ImageImageImage

What's your perfect(realistic) offseason?

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Re: What's your perfect(realistic) offseason? 

Post#221 » by ejs78 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:25 pm

I can see the Pacers making moves just don't know with who.

The one guy who works under Fish by the name of Dalton Trigg just dreams up trades all day then writes articles for SI.
KhalilS wrote:Talking to Pacers fans on the trade board, who understand how their team operates, makes me think this is total BS.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#222 » by Mr B » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:21 pm

ejs78 wrote:I can see the Pacers making moves just don't know with who.

The one guy who works under Fish by the name of Dalton Trigg just dreams up trades all day then writes articles for SI.
KhalilS wrote:Talking to Pacers fans on the trade board, who understand how their team operates, makes me think this is total BS.

I will say that the Pacers and Celtics are two teams though that could likely looking to make a deal. I don’t know if Dallas has anything they would want and who they would be looking to move but those do seem like two likely teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#223 » by HMFFL » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:19 pm

Mr B wrote:Ran across this on Twitter. Myles Turner for KP? I’d do it. I’m not too familiar with how all the salary cap part works but wouldn’t the Pacers have to add to the trade because of their salaries?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I have no reason to believe Indiana would be interested in KP. It doesn't make any sense and Turner is on a friendly contract that pays him a flat 18m per season. Would need to add a substantial amount for Indiana to listen.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,814

Post#224 » by dirkforpres » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:30 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Mr B wrote:Ran across this on Twitter. Myles Turner for KP? I’d do it. I’m not too familiar with how all the salary cap part works but wouldn’t the Pacers have to add to the trade because of their salaries?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I have no reason to believe Indiana would be interested in KP. It doesn't make any sense and Turner is on a friendly contract that pays him a flat 18m per season. Would need to add a substantial amount for Indiana to listen.

Don’t be so sure. Last offseason, they were fully prepared to ship out Turner AND McDermott for Gordon Hayward, who is older than and just as injury prone than KP is.
FIRE JASON KIDD
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man
And1: 540

Post#225 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sat Jun 5, 2021 1:57 am

Turner would solve our rim protection issues and he can knock down open 3s. McDermott could become lethal with Luka finding him open looks.

Seems like a dream scenario, but I feel like dreaming!
MrOrange
Senior
And1: 417

Post#226 » by MrOrange » Sat Jun 5, 2021 6:06 am

DJ_3_Ball wrote:Turner would solve our rim protection issues and he can knock down open 3s. McDermott could become lethal with Luka finding him open looks.

Turner wants to stay in Indiana. McDermott is a black hole on D, you don't need that. His 3s do not compensate for it. Some folks mention Beal. That would be completely suicidal - he is a ball hog with an enormous ego (how will it work out with Luka and how did it work out with Wall?) and one of the worst defenders in the league (has anyone actually watched Wizards this season - the worst defending team in the league?). The problem with Mavs is that the excessively Luka reliant game by Carlisle has devalued KP to the point where the Mavs will not get any reasonable return for him.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#227 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:12 am

We really need change 4of5 starters this offseason...no way it happens, we are too way off to contender.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#228 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:25 pm

For those saying Indy isn’t moving Turner, don’t be so sure. Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire. Here’s another rumor.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,338

Post#229 » by Mavrelous » Sat Jun 5, 2021 5:20 pm

They will move one of Turner/Sabonis, they can't play together, and the can't have a plyer of their calibre on the bench, but they aren't taking KP's contract, that's a pipe dream.
A deal around Maxi/Brunson for Turner may be applicable, they need a cheap backup PG next year to avoid tax and they need a classic 4 like Maxi.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#230 » by ejs78 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 11:51 pm

Mavs were interested in Warren a few years back. Might look into that again especially since he hates the coach.

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#231 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:39 am

Mr B wrote:For those saying Indy isn’t moving Turner, don’t be so sure. Where there’s smoke there’s usually fire. Here’s another rumor.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Turner interest me so I will stay positive, but we have options at the 5, Turner is just more proven.

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Post#232 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:24 am

Any chance Terry Stotts and Dwayne Casey join the Mavs coaching staff again?
arkuo
General Manager

Post#233 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:25 am

ejs78 wrote:Mavs were interested in Warren a few years back. Might look into that again especially since he hates the coach.

Turner + Warren for KP and DFS works
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#234 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:41 am

MrOrange wrote:
DJ_3_Ball wrote:Turner would solve our rim protection issues and he can knock down open 3s. McDermott could become lethal with Luka finding him open looks.

Turner wants to stay in Indiana. McDermott is a black hole on D, you don't need that. His 3s do not compensate for it. Some folks mention Beal. That would be completely suicidal - he is a ball hog with an enormous ego (how will it work out with Luka and how did it work out with Wall?) and one of the worst defenders in the league (has anyone actually watched Wizards this season - the worst defending team in the league?). The problem with Mavs is that the excessively Luka reliant game by Carlisle has devalued KP to the point where the Mavs will not get any reasonable return for him.

Correct. Which is why I think it's a dream scenario i.e. not realistic

McDermott is a black hole on defense... isn't that essentially what THJ is currently on defense? I mean, God bless him THJ tries, and he's better than McDermott, but not by leaps & bounds. Even a guy like Reggie Jackson gives THJ the business if he wants to.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#235 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:47 am

Cuban should just go all in on Dame at this point and not wait for the next big thing to come and sign in Dallas. That will never happen.

Go get Portland that same package OKC got for Paul George. KP + DFS + 3 first rounders for Dame.

Pair Luka with Dame like Lebron and Kyrie and run it back.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#236 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:05 am

THJ is on his way to get a Harrison Barnes type of contract with the Mavs. Which isn't necessarily a good thing to be honest.

If this was Lebron's early years and Luka was Lebron, THJ is a Larry Hughes. You aren't gonna win anything with Hughes. Cuban needs to go out and get Luka a Kyrie.

Without Luka propping THJ and sucking all the defense for him to get wide open shots, he is essentially a Kent Bazemore. Hope the Mavs learn from the early Lebron teams in Cleveland and skip all the non-essentials. Get real starters to start.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#237 » by HMFFL » Sun Jun 6, 2021 12:33 pm

arkuo wrote:THJ is on his way to get a Harrison Barnes type of contract with the Mavs. Which isn't necessarily a good thing to be honest.

If this was Lebron's early years and Luka was Lebron, THJ is a Larry Hughes. You aren't gonna win anything with Hughes. Cuban needs to go out and get Luka a Kyrie.

Without Luka propping THJ and sucking all the defense for him to get wide open shots, he is essentially a Kent Bazemore. Hope the Mavs learn from the early Lebron teams in Cleveland and skip all the non-essentials. Get real starters to start.
THJ has his moments but he's not consistent enough to make 18m again we'll probably pay him 21m per year and I hope his contract decreases per year like Barnes does.

We really miss having Barnes and the production he brings. He's a wasted talent in Sacramento.

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,338

Post#238 » by Mavrelous » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:13 pm

I suggested a trade of KP for Hield and Barnes, save Kings money and gives the Mavs starting 2 and 4 for small ball lineup, but I'm not sure how Barnes will take it after how he was traded from here.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
DJ_3_Ball
Sixth Man

Post#239 » by DJ_3_Ball » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:07 pm

arkuo wrote:Cuban should just go all in on Dame at this point and not wait for the next big thing to come and sign in Dallas. That will never happen.

Go get Portland that same package OKC got for Paul George. KP + DFS + 3 first rounders for Dame.

I never believed Giannis would leave Milwaukee. I felt he was in the rarified air of a Dirk Nowitzki. Just build different and very loyal.

I think Dame is probably in that same class. There's a chance he would leave, but I don't think it'll be next year. They're about to go hire the coach he wants and make any other adjustments he wants. Dame is built different. Any other star would of gotten out of Portland years ago.

Doesn't seem smart to make plans around star players who are very unlikely to ever leave their teams.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#240 » by arkuo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:06 pm

DJ_3_Ball wrote:
arkuo wrote:Cuban should just go all in on Dame at this point and not wait for the next big thing to come and sign in Dallas. That will never happen.

I never believed Giannis would leave Milwaukee. I felt he was in the rarified air of a Dirk Nowitzki. Just build different and very loyal.

I think Dame is probably in that same class. There's a chance he would leave, but I don't think it'll be next year. They're about to go hire the coach he wants and make any other adjustments he wants. Dame is built different. Any other star would of gotten out of Portland years ago.

Doesn't seem smart to make plans around star players who are very unlikely to ever leave their teams.

I personally think Dame leaving Portland is a matter of when and not if. He already got his bag and did his time. If he valued winning at that point, he wouldn't have taken that big of a contract. Now almost half the team cap is signed off for his contract. That leaves limited moves here on out.

To take Portland from here to deep playoff contention, they would need to trade all 4 starters not named Damian Lillard and sign a good bench around those. With Lillard having 197M and 4 years to go on his contract, while the West being loaded means they would need to trade Nurkic, Mccollum and Covington and turn them into all stars. Chances of which are slim to none. So Dame is just killing time right now waiting for the same results IMO. Eventually they all realize they need to go team up somewhere.

I see Dame and I remember the Rockets with Harden. Eventually they get tired of not making a deep run and they team up with someone.

Return to Dallas Mavericks