ImageImageImage

Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

GuyClinch
RealGM
And1: 1,478

Re: Ainge Retires - Stevens to Front Office - Celtics search for New Head Coach 

Post#1921 » by GuyClinch » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:40 pm

Theocy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
jonige94 wrote:Hope they dont hire a coach just because they have a certain skin colour or gender, i want them to hire the most competent person regardless of what physical attributes they have.

Officially Warned.
This is Prejudicial, and goes against our Zero Tolerance policy.

~ Parl

? That post is by definition not prejudicial. Are we saying we hire someone because of skin colour?

Are you not familiar with the woke movement? Not considering race is racist.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,948

Post#1922 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:53 pm

GuyClinch wrote:
Theocy wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Officially Warned.
This is Prejudicial, and goes against our Zero Tolerance policy.

~ Parl

? That post is by definition not prejudicial. Are we saying we hire someone because of skin colour?

Zero Tolerance Policy
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2087387
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
jonige94
Senior
And1: 634

Post#1923 » by jonige94 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 1:54 pm

I got warned for that, are you for real?

What in the world did i say that was wrong?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#1924 » by jayu70 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:09 pm

Garbanzo wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:
Im not pulling for Pierce to get the job but he got a raw deal. Dealt with a huge slew of injuries that basically resolved itself right after he got canned. The injuries made it look a LOT worse than it was.

This piece also brings up the issue that Pierce was giving a young team a lot of freedom (to screw up) and that they’ve done better because McMillan has provided more structure:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/15/22385033/atlanta-hawks-trae-young-nate-mcmillan

And that's why I think Brad likes him.
Anyway Pierce's offensive philosophy is more rigid than Brad's and it may work well for the Celtics.
I hope Cassel will be the next HC, but wouldn't mind Pierce or Billups.

Hawks fan here:
It wasn't just the losing record that got Pierce fired, it was losing too many games in the 4th quarter when they had big enough leads.
The biggest reason for his firing though was his approach to Trae, not so much on the court since his system showcased, he was hard on Trae which Trae didn't mind but I think this and others situations like this (the Olympic team) is where he really lost Trae.

This is the Official Hawks Play by Play guy in this interview:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Zeroforwinger
Junior
And1: 414

Post#1925 » by Zeroforwinger » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:16 pm

Triple M wrote:Lawson
Cassell
Billups
Stackhouse

I would love any of the 4. I don't know any of them beneath the surface, but I feel Lawson and Billups have a general intelligence that can fit with Brad.

Stackhouse, who has gone 20-37 at Vandy is the guy you want? Is there someone else with that name? Am I just confused?
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#1926 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:17 pm

I think it'll be Sam Cassell as a head coach and Clifford as the assistant coach.
*Insert witty signature here.*
watsonthedragon
Sixth Man
And1: 2,289

Post#1927 » by watsonthedragon » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:19 pm

Parliament10 wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:
Theocy wrote:

Zero Tolerance Policy

Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not be a factor...
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,847

Post#1928 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:30 pm

watsonthedragon wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:
GuyClinch wrote:

Zero Tolerance Policy

Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not come into play...

Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1929 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:41 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Zero Tolerance Policy

Can you explain how his post goes against this policy? He’s literally saying skin color should not come into play...

Because what **** relevance does skin color or sex have to do with anything. No one here has suggested anyone unqualified for the job. So why is he bringing it up?

Answer: We all know why. Its to imply the people being suggested arent qualified and are being mentioned because theyre black and/or have a vagina. Lets stop pretending he wasnt doing what we all know he was doing.

Thank You, SmartWentCrazy.

Let's all just try and stay clear of Race & Sex as the subject.
Focus on the job itself.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
gocelts
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,898

Post#1930 » by gocelts » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:41 pm

Bohemian wrote:Maybe Brad is waiting for Clippers or Sixers to be eliminated. Apparently we can't talk to Billups or Cassell as long as their season is still in play, right?

I wouldnt be surprised if Danny and Brad had the off record conversation back in March with both Doc and Sam regarding Sam's availability and opportunity in Boston. If Doc isn't retiring any time soon, Sam is definitely ripe to leave Philly.

Billups not being brought in ASAP just leads me to believe that this has all been somewhat planned out and the media "insiders" know absolutely nothing (as usual) when it comes to Boston.
~gocelts
jonige94
Senior

Post#1931 » by jonige94 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:02 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:
Parliament10 wrote:Zero Tolerance Policy

Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,901

Post#1932 » by zoyathedestroya » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:03 pm

Evan Turner signing will pay off if he can recruit former teammate Dame. Maybe even as Pritchard's backup.

Read on Twitter
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1933 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:07 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:

Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.

You were, and now youre acting like a child and throwing a tantrum cuz youre upset about it.
jonige94
Senior

Post#1934 » by jonige94 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:09 pm

SmartWentCrazy wrote:
jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:

You were, and now youre acting like a child and throwing a tantrum cuz youre upset about it.

Oh no, my life is ruining because two sensitive people can't interpret english!!1111111
SmartWentCrazy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1935 » by SmartWentCrazy » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:11 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
jonige94 wrote:Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.

Oh no, my life is ruining because two sensitive people can't interpret english!!1111111

Now you try to denigrate me by insinuating I’m either:

a) dumb, or
b) ESL

Sweet personal attack. Feel better?

Also, LOL at insulting my ability to interpret English when you cant even write a coherent sentence.
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#1936 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Let's see how Blazers fans are taking the Kidd rumors...oh
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#1937 » by Parliament10 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:13 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
jonige94 wrote:Lol, yeah, i was totally implying that, it's just hard to admit you're wrong, i know.

You're Derailing the Thread now.
Inboxes are open.

~ Parl
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
GoCeltics123
RealGM
And1: 32,690

Post#1938 » by GoCeltics123 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Metta World Peace, next Celtics Head Coach lol
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,442

Post#1939 » by Triple7 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:23 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Garbanzo wrote:
Andrew McCeltic wrote:
This piece also brings up the issue that Pierce was giving a young team a lot of freedom (to screw up) and that they’ve done better because McMillan has provided more structure:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/4/15/22385033/atlanta-hawks-trae-young-nate-mcmillan

And that's why I think Brad likes him.
Anyway Pierce's offensive philosophy is more rigid than Brad's and it may work well for the Celtics.
I hope Cassel will be the next HC, but wouldn't mind Pierce or Billups.

Hawks fan here:
It wasn't just the losing record that got Pierce fired, it was losing too many games in the 4th quarter when they had big enough leads.
The biggest reason for his firing though was his approach to Trae, not so much on the court since his system showcased, he was hard on Trae which Trae didn't mind but I think this and others situations like this (the Olympic team) is where he really lost Trae.

This is the Official Hawks Play by Play guy in this interview:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

If true, hard pass on Lloyd Pierce.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,513

Post#1940 » by canman1971 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 3:38 pm

jonige94 wrote:
SmartWentCrazy wrote:
watsonthedragon wrote:

Dude, you knew what you were doing. I'm hopeful it was intent, but you knew the reaction you would get. You got warned, so move on. Keep it up and you'll make it worse. Canman

Return to Boston Celtics