for them picking another big man. They are pretty much set at that position with JI and in today's NBA you need creativity at the guard positions something the magic haven't had since since T-Mac in my opinion.

And until the draft lottery is official shouldn't you have the magic slotted at 8 (their likely position)?
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#3 » by The Effect » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:54 pm

Rainwater wrote:Unless the magic believe Mobley is some superstar there is really no justification for them picking another big man. They pretty much set at that position with JI and in today's NBA you need creativity at guard positions something the magic haven't had since since T-Mac in my opinion.

Ignore the current roster, no one on the team currently is a superstar and can be replaced. Say 19 year old Tim duncan was in the draft this year and was available at our pick, would you pass on him because of an injury prone Jonathan Isaac? God id hope not.

Not saying Mobley=duncan, just saying that isaac on the team shouldnt stop you from picking someone

Plus, I wouldnt even say isaac being on the team means we're set at PF. The guy has proven to be EXTREMELY injury prone, having missed literally HALF the games in his 5 year NBA career and is currently coming off a serious knee injury, so whos to say hes even going to be 100% anytime soon, not to mention hes very one dimensional. Hes a great defender, but hes below average on the offensive side of the ball as he cant dribble, cant create for himself and cant create for others.

If we were basing it on whats currently on the roster (which isnt anything we should be doing with current roster), id say we're more set in the backcourt than at PF

Fultz | Cole
Hampton |harris | Ross

those 2 position are more "set" than PF

Again i would take the best player available regardless of position and personally would do whatever it takes to get either Cade or Green, but if those 2 are gone, i could see why the team would take mobley even though i would take suggs (his leadership alone moves him ahead of mobley)
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#4 » by Rainwater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:05 pm

The Effect wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Unless the magic believe Mobley is some superstar there is really no justification for them picking another big man. They pretty much set at that position with JI and in today's NBA you need creativity at guard positions something the magic haven't had since since T-Mac in my opinion.

Ignore the current roster, no one on the team currently is a superstar and can be replaced. Say 19 year old Tim duncan was in the draft this year and was available at our pick, would you pass on him because of an injury prone Jonathan Isaac? God id hope not.

Not saying Mobley=duncan, just saying that isaac on the team shouldnt stop you from picking someone

Plus, I wouldnt even say isaac being on the team means we're set at PF. The guy has proven to be EXTREMELY injury prone, having missed literally HALF the games in his 5 year NBA career and is currently coming off a serious knee injury, so whos to say hes even going to be 100% anytime soon, not to mention hes very one dimensional. Hes a great defender, but hes below average on the offensive side of the ball as he cant dribble, cant create for himself and cant create for others.

If we were basing it on whats currently on the roster (which isnt anything we should be doing with current roster), id say we're more set in the backcourt than at PF

Fultz | Cole
Hampton |harris | Ross

Again i would take the best player available regardless of position and personally would do whatever it takes to get either Cade or Green, but if those 2 are gone, i could see why the team would take mobley even though i would take suggs (his leadership alone moves him ahead of mobley)

I agree if you think Mobley is a future superstar by all means go for it, bpa over need, but the Magic have clear issues at the guard positions. Fultz, Cole, Hampton, Harris and Ross are not dynamic guards that can lead this anywhere and they are far away from being set. Man, Fultz can't shot a lick, lol. This league is defined by it's playmakers for the magic not to address this issue would be a problem.

And someone please tell why this mock draft doesn't have the magic picking 10th? If you aren't going to wait for the lottery for confirmation why not just but the Magic at number one? Lol.
p0peye
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,993

Post#5 » by p0peye » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:48 pm

The Effect wrote:

Fultz | Cole
Hampton |harris | Ross

I don't see a single starter level talent there.
Magic Mops
Junior

Newest Mock Draft from Nbadraftroom.com 

Post#6 » by Magic Mops » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:38 pm

https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2021-nba-mock-draft/

Magic get Mobley with the 2nd pick and Moody with the 8th pick.

In the second round the Magic get Johnny Juzang with pick 33.

Although if have a favorite player in the second round.

J.T. Thor from Auburn

He’s got a high release point and a smooth lefty shot. 
With his height and length it’s really hard to block.

Thor can defend inside and out and has nice agility when defending against guards. 

He fits the mold of a modern versatile forward who can do a little bit of everything on the court.

The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Re: Newest Mock Draft from Nbadraftroom.com 

Post#7 » by The Real Dalic » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:40 pm

Yay, another C to add to the pile. If we get the second pick, we need to draft a guard/wing, period.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#8 » by Max Power » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:50 pm

Gotta agree, nothing against Mobley but most of the Magic’s history the last twenty years has revolved around a center. I’d like the team to be built around a guard or wing. I’m hoping for Cunningham or Green, or Suggs at the worst.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#9 » by Anti Chalmers » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:16 pm

Green at 2. Be great if we get Moody and Juzang with our other two picks.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,909

Post#10 » by drsd » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:02 pm

Anti Chalmers wrote:Green at 2. Be great if we get Moody and Juzang with our other two picks.

If Juzang is available at #33, I would be thrilled with his selection!

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#11 » by tiderulz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:11 pm

Magic Mops wrote:https://nbadraftroom.com/p/2021-nba-mock-draft/

J.T. Thor from Auburn

Thor can defend inside and out and has nice agility when defending against guards. 

He fits the mold of a modern versatile forward who can do a little bit of everything on the court.

start some rivalry. Give me Herb Jones instead of Thor. SEC player of year and SEC defensivep layer of year. great ball handling and very good athlete.
Magic Mops
Junior

Post#12 » by Magic Mops » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:11 pm

tiderulz wrote:

J.T. Thor from Auburn

start some rivalry. Give me Herb Jones instead of Thor. SEC player of year and SEC defensivep layer of year. great ball handling and very good athlete.

How about the offense of Herb Jones?
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#13 » by tiderulz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:35 pm

Magic Mops wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

J.T. Thor from Auburn

How about the offense of Herb Jones?

his offense is okay overall, his shooting could improve, his ball handling and passing are very good and he is another that can guard multiple positions at a very high level. he is a glue guy that is perfect for a 2nd round pick.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,533

Post#14 » by SOUL » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:06 pm

Let's try to keep this in one thread. Will merge with your other mock thread.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Post#15 » by RookieStar » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:25 pm

SOUL wrote:Let's try to keep this in one thread. Will merge with your other mock thread.

Yeah.. we have multiple threads already on the same topic..
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,921

Post#16 » by MagicMatic » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:55 pm

The Effect wrote:

Ignore the current roster, no one on the team currently is a superstar and can be replaced.

This league is run by playmakers. Get a playmaker with a top 5 pick.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#17 » by Rainwater » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:01 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:Yay, another C to add to the pile. If we get the second pick, we need to draft a guard/wing, period.

I really agree with this statement. I am kinda having a change of heart for Mobley, he has some real star potential. While i prefer a guard like Cade, wouldn't mind taking him. Can definitely see the talent. But if we do take him we have to get a scorer/creator at the wing/guard position with the bulls pick. Wouldn't mind Mitchell or Bouknight.
The Effect

Post#18 » by The Effect » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:10 am

MagicMatic wrote:
The Effect wrote:

Ignore the current roster, no one on the team currently is a superstar and can be replaced.

This league is run by playmakers. Get a playmaker with a top 5 pick.

WHile true, its not that simple

Lets say that you have a time machine and go forward and see that these guys reach their top potential and they end up mimicking the 2012 Draft
Mobley = AD
Green = Beal
Suggs = Dame

Who do you take?
The cold blooded leader
The elite 3 level scorer
the best PF in the NBA
The Effect

Post#19 » by The Effect » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:28 am

Rainwater wrote:
The Effect wrote:

Fultz | Cole
Hampton |harris | Ross

I agree if you think Mobley is a future superstar by all means go for it, bpa over need, but the Magic have clear issues at the guard positions. Fultz, Cole, Hampton, Harris and Ross are not dynamic guards that can lead this anywhere and they are far away from being set. Man, Fultz can't shot a lick, lol. This league is defined by it's playmakers for the magic not to address this issue would be a problem.

And someone please tell why this mock draft doesn't have the magic picking 10th? If you aren't going to wait for the lottery for confirmation why not just but the Magic at number one? Lol.

I think its too early to say what we have\dont have in RJ cole and even fultz

I mean just 2 years ago, RJ and Cole were considered top 5 recruits who were destined for NBA stardom
While both had up and down rookie years, they both showed glimpses of what they could be late in the year. Yeah they werent the most efficient players over that span, but you have to remember they are 20 year old kids who came into the league with no training camp or preseason and in the case of RJ had to adjust to a new team midseason, and really did it with no help around them. I mean the team was clearly tanking and had not really much of a game plan. But to me they both showed that they have NBA talent and can be difference makers in time.
Will they be all stars in 2021-22 season? No, probably not
Will they lead the team to the playoffs in 21-22? i doubt it
Would i pass on Green or Suggs because of their presence? NOPE! (im taking green at 2 without even wasting a second on the clock)

But, if we end up with say Mobley and Jalen Johnson, i have all the faith in the world that those 2 would hold down the position for us, and definitely believe they could develop into stars (maybe not superstars) for us

Fultz, i still have faith in, i mean you really saw how much better this team looked with him in the lineup last year and start of this year, but until i see hes back 100%, im going with cole as the starter for next year
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#20 » by Rainwater » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:06 am

The Effect wrote:
Rainwater wrote:[quote="The Effect"

Fultz | Cole
Hampton |harris | Ross

I think its too early to say what we have\dont have in RJ cole and even fultz

I mean just 2 years ago, RJ and Cole were considered top 5 recruits who were destined for NBA stardom
While both had up and down rookie years, they both showed glimpses of what they could be late in the year. Yeah they werent the most efficient players over that span, but you have to remember they are 20 year old kids who came into the league with no training camp or preseason and in the case of RJ had to adjust to a new team midseason, and really did it with no help around them. I mean the team was clearly tanking and had not really much of a game plan. But to me they both showed that they have NBA talent and can be difference makers in time.
Will they be all stars in 2021-22 season? No, probably not
Will they lead the team to the playoffs in 21-22? i doubt it
Would i pass on Green or Suggs because of their presence? NOPE! (im taking green at 2 without even wasting a second on the clock)

But, if we end up with say Mobley and Jalen Johnson, i have all the faith in the world that those 2 would hold down the position for us, and definitely believe they could develop into stars (maybe not superstars) for us

Fultz, i still have faith in, i mean you really saw how much better this team looked with him in the lineup last year and start of this year, but until i see hes back 100%, im going with cole as the starter for next year[/quote]

While they are young and people should wait 3 to 4 years before casting judgement on these young's guys, I just don't think RJ or Cole have the potential to be more than role players on a good team. Honestly, they shouldn't be starting.

In regards to Fultz I really don't think he played all that well in the beginning of the season. I feel like he would be a great sixth man on a good team.

If Mobley is the BPA you take him but that second pick needs to go for a scoring guard some who can get buckets, I have no faith Jalen Johnson. He reminds of AG. Good player but not going to get you points.

Return to Orlando Magic