Post#121 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu May 27, 2021 8:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Re: Woj: Bjorkgren on the hot seat 

Post#122 » by Wizop » Wed Jun 2, 2021 3:06 pm

Brad Stevens isn't going anywhere either.

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
OnFire
Junior
And1: 27

Post#123 » by OnFire » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:22 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Wizop wrote:Brad Stevens isn't going anywhere either.

Read on Twitter

Say what you want about Danny Ainge, but he ran the BOS FO very well; established a culture with a ring to show for it.

His passing of the reins to Brad Stevens is
a rather brilliant corporate move, if I may say. Shows a stable line of succession, heritage pedigree, and clear foresight. 8-)
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#124 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jun 3, 2021 11:54 pm

Scott Agness reported in his recent Fieldhouse Files that no decision on Bjorkgren has yet been made. Basically, after the last two seasons, everyone took a full week off to re-charge. Also reports that Bjorkgren didn’t lose the locker room, but that he had no allies in there, either. Poor communicator and micro-manager. A lot of that type of stuff. Also, that if Pritchard messes this one up, it’ll be him next.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#125 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:23 pm

The ax is starting to fall around the league. Assistants as well as head coaches will be available.

Sent from my phone.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#126 » by Tom White » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:50 pm

Wizop wrote:The ax is starting to fall around the league. Assistants as well as head coaches will be available.

Sent from my phone.

Yep. Stotts is gone from Portland and Clifford from Orlando so far.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#127 » by Wizop » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:11 pm

Tom White wrote:
Wizop wrote:The ax is starting to fall around the league. Assistants as well as head coaches will be available.

Sent from my phone.

TheAthletic says sources say Clifford is on our short list if Nate goes. He left Orlando because they gutted the roster midseason to tank. I'm curious about who his assistants were. Stotts too.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#128 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:21 pm

Wizop wrote:
Tom White wrote:

Sent from my phone.

TheAthletic says sources say Clifford is on our short list if Nate goes. He left Orlando because they gutted the roster midseason to tank. I'm curious about who his assistants were. Stotts too.

Sent from my phone.

Portland has Nate Tibbetts as the only assistant of note on their bench. Orlando has Lionel Chalmers and Pat Delany.

Both Tibbetts and Delany interviewed with the Pacers last offseason when Bjorkgren got the job.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#129 » by pacers33granger » Sat Jun 5, 2021 7:57 pm

I won't be impressed at all if we opt for someone like Stotts or Clifford. If we do, we'd literally have wasted a year trying something new and then going back to what we know. If one is willing to be a first assistant, I'd feel differently.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#130 » by Tom White » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:07 pm

pacers33granger wrote:I won't be impressed at all if we opt for someone like Stotts or Clifford. If we do, we'd literally have wasted a year trying something new and then going back to what we know. If one is willing to be a first assistant, I'd feel differently.

Agreed. Neither one impresses me.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,277

Pacers Odds and Ends 

Post#131 » by boomershadow » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:03 pm

Stotts and Clifford are a big no from me.

Stotts wouldn't be that bad as a boring retread type that could possibly show something more if given a new roster, but Clifford is absolutely not.
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#132 » by 8305 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:58 am

I liked Atkinson last summer, still do. Thought he did a nice job for the Nets when they were an over-achieving team.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#133 » by Wizop » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:40 pm

Collins is leaving GS looking for a head coaching or lead assistant position. If we keep Nate, Collins is the kind of lead assistant I'm looking for. He's been a player development coach and a defensive coordinator and equally importantly he's black and a former player. The only negative is I see value in an older assistant who isn't a threat to take over midseason - yes, Scoot, I know you want someone who is capable of taking over.

If Nate stays, what I want is a commitment to listen to the assistants and players with the same level of respect as he wanted Nick Nurse to listen to him. private apologies to those he offended would also be required.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:22 pm

Wizop wrote:Collins is leaving GS looking for a head coaching or lead assistant position. If we keep Nate, Collins is the kind of lead assistant I'm looking for. He's been a player development coach and a defensive coordinator and equally importantly he's black and a former player. The only negative is I see value in an older assistant who isn't a threat to take over midseason - yes, Scoot, I know you want someone who is capable of taking over.

If Nate stays, what I want is a commitment to listen to the assistants and players with the same level of respect as he wanted Nick Nurse to listen to him. private apologies to those he offended would also be required.

It’s alright. You have 3 assistant spots to hire to fill. Maybe Collins is one? Still have 2 more spots for a guy who would be your safety net if you have to pull the rip chord midseason. I’m not going to dive so into supporting Nate that I guarantee we have to keep him the whole season by not hiring a well rounded staff, or by not hiring a veteran assistant because Nate might be intimidated by having knowledgeable assistants.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#135 » by Wizop » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:52 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:You have 3 assistant spots to hire to fill.

I've read stuff from reporters saying that the assistants quit, but I've not seen anything official. not that I've looked for confirmation. I have to wonder if we're waiting to talk to someone coaching a team that is still playing. it's all speculation though at this point.
Tom White
Sixth Man

Post#136 » by Tom White » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:39 pm

Wizop wrote:I've read stuff from reporters saying that the assistants quit, but I've not seen anything official.

For what it is worth, they are all still listed on Pacers.com Maybe that has to do with contract-year sort of stuff? I don't know.

Side note: I didn't realize it until just now, but the three main assistants all went to "hyphenated" schools. Not making a big deal out of it. It just struck me as unusual.

Return to Indiana Pacers