ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: UCF, Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL

Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,625

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1461 » by Skybox » Thu Jun 3, 2021 6:12 pm

cedric76 wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2021/06/01/lakers-star-lebron-james-would-rather-retire-than-play-magic/7489332002/

We do not want you here either you F**** Goat Fraud

I’m not offended by this- he’s riffing on the whole bubble thing. Kozma made the douche remarks that were really directed at this org
The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1462 » by The Effect » Thu Jun 3, 2021 7:03 pm

Damn it, i just saw that celtics are going to try and trade Kemba....Why do i get this bad feeling that CLiff and the FO are going to try and fast forward this build by adding one of Cliffs guys and giving up valuable pieces to do it?
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#1463 » by jonbob17 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 12:16 am

Skybox wrote:
cedric76 wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2021/06/01/lakers-star-lebron-james-would-rather-retire-than-play-magic/7489332002/

I’m not offended by this- he’s riffing on the whole bubble thing. Kozma made the douche remarks that were really directed at this org

Yah, I'd trade all these young guys that I love for a 36 year old Lebron in a second. Might still be the best player in the league...at 36.

No one can joke around anymore without someone getting offended. His problems were with the bubble. 100 days in a hotel room.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,107

Post#1464 » by tiderulz » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:30 am

jonbob17 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Yah, I'd trade all these young guys that I love for a 36 year old Lebron in a second. Might still be the best player in the league...at 36.

No one can joke around anymore without someone getting offended. His problems were with the bubble. 100 days in a hotel room.

no, he is not the best player in the league right now
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#1465 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 4, 2021 2:56 am

The Effect wrote:Damn it, i just saw that celtics are going to try and trade Kemba....Why do i get this bad feeling that CLiff and the FO are going to try and fast forward this build by adding one of Cliffs guys and giving up valuable pieces to do it?
Pretty sure everyone in the league knows he has a bad knee.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Anti Chalmers
Analyst
And1: 2,858

Post#1466 » by Anti Chalmers » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:08 am

basketballRob wrote:
The Effect wrote:Damn it, i just saw that celtics are going to try and trade Kemba....Why do i get this bad feeling that CLiff and the FO are going to try and fast forward this build by adding one of Cliffs guys and giving up valuable pieces to do it?

I would find another team to root for if we give up pieces and trade for Kemba.
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,958

Post#1467 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jun 4, 2021 3:08 am

jonbob17 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

Yeah, the issue with this being the takeaway is when they followed it up with:

“You think they’ll have trouble in free agency” and he says “absolutely! Nobody is going there.”

So.. he’s not really talking specifically about the bubble. He’s a douche just like Kuzma and that’s the reason I’ll root for every small market team 100% of the time I watch the travesty that is NBA basketball.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Post#1468 » by pepe1991 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 6:45 am

MagicMatic wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

“You think they’ll have trouble in free agency” and he says “absolutely! Nobody is going there.”

So.. he’s not really talking specifically about the bubble. He’s a douche just like Kuzma and that’s the reason I’ll root for every small market team 100% of the time I watch the travesty that is NBA basketball.

That's just reality tho, epsecially for team that has "sucessful half brother" Miami Heat near by.

It sucks. Only way how to build small market team is to land loyal superstar. Basically some conservative family guy who disslikes bright lights of TMZ but is not afraid to shine through pressure of high stake basketball games. Basically you need Jokic or Giannis :lol:
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Post#1469 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:06 am

Anti Chalmers wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

I would find another team to root for if we give up pieces and trade for Kemba.

I think Cliff can guide our young team and instill good habits for them. However, if we do that bonheaded mive just to appease Cliff, id be the first to give him the boot.

Only way id tske Kemba is if Tatum was attached.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,918

Post#1470 » by drsd » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:22 am

Orlando needs a long-term 2-guard. Walker has nothing to do with the growth this Magic team need to find.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#1471 » by jonbob17 » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:13 pm

tiderulz wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

no, he is not the best player in the league right now

He’s solidly in the conversation. Depending on what attributes you value a case can be made.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#1472 » by Blue_and_Whte » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:44 pm

MagicMatic wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:
Skybox wrote:

That bitch came from Akron effing Ohio... Fake activist mother ****.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,958

Post#1473 » by MagicMatic » Fri Jun 4, 2021 7:52 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
MagicMatic wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:

That bitch came from Akron effing Ohio... Fake activist mother ****.

I tend not to take opinions seriously from perpetually balding fake oppressed narcissistic activists.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,719

Post#1474 » by basketballRob » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:50 pm

Wasn't it yesterday we were talking about how loyal Lillard is?

Read on Twitter
?s=19

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,828

Post#1475 » by RookieStar » Fri Jun 4, 2021 11:18 pm

basketballRob wrote:Wasn't it yesterday we were talking about how loyal Lillard is?

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I kinda want to refer you to he "around the league thread" where I kinda retracted and discussed this topic lol
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1476 » by MagicTownBaller » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:39 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:OK!!!! Not sure if there are any anime fans out there.... but there is an Anime call Kuroku's Basketball .... first two seasons on netflix.... Though extreme.... I believe this should be everyone on our teams summer homework. It's super entertaining and discusses everything on a level of bball that is actually kinda relatable and in my opinion translatable to players on our team.

Binge watching right now. :D

I watched it as it was first coming out in Sub years ago. One of my favorite anime's of all time and it is very well done. The English dub is pretty well done too.

Also, everyone mentioning Haikyuu, that one is really good too.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#1477 » by yoyojw17 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:52 am

MagicTownBaller wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:OK!!!! Not sure if there are any anime fans out there.... but there is an Anime call Kuroku's Basketball .... first two seasons on netflix.... Though extreme.... I believe this should be everyone on our teams summer homework. It's super entertaining and discusses everything on a level of bball that is actually kinda relatable and in my opinion translatable to players on our team.

I watched it as it was first coming out in Sub years ago. One of my favorite anime's of all time and it is very well done. The English dub is pretty well done too.

i see you're a one piece fan too! my #1
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,296

Post#1478 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:59 am

This playoffs has really shown us that Offense beats Defense in the modern NBA.
If you have enough shooting, pull-up shooting, and ball movement; there’s simply no scheme, nor enough length in the world to defend it.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#1479 » by MagicTownBaller » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:10 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:

Of course lol, One Piece is one of my favorite anime's. So far nothing has topped Yu Yu Hakusho for me but One Piece is coming close.
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,092

Post#1480 » by yoyojw17 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:23 pm

MagicTownBaller wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:I watched it as it was first coming out in Sub years ago. One of my favorite anime's of all time and it is very well done. The English dub is pretty well done too.

Of course lol, One Piece is one of my favorite anime's. So far nothing has topped Yu Yu Hakusho for me but One Piece is coming close.

Thanks for making me wanna rewatch that one. there goes the rest of my day! lol

Return to Orlando Magic