ImageImageImageImage

Would the Trail Blazers trade Lillard?

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Would the Trail Blazers trade Lillard? 

Post#1 » by nymets1 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 4:26 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/262835/Rival-Teams-Monitoring-Potential-Availability-Of-Damian-Lillard

Rival teams are closely following the Damian Lillard situation with the Portland Trail Blazers in case he becomes available in trade.

"Sources say several NBA teams — including those in the top markets — are already intensely monitoring this situation in Portland and how it develops to look for an opening to make trade offers," reports The Athletic.

The Blazers and Terry Stotts parted ways on Friday. Lillard has already begun to comment on what he would like from a new coach for the Blazers. According to a source, Lillard would prefer Jason Kidd as Portland's next head coach due to his previous head coaching experience and his background as a fellow point guard from Oakland.

Lillard has historically been consistent with his desire to win with the Blazers.

- I think if the Trail Blazers did it, They probably prefer to look for an eastern conference team. We should put everything we got on the table for Lillard. Lillard sayed he wants Jason Kidd to be the head coach, If that don't happen, he could ask for a trade.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,408

Re: Would the Trail Blazers trade Lillard? 

Post#2 » by Rainwater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:34 pm

Lol Lillard would never come here the Magic are clearly rebuilding. The magic are in a far worse position than the Blazers. Lillard being traded to the magic is a waste of his prime.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 6,985

Post#3 » by The Real Dalic » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:37 pm

Not sure what Lillard would be able to accomplish with this team. He had CJ on the Blazers and could never really accomplish anything. The Magic don't have a McCollum on the roster. Isaac would be the closest but he would also likely be traded to bring Lillard in in the first place.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
nymets1
Head Coach
And1: 1,353

Post#4 » by nymets1 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:56 pm

Rainwater wrote:Lol Lillard would never come here the Magic are clearly rebuilding. The magic are in a far worse position than the Blazers. Lillard being traded to the magic is a waste of his prime.

Even though the Blazers made the playoffs, I would think they need to rebuild.
"Bodysurfing and always drive with the windows down"

"UCF 2017 only undefeated national champions"
Bergmaniac
Head Coach
And1: 9,491

Post#5 » by Bergmaniac » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:30 pm

Maybe, but not to us. Plenty of teams which will offer more valuable assets if he becomes available.
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#6 » by Rainwater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:49 pm

nymets1 wrote:
Rainwater wrote:Lol Lillard would never come here the Magic are clearly rebuilding. The magic are in a far worse position than the Blazers. Lillard being traded to the magic is a waste of his prime.

Even though the Blazers made the playoffs, I would think they need to rebuild.

True, but doesn't mean Lillard should come here. If traded I see him going to a contender. Maybe Mil, Philadelphia, or the Lakers or something.

Anyway two rebuilding teams don't make good trade partners.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,671

Post#7 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jun 5, 2021 8:57 pm

Portland fan here coming in peace. I think we’d trade Dame for the right package but i think we are 1 season away from that happening if it does. Not sure if it’s orlando but highest bidder sort of thing would certainly arise. NY and Miami seemingly have the assets to at least intrigue us
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,075

Post#8 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:05 pm

Oden2 wrote:Portland fan here coming in peace. I think we’d trade Dame for the right package but i think we are 1 season away from that happening if it does. Not sure if it’s orlando but highest bidder sort of thing would certainly arise. NY and Miami seemingly have the assets to at least intrigue us

if you guys are going to trade him, waiting 1 more year unless you really think you can contend is a mistake. a year older will only hurt his value.

and wondering, what pieces from NY especially, but also Miami are intriguing to you?
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,796

Post#9 » by IllMagic04 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:05 pm

Oden2 wrote:Portland fan here coming in peace. I think we’d trade Dame for the right package but i think we are 1 season away from that happening if it does. Not sure if it’s orlando but highest bidder sort of thing would certainly arise. NY and Miami seemingly have the assets to at least intrigue us
What pieces do either of those teams have?

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,599

Post#10 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:23 pm

Wait NY and MIA have pieces?

Isn't MIA's cupbaord bare after that Dipo trade and throwing the bank at BAM? Unless you mean you get back a combo of Bam, Butler, Herro and etc?

NY... well they do have RJ. Randle folded in the POs but he would be a good PF for you guys. You want IQ? You really want another 6'3 SG?

BTW I like Dame and wanted to do a #3, CHI #8, Cole, Bamba , CHI 23frp, DEN 24frp for him lol
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#11 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:24 pm

IllMagic04 wrote:
What pieces do either of those teams have?

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app

i haven’t put much thought into dealing dame but barrett, bam, herro at least entice a bit. Excuse my ignorance i just am from another coast line but how are the magic in the young asset department?

I think you are right in saying trading dame now would be the better choice but i suspect management is gonna give it another year whether portland fans like it or not
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#12 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:28 pm

RookieStar wrote:

Isn't MIA's cupbaord bare after that Dipo trade and throwing the bank at BAM? Unless you mean you get back a combo of Bam, Butler, Herro and etc?

NY... well they do have RJ. Randle folded in the POs but he would be a good PF for you guys. You want IQ? You really want another 6'3 SG?

BTW I like Dame and wanted to do a #3, CHI #8, Cole, Bamba , CHI 23frp, DEN 24frp for him lol

I mean let’s be clear i can’t speak for all portland fans on the fair value of dame nor do i think that value has been fully explored on these forums or in real life either for that matter (by the blazers).He is locked up for 3-4 years so really portland isn’t in a position where they have to rush into a deal so wouldn’t be shocked even if he’s dealt if it takes till the deadline at least
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#13 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:30 pm

Oden2 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

I mean let’s be clear i can’t speak for all portland fans on the fair value of dame nor do i think that value has been fully explored on these forums or in real life either for that matter (by the blazers).He is locked up for 3-4 years so really portland isn’t in a position where they have to rush into a deal so wouldn’t be shocked even if he’s dealt if it takes till the deadline at least

Oh of course. You forgot you are in realgm where posters PLAY at being GMs lol. All of us here have no influence in the real world but are interested on each other's thoughts like different fan bases.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#14 » by PDXKnight » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:38 pm

RookieStar wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

Oh of course. You forgot you are in realgm where posters PLAY at being GMs lol. All of us here have no influence in the real world but are interested on each other's thoughts like different fan bases.

well for the record i like that miami offer
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,856

Post#15 » by Anti Chalmers » Sat Jun 5, 2021 9:49 pm

I wouldn’t want to waste his prime years on our rebuilding team.
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#16 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:34 pm

Oden2 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

which ones? I doubt MIA offers all 3 of those names. If they do, what would Dame do there without any help?
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#17 » by RookieStar » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:35 pm

Anti Chalmers wrote:I wouldn’t want to waste his prime years on our rebuilding team.

Yeah I agree... as much as I like Dame, I don't want him to be on a rebuilding team. I want him to win a ring.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#18 » by PDXKnight » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:00 am

RookieStar wrote:
Oden2 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:

which ones? I doubt MIA offers all 3 of those names. If they do, what would Dame do there without any help?

Barrett and a bunch of firsts from NY would catch my interest as would bam and herro. Barret because dealing Dame would mean CJ too is being dealt at least at some point
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,075

Post#19 » by tiderulz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:40 am

Oden2 wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
Oden2 wrote:

Miami isnt going to offer that though.
Unless you mean you get back a combo of Bam, Butler, Herro and etc?

if they did, they are left with Lillard and Duncan Robinson, Dipo, Dragic . that isnt winning much
Rainwater
General Manager

Post#20 » by Rainwater » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:34 am

RookieStar wrote:
Anti Chalmers wrote:I wouldn’t want to waste his prime years on our rebuilding team.

Yeah I agree... as much as I like Dame, I don't want him to be on a rebuilding team. I want him to win a ring.

Pretty sure Dame doesn't want to be traded to a rebuilding team either, lol.

Return to Orlando Magic