Image ImageImage Image

Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

waffle
RealGM
And1: 1,661
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Re: Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion 

Post#201 » by waffle » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:51 pm

I think we have 3 or 4 positions set. We need a PG. A boring normal PG.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,694

Post#202 » by GoBlue72391 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:23 am

waffle wrote:I think we have 3 or 4 positions set. We need a PG. A boring normal PG.
SG and C are the only 2 positions set in stone as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM mobile app
TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Post#203 » by TheJordanRule » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:32 am

waffle wrote:I think we have 3 or 4 positions set. We need a PG. A boring normal PG.

You mean Sato? :banghead: Come up with more incisive analysis. Please.
waffle
RealGM
Location: Don't question the finger and do respect the black box. That is all.....

Post#204 » by waffle » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:19 am

we have a C. We have a 3/4 with Pwill. We have a 2/3 with Zach. We have a 6th man/2 in Coby. We MIGHT have a 4 in Theis (please find a way to sign him)

So, if you write that down on a piece of paper (use a pencil) we are missing....wait for it...

a 1

AND this team, as I have said numerous times, would benefit from a classic 1990's PG.
waffle
RealGM

Post#205 » by waffle » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:22 am

and I think sato is pretty darn good!

Recognize that this team played their best 5 just a few games the 2nd half of this season. With JUST the team we had at the end of the season with a full training camp I think we are looking at a borderline playoff team. But i think an aggressive 1 would help tons.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#206 » by bearadonisdna » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:04 am

Actually I’m pretty good with cobe , upgrading from Pwill and Whatever is going on at PF seems more urgent.

With Lauri I Can’t believe Donovan screwed him up. He was at like 18 ppg on 60% efg when he got benched .
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,938
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#207 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:56 am

Now the Lillard rumors will begin in earnest. We surely don't have enough.

Read on Twitter
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#208 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:49 am

If the ping pong balls go our way on the 22nd and we get a 3rd or 4th I would put this offer on the table to the Raptors:

1. # 3 or 4 pick (6 or 6.7M respectively)
2. Coby (5.8M)
3. Sato (10M)

Bulls get:

Fred VanVleet (19.7M)
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#209 » by xpmar9x » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:59 am

MalagaBulls wrote:If the ping pong balls go our way on the 22nd and we get a 3rd or 4th I would put this offer on the table to the Raptors:

2. Coby (5.8M)
3. Sato (10M)

Bulls get:

Fred VanVleet (19.7M)

To be honest, I'd rather draft Mobley or Suggs at 3 & keep Coby. Now if we got #4 and had to chose between Green (who's legit, but redundant with Lavine/Coby) or Kuminga (ton of potential, but raw).. I'd start to consider. I think Chicago would atleast want a 2nd back also.

I'd almost rather include Aminu and swap VanVleet for Siakim
d boy gentleman
Analyst
And1: 1,310

Post#210 » by d boy gentleman » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:21 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:Now the Lillard rumors will begin in earnest. We surely don't have enough.

Read on Twitter

Arturas will have to be extremely creative...

Or we have to blood sacrifice a mod to the basketball gods as offering...
coldfish wrote:Zach should file a complaint. Some of those non calls were battery complaints.

Stratmaster wrote:Will Perdue says asinine things, and his pants are way too short.

sco wrote: New Orleans has to be one of the, if not THE hardest city to eat healthy. I think they fry the water.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant

Post#211 » by MalagaBulls » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:40 pm

xpmar9x wrote:
MalagaBulls wrote:If the ping pong balls go our way on the 22nd and we get a 3rd or 4th I would put this offer on the table to the Raptors:

2. Coby (5.8M)
3. Sato (10M)

Bulls get:

Fred VanVleet (19.7M)

To be honest, I'd rather draft Mobley or Suggs at 3 & keep Coby. Now if we got #4 and had to chose between Green (who's legit, but redundant with Lavine/Coby) or Kuminga (ton of potential, but raw).. I'd start to consider. I think Chicago would atleast want a 2nd back also.

To me, VanVleet will move the needle more than Siakam.
xpmar9x
Analyst
And1: 208

Post#212 » by xpmar9x » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:05 pm

MalagaBulls wrote:
xpmar9x wrote:

2. Coby (5.8M)
3. Sato (10M)

Bulls get:

Fred VanVleet (19.7M)

To me, VanVleet will move the needle more than Siakam.

With how thin the PG market is, you're probably right. Besides overpaying Lowry, Zo, Schroeder, Dinwiddie, or trading for Kemba there's not alot of options. FVV makes just under $20m next yr & doesn't expire until 2024.

4, Coby & Sato for FVV & Gillisepe

Resign Theis & Temple for cheap. Bring over Samonvic. Let Lauri walk, or S&T for a couple 2nds. Trade some 2nds for Vasilije Micic (PG owned by OKC, Euroleague MVP).

FVV - Micic - #38
Lavine - Temple
Williams - Brown Jr
Thad - Samonvic - Gillisepe
Vucevic - Theis

Toronto would have their 1st (proj 7) & ours (#4) to rebuild around Siakim & OG w/ FVV & Lowry gone. Wouldn't be surprised if they went full rebuild and dealt Siakim too though.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,641

Post#213 » by sco » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:14 pm

I wonder if we can get a good read on Smart from Theis...he really looks like the perfect fit next to Zach with his defense and improved PG skills. $-wise, White/Aminu works.
:clap:
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#214 » by Tetlak » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:32 pm

I think I'm getting to the point where I'd rather have two quality 3 and D wings than overspend for a non-allstar PG. The NBA is and always has been all about quality, versatile forwards.
sco
RealGM

Post#215 » by sco » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:48 pm

Tetlak wrote:I think I'm getting to the point where I'd rather have two quality 3 and D wings than overspend for a non-allstar PG. The NBA is and always has been all about quality, versatile forwards.

I was wondering if we could somehow trade Lauri for Covington?
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,538

Post#216 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:11 pm

sco wrote:
Tetlak wrote:I think I'm getting to the point where I'd rather have two quality 3 and D wings than overspend for a non-allstar PG. The NBA is and always has been all about quality, versatile forwards.

I’m not sure becoming even worse on defense is an offseason priority in Portland. Why would they do that?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
sco
RealGM

Post#217 » by sco » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:18 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
sco wrote:

I’m not sure becoming even worse on defense is an offseason priority in Portland. Why would they do that?

As many here can attest to, Lauri is a very good defender and a hyper-efficient offensive player. Don't you read this board?
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#218 » by CobyWhite0 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:46 pm

sco wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
sco wrote:I was wondering if we could somehow trade Lauri for Covington?

As many here can attest to, Lauri is a very good defender and a hyper-efficient offensive player. Don't you read this board?

:lol:

Not only that, AK has already stated in the last 2 weeks that Lauri is a huge part of our future:

"I think Lauri is an essential part of our team and we hope he is a part of what we’re building here."

If you can't believe an NBA GM heading into the draft and free agency, who can you believe?
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,244

Post#219 » by kodo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:25 pm

Not a true PG but probably has better handles & passing ability than anyone else on the roster, looks like CJ is extremely available.

I'm not sure if Portland will be interested in winning.

It's been reported if Lillard doesn't like the offseason moves, he'll consider his future which sounds like a polite way of asking for a trade.

Things changed this fast in Houston. Houston started the season as a playoff team that went 2 rounds last season.
They went from a team that started 11-3 and tanked hard to hit the bottom.

RoCo's situation will be like PJ Tucker in that case, they'll almost certainly ditch him. I don't know if Lauri is the guy they want but if Lillard leaves I doubt they'll keep any vets.

I think the odds of Lillard liking the offseason is low; they're talking about trading CJ to Cleveland. There's no stars on CLE to come back, their two best players are worse versions of CJ right now, small guards with no defense. I guess Allen makes sense but Lillard + Allen doesn't compete for a title.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,538

Free Agent/Trade For PG Discussion 

Post#220 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:29 pm

kodo wrote:Not a true PG but probably has better handles & passing ability than anyone else on the roster, looks like CJ is extremely available.

Horrendous defender, not a good playmaker and overpaid for 3 more years. I’d rather go with Kemba instead of CJ and I really don’t want Kemba. At least it won’t cost much to get him though.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.

Return to Chicago Bulls