ImageImageImageImage

Would the Trail Blazers trade Lillard?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,399

Re: Would the Trail Blazers trade Lillard? 

Post#21 » by Bensational » Sun Jun 6, 2021 2:02 am

Portland has to move everything else first to try to appease Dame, IMO, but they can’t make shortsighted moves as they do so.

They need to finally move CJ and find Dame a #2, and fix their front court. They also need to get back to being a defensive minded team.

If I’m them, I’m trying to recruit the likes of Griffin or LMA for cheap, give Cousins a run for cheap. Not sure who they could get for CJ, but beyond a 2nd star they should also be targeting the likes of Duncan Robinson.

But they also need to add some decent youth so if Dame bails they’ve got something of a new foundation to start working with. Should’ve kept Trent Jr in that regard. They should keep developing Simons.

But all up there’s no real partnership with the Magic in those moves I don’t think.
CZ Eddie
Starter
And1: 736

Post#22 » by CZ Eddie » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:29 pm

It concerns me that an outsider apparently thinks New York has better/more assets than Orlando.
Keep your politics out of my sports
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,273

Post#23 » by pepe1991 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:30 pm

Bensational wrote:Portland has to move everything else first to try to appease Dame, IMO, but they can’t make shortsighted moves as they do so.

They need to finally move CJ and find Dame a #2, and fix their front court. They also need to get back to being a defensive minded team.

If I’m them, I’m trying to recruit the likes of Griffin or LMA for cheap, give Cousins a run for cheap. Not sure who they could get for CJ, but beyond a 2nd star they should also be targeting the likes of Duncan Robinson.

But they also need to add some decent youth so if Dame bails they’ve got something of a new foundation to start working with. Should’ve kept Trent Jr in that regard. They should keep developing Simons.

But all up there’s no real partnership with the Magic in those moves I don’t think.

Blazers front office is one of worst in nba when it comes to making moves& having logical roster.

Their complete lack of sense of logic and inability to understand Blazers problems is beyond me and probably anybody who watches nba outside 1 team.
They have 3 starters smaller than 6'4 with completley wrongly ulitized Covington and 2 centers who don't defend rim.

It's disaster roster. And disaster happend in playoffs. They had one of hottest hands in nba playoffs in years and went home after first round.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
ORLMagicGirl15
RealGM
And1: 3,679

Post#24 » by ORLMagicGirl15 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:13 pm

Not to us.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.-John 3:16

Go Magic, Go Dwight, Go Vuc, Go Paolo, Go Keegan :)
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#25 » by jonbob17 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:57 am

Why? Because he will be a 31 year old that's owed $196M over the next 4 years. They won't move him. They should have moved McCollum before last season. They just can't build a team around two 6'2" offense only guards whose remaining salary combined averages $80M a year.

If they can move off CJ's salary they should, but they need someone on the wing, and they need Nurkic to be good. I can't imagine them trading Lillard unless he forces the issue, but I also can't imagine them being a contender again with the current core. Really feels like the year they made it to the western conference finals was the outlier. More of a team built for the regular season. Which is fine. I'd trade spots with them, having a talent like Lillard has got to be a lot of fun.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#26 » by basketballRob » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:59 am

jonbob17 wrote:Why? Because he will be a 31 year old that's owed $196M over the next 4 years. They won't move him. They should have moved McCollum before last season. They just can't build a team around two 6'2" offense only guards whose remaining salary combined averages $80M a year.

If they can move off CJ's salary they should, but they need someone on the wing, and they need Nurkic to be good. I can't imagine them trading Lillard unless he forces the issue, but I also can't imagine them being a contender again with the current core. Really feels like the year they made it to the western conference finals was the outlier. More of a team built for the regular season. Which is fine. I'd trade spots with them, having a talent like Lillard has got to be a lot of fun.
They should completely blow it up. Someone will trade for Lillard.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic