Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#1981 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:12 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
I don't really think guys like Maxey, Milton, and Thybulle are gonna get you over that bridge. I think a 3rd team would need to be involved, a 3rd team that's giving Portland a high upside, progressing rookie contract player.

Min pick + Wiseman isn't close? Idk whether you missed or just ignored this, but I believe it to be pretty close to what you are talking about.

Spoiler:
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#1982 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:20 pm

cool93 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
I don't really think guys like Maxey, Milton, and Thybulle are gonna get you over that bridge. I think a 3rd team would need to be involved, a 3rd team that's giving Portland a high upside, progressing rookie contract player.

Min pick + Wiseman isn't close? Idk whether you missed or just ignored this, but I believe it to be pretty close to what you are talking about.

Spoiler:

I was considering responding to it. It's closer, and on the right track. However, I don't think Wiseman is the piece to build around for Portland. He hasn't showed enough to be the primary piece coming back. I'm 50/50 on whether he'll even be a starting caliber player in the league at this point. Would need assurance that the Minnesota pick conveys as well, so trade would have to be made after lottery balls to even think about it.

You're headed in the right direction, just not sure I like the specific pieces. Can't guarantee that Portland's FO doesn't though, I think his is closer to what the 76ers need to look at doing if they want Lillard though. Need to find intriguing pieces to acquire for Portland. Because I don't think Simmons fits the firesale Portland timeline, and I don't think he's a guy that you bring in, hand the team to and expect him to up his value so you can move him in a year or 2 for more assets again. I think his value is only diminished on a bad team, surrounded by rooks and junk.
cool93
Analyst
And1: 1,992

Post#1983 » by cool93 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:09 pm

Roy The Natural wrote: I think his value is only diminished on a bad team, surrounded by rooks and junk.

While I see your point, I just can't agree with this statement. I think if you have the right kind of "junk" around Simmons, he'll look awesome, he already did that in his rookie season when Embiid got hurt and Ben won 16 in a raw with RoCo, Redick, Saric, Belinelli and Illyasova. You won't be winning anything meaningful with that kind of roster, but I believe Ben can up his value quite a bit in a right situation.
Roy The Natural
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#1984 » by Roy The Natural » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:18 pm

cool93 wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote: I think his value is only diminished on a bad team, surrounded by rooks and junk.

While I see your point, I just can't agree with this statement. I think if you have the right kind of "junk" around Simmons, he'll look awesome, he already did that in his rookie season when Embiid got hurt and Ben won 16 in a raw with RoCo, Redick, Saric, Belinelli and Illyasova. You won't be winning anything meaningful with that kind of roster, but I believe Ben can up his value quite a bit in a right situation.

Maybe.. but it certainly isn't worth the risk. Getting a 3rd team involved is a much more pragmatic move by Portland. At this point, every year that Simmons doesn't show progression is a year a loses a little more value.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#1985 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:16 pm

Forget these older dudes. Go get De'Aaron Fox, man.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1986 » by sixers hoops » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:21 pm

Roy The Natural wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:
Roy The Natural wrote:
My thought was CJ+Covington+picks with Nurk going to a 3rd team like Boston for some more assets. I was told the gap couldn't be bridged though.

But I feel like in a vacuum Covington+CJ+Nurk+picks has to be in the vicinity of Ben Simmons value wise. It just sort of depends on what Nurk can bring in IMO.

Just a theoretical, but in reality, I can’t see Morey taking that deal. It would be Lillard or bust. Maybe you feel the same way, but it all depends on what Dame and the Portland FO see.

Technically it depends on what both front offices see. It's not like the onus is only on the Blazers here. Neither Simmons nor Lillard have any leverage given their contracts.

Yea... I get that. I think there's a major impasse here. I don't think the Blazers would entertain Simmons and marginal stuff for Lillard. And I don't think that the 76ers would entertain CJ and marginal stuff for Simmons.

The only way a Simmons-Lillard based swap works is if somebody in Portland really loves Simmons. During the Harden talks, there were a lot of reports about how polarizing Ben’s value is around the league. Some league execs think he is an all-nba player, and others think his impact on the game is overrated. We know what Dame’s value is. It’s a little more than Harden’s considering he is a year or two younger, better leader, longer contract, and comparable impact.

If they are similar to Houston and want mostly picks, and players on rookie contacts, the Sixers don’t have premium assets in that range. If they are looking for a new centerpiece yet to hit his prime, and they believe Ben is that player, then it makes sense.

When it comes to defense and transition play, Ben is truly elite. However, constructing an offense where he is an impactful halfcourt player isn’t easy. If I were Portland, I wouldn’t do it. Building around Ben just seems like it is really difficult because he has point guard skills but isn’t a threat to score from the perimeter. Fortunately, we have Joel to coverup a lot of Ben’s weaknesses. However, if a coach, like Doc Rivers, really believes in Ben, then it doesn’t matter what the fans on forums think, they will go get him. Overall, I don’t know that any of us could guess Ben’s value to each team’s front office.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#1987 » by sixers hoops » Sat Jun 5, 2021 2:23 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Forget these older dudes. Go get De'Aaron Fox, man.

Doesnt seem realistic.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#1988 » by the_process » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:20 pm

Are we sure the Kings would do a Simmons-Fox trade?
the_process
RealGM

Post#1989 » by the_process » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:26 pm

If the Wolves keep their pick, assuming the Blazers then want to tank...

MIN gets Simmons
POR gets Edwards, Rubio, MIN 1st, PHI 2023 1st
PHI gets Lillard

The Blazers can figure out what to do with Rubio and CJ after the fact.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1990 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:45 pm

sixers hoops wrote:

Doesnt seem realistic.

the_process wrote:

I'm thinking now that Tyrese Haliburton is in the fold, they might view De'Aaron Fox as expendable. And they might factor in Fox's subpar shooting ability as a justification for moving him.

Some teams get weird about having two young lead guards coming up together and try to split them up.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1991 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:51 pm

Man, Pelicans would be great trade partners with us.

Brandon Ingram
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Kira Lewis
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,745

Post#1992 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:42 pm

Kobblehead wrote:Man, Pelicans would be great trade partners with us.

Brandon Ingram
Nickeil Alexander-Walker
Kira Lewis

Ben and Zion would be a bit of a talent clash. I would obviously love NAW.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1993 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:50 pm

I actually don't think bringing CJ here would be that bad since Embiid has boosted career years, or almost career years, from less talented scorers like Redick and Curry.

McCollum has a ton of experience being a 23 point scorer as the secondary scorer/ballhandler which would likely segue nicely into being the secondary guy with Embiid. Probably could get him up to 25-28 ppg scorer with increased volume and better looks.

That said, I still think there's Morey tampering to get a package deal for DeRozan and sign Lowry in a similar way that the Clips did it for Kawhi.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#1994 » by Arsenal » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:10 pm

Negrodamus wrote:I actually don't think bringing CJ here would be that bad since Embiid has boosted career years, or almost career years, from less talented scorers like Redick and Curry.

McCollum has a ton of experience being a 23 point scorer as the secondary scorer/ballhandler which would likely segue nicely into being the secondary guy with Embiid. Probably could get him up to 25-28 ppg scorer with increased volume and better looks.

That said, I still think there's Morey tampering to get a package deal for DeRozan and sign Lowry in a similar way that the Clips did it for Kawhi.

How would this work? Sign DDR for the mid-level then S&T for Lowry?
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1995 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:14 pm

Arsenal wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:I actually don't think bringing CJ here would be that bad since Embiid has boosted career years, or almost career years, from less talented scorers like Redick and Curry.

Vice-versa due to age, productivity, and dealing with a western conference team.
the_process
RealGM

Post#1996 » by the_process » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:26 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Arsenal wrote:

Vice-versa due to age, productivity, and dealing with a western conference team.

Lowry isn’t taking the mid level. Dude wants 2-60.

Kobblehead wrote:
the_process wrote:

I'm thinking now that Tyrese Haliburton is in the fold, they might view De'Aaron Fox as expendable. And they might factor in Fox's subpar shooting ability as a justification for moving him.

Some teams get weird about having two young lead guards coming up together and try to split them up.

So they will want to deal Fox because lack of shooting and dual lead ball handlers… but they will want Ben??

Maybe Sacto will take Edwards and Minny’s pick for Ben. But I’d rather have Jalen Suggs over DeAaron Fox. Even if it doesn’t align with Jo.

Well, if they lose to ATL maybe the Sixers just blow it up.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#1997 » by Negrodamus » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:41 pm

Lowry would likely be more convinced if he can solidify a HOF bid by joining his best friend in his hometown, get the opportunity to play with an MVP and likely be the front runner to win the EC and Championship.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#1998 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:02 pm

the_process wrote:So they will want to deal Fox because lack of shooting and dual lead ball handlers… but they will want Ben??

Maybe Sacto will take Edwards and Minny’s pick for Ben. But I’d rather have Jalen Suggs over DeAaron Fox. Even if it doesn’t align with Jo.

Well, if they lose to ATL maybe the Sixers just blow it up.

Simmons' size certainly presents more lineup versatility for them than the 6'3" 170 pound Fox. If they want Haliburton to be their lead initiator, Simmons can at least screen and roll. As long as Fox is there, they have no choice but to have him as their lead initiator because he can't space off the ball and he's too small to do anything else.

Suggs is a fine prospect. Good defender, can run pick and roll and might develop a jumper. I don't think he's all that great a slasher, though. Neither is Edwards. I think dribble penetration is the key to everything. Fox is superior to both in that regard.

Fox would be Maxey on steroids, for us, and provide plays on the defensive end.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#1999 » by Arsenal » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:08 pm

With Tyrese Maxey, we have ZERO need for De'Aaron Fox.
Kobblehead
RealGM

Post#2000 » by Kobblehead » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:15 pm

I mean, you want as many creators as you can possible get your hands on.

Fox makes a ton of plays defensively and facilitates at lead-guard rates. Two things Maxey doesn't and cannot do.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers