ImageImageImage

Trade Brown for who Poll?

Moderators: bisme37, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob

Trade Brown for :

Bradley Beal
14%
Dame Lillard
23%
A Sabonis
5%
K.A.T
14%
Donovan Mitchell
8%
No keep Brown
33%
*Other - explain
4%

Total votes: 242

playa-hater
RealGM
And1: 18,141

Trade Brown for who Poll? 

Post#1 » by playa-hater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:11 pm

all hypothetical of course. But if Brown can/would be traded, who is your first choice and why?

*some other asset may or may not be required. Use your own judgement
SHOOTERS SHOOTER SHOOTERS
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,377

Re: Trade Brown for who Poll? 

Post#2 » by threrf23 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:23 pm

Dame or KAT - or consider other options if and when we need to trade him to free up cap space to sign Beal outright.

Also, I'm not necessarily saying that KAT is a better player than Jaylen, but he's young and a better fit alongside Tatum.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#3 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:41 pm

John Collins, Hunter, and Huerter for Jaylen, Romeo, and Tristan. Tristan up in them strip clubs, perfect fit.

The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,680

Post#4 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:46 pm

Brown for Horford.

Hear me out. You move Nesmith to the starting lineup, resign Fournier, and have Horford as the backup because Williams can't stay healthy.

Walker
Smart
Nesmith
Fournier
TT

Horford
PP
Langford
Williams

That's a solid rotation.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Hal14
RealGM
And1: 17,006

Post#5 » by Hal14 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:50 pm

Celtics are looking to add a 3rd star to put alongside Tatum and Brown. They're not looking to trade Brown.

What duos in the history of the game have won more games together as teammates before age 25 than Brown and tatum?

2-way wings with size, skill and athleticism are gold in the modern NBA. The rest of the NBA is jealous that the Celtics have 2 of them. If we split these 2 guys up, we'd be the laughingstock of the league. Oh and both of them are entering their prime at the same time. And they've got 4 years experience playing together and building up chemistry.

We have 2 stars now. If we trade Brown for another star, we still have 2 stars and we're no better off than we are now. What we need to do is keep Tatum and Brown, and put together a package including our other assets to try and land a 3rd star. You need 3 stars to win in this league.

Our other assets:

Kemba
Time Lord
Fournier
Nesmith
Langford
Pritchard
Smart
1st round picks over the next 5 years
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
jirrit
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,620

Post#6 » by jirrit » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:52 pm

In our current circumstances I’m just holding onto him. Maybe Beal if we dont have to add picks.
Hal14
RealGM

Post#7 » by Hal14 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:53 pm

The_Ghost_of_JB wrote:Brown for Horford.

Hear me out. You move Nesmith to the starting lineup, resign Fournier, and have Horford as the backup because Williams can't stay healthy.

Walker
Smart
Nesmith
Fournier
TT

Horford
PP
Langford
Williams

That's a solid rotation.

LOL. Yeah, let's trade an all-star who's literally entering his prime right now for an old washed up has-been who's on his way out of the league. That'll make us a contender. :roll:
1/11/24 The birth of a new Hal. From now on being less combative, avoiding confrontation - like Switzerland :)
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#8 » by Bleeding Green » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:56 pm

Walker
Smart
Nesmith
Fournier
TT

Horford
PP
Langford
Williams

That's a solid rotation.

Can they trade Tatum for John Wall too? Somehow make it a three-way trade. It would allow the Celtics to move Langford into the starting rotation and get Chet Holmgren.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#9 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:56 pm

Hal14 wrote:

Walker
Smart
Nesmith
Fournier
TT

Horford
PP
Langford
Williams

That's a solid rotation.

LOL. Yeah, let's trade an all-star who's literally entering his prime right now for an old washed up has-been who's on his way out of the league. That'll make us a contender. :roll:

I dunno I think it's a great idea. Al is a big and can stretch the floor, play D and pass the ball around. With JB it's no ball movement and drives to the hoop.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#10 » by return2glory » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:57 pm

Walker
Smart
Nesmith
Fournier
TT

Horford
PP
Langford
Williams

That's a solid rotation.

So you want to trade an all-star like Brown for Horford who is back up center? So you can play Nesmith more and resign Fournier, who can shoot but isn’t much of a rebounder and really isn’t that good at creating shots?

Also where is Tatum? Did you wave him?

You if are trading an all-star, you need to get an all star back.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM

Post#11 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sat Jun 5, 2021 10:59 pm

return2glory wrote:

Walker
Smart
Nesmith
Fournier
TT

Horford
PP
Langford
Williams

That's a solid rotation.

So you want to trade an all-star like Brown for Horford who is back up center? So you can play Nesmith more and resign Fournier, who can shoot but isn’t much of a rebounder and really isn’t that good at creating shots?

Also where is Tatum? Did you wave him?

You if are trading an all-star, you need to get an all star back.

I promoted him to head coach that's why he's not on the list. Sorry I should have made that clearer.
return2glory
RealGM

Post#12 » by return2glory » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:01 pm

Max said this the other day. Brown for Kat. I might do that.

Brown for Beal.
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#13 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:03 pm

Man, JB’s trolling game is on a plane above most of our posters.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,210

Post#14 » by Parliament10 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:04 pm

Hal14 wrote:Celtics are looking to add a 3rd star to put alongside Tatum and Brown. They're not looking to trade Brown - he's untouchable.

What duos in the history of the game have won more games together as teammates before either of them turned 25 than Brown and tatum?

2 way wings with size, skill and athleticism are gold in the modern NBA. The rest of the NBA is jealous that the Celtics have 2 of them. Oh and both of them are entering their prime at the same time. And they've got 4 years experience playing together, building up chemistry under their belt. It would be crazy to split them up now and start from scratch.

We have 2 stars now. If we trade Brown for another star, we still have 2 stars and we're no better off than we are now. What we need to do is keep Tatum and Brown, and put together a package including our other assets to try and land a 3rd star. You need 3 stars to win in this league.

Our other assets:

Kemba
Time Lord
Fournier
Nesmith
Langford
Pritchard
Smart

I Agree with this. I don't think that the Celtics are looking to shop Brown, at this point.
We need another Star, to pair with these 2 up and coming youngsters.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
return2glory
RealGM

Post#15 » by return2glory » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:26 pm

The Comedian wrote:Man, JB’s trolling game is on a plane above most of our posters.

One thing I notice is you derail a lot of threads. Especially as a mod, not a great look.

You started a no tolerance thread to no racism or sexism. Which was great and makes the threads better among other obvious reasons. But let’s also keep derailing threads at a minimum.

As far a trading Brown, for me it’s either for KAT or Beal. Ideally you want to add two the 2 guys stars and get a 3rd one. And build around that with a lot of touch, hard nosed players.
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#16 » by playa-hater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:35 pm

Edit
playa-hater
RealGM

Post#17 » by playa-hater » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:37 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
Hal14 wrote:Celtics are looking to add a 3rd star to put alongside Tatum and Brown. They're not looking to trade Brown - he's untouchable.

What duos in the history of the game have won more games together as teammates before either of them turned 25 than Brown and tatum?

2 way wings with size, skill and athleticism are gold in the modern NBA. The rest of the NBA is jealous that the Celtics have 2 of them. Oh and both of them are entering their prime at the same time. And they've got 4 years experience playing together, building up chemistry under their belt. It would be crazy to split them up now and start from scratch.

Our other assets:

Kemba
Time Lord
Fournier
Nesmith
Langford
Pritchard
Smart

I Agree with this. I don't think that the Celtics are looking to shop Brown, at this point.

Well I think everyone and their Uncle would prefer a 3rd star, But it would be hard enough to trade jelen Brown for an allstar..how is it even remotely possible we can get a 3rd one unless we give up years of draft assets, And even then we would need another team willing to be all partner.. Always open for suggestions
Hal14
RealGM

Post#18 » by Hal14 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:56 pm

playa-hater wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:

Our other assets:

Kemba
Time Lord
Fournier
Nesmith
Langford
Pritchard
Smart

Well I think everyone and their Uncle would prefer a 3rd star, But it would be hard enough to trade jelen Brown for an allstar..how is it even remotely possible we can get a 3rd one unless we give up years of draft assets, And even then we would need another team willing to be all partner.. Always open for suggestions

IDK, how did we trade for KG without giving away a star? How did the Bulls trade for Vucevic without giving up a star? How did the Lakers trade for Davis without giving up a star? (ingram and ball you could argue they are stars now but absolutely were not at the time of the trade), how did the Nets trade for Harden without giving up a star?

Sh&t happens.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,170

Post#19 » by djFan71 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:06 am

I still like my Beal AND Wiggins one. Wiggins is quietly good this year, not worth his contract, but he plays every game and has decent D, etc. As a 3rd behind Tatum/Beal, he'd be fine. And it gets rid of Kemba. Wiggins is slightly more $ but you get more out of him.

BOS: Beal, Wiggins, Looney for Kemba, Brown, TT, Nesmith, '22 first
WAS: #6, 22 first, Nesmith, Walker for Beal
GSW: Brown, TT for #6, Wiggins, Looney

Smart, Beal, Wiggins, Tatum, Rob
PP, Romeo, Fournier, Grant, Looney
Carsen, Jabari
#16, vet mins, Kornet?

Need a little more size & PG with the vet mins/16.

EDIT: I still can't decide if #6, '22 is enough for WAS. And if not, do we kick in #16? Or does GSW kick in #14? Or both???
Tyakack
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,149

Post#20 » by Tyakack » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:12 am

Our other assets:

Kemba
Time Lord
Fournier
Nesmith
Langford
Pritchard
Smart

They may not be looking to trade brown but you're kidding yourself if you think he is untouchable. The only untouchable player on this team is tatum, period.

Return to Boston Celtics