ImageImageImageImageImage

Lowry trending on twitter

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,678

Re: Lowry trending on twitter 

Post#81 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Fri Jun 4, 2021 8:54 pm

He's not worth what the Raptors are asking, but we all want him.

He's just getting mentioned because teams are getting eliminated.
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#82 » by Skeezo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 9:33 pm

ciueli wrote:
Skeezo wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how any of this helps us...

Does seeing the teams that passed on Lowry eliminated from the playoffs make me feel any better that we are still likely to lose Lowry for nothing this offseason? Not really...

What's the point in trading Lowry for something if it's a useless something that doesn't improve the team? I do not understand this mentality, "I'd rather have bad players or bad contracts in return for our star than lose him for nothing." Masai didn't trade Kyle because there was no point because none of the teams that wanted him were offering anything beyond bad players on bad contracts.

I'm not going to rehash what has been discussed ad nauseam regarding what was on the table for the Raptors or not... Some people like to believe there was nothing but 2nd Rd picks and filler offered for Lowry, others like to believe there was at least a decent prospect and a 1st offered for Lowry. We will leave it at that.
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#83 » by ciueli » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:13 pm

Skeezo wrote:
ciueli wrote:
Skeezo wrote:To be honest, I'm not sure how any of this helps us...

Does seeing the teams that passed on Lowry eliminated from the playoffs make me feel any better that we are still likely to lose Lowry for nothing this offseason? Not really...

What's the point in trading Lowry for something if it's a useless something that doesn't improve the team? I do not understand this mentality, "I'd rather have bad players or bad contracts in return for our star than lose him for nothing." Masai didn't trade Kyle because there was no point because none of the teams that wanted him were offering anything beyond bad players on bad contracts.

I'm not going to rehash what has been discussed ad nauseam regarding what was on the table for the Raptors or not... Some people like to believe there was nothing but 2nd Rd picks and filler offered for Lowry, others like to believe there was at least a decent prospect and a 1st offered for Lowry. We will leave it at that.

I guess you either believe the rumors and trust that Masai made the right call, or you just want to believe that there was something out there with no verifiable proof.
Skeezo
Analyst
And1: 2,737

Post#84 » by Skeezo » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:43 pm

ciueli wrote:
Skeezo wrote:
ciueli wrote:

I guess you either believe the rumors and trust that Masai made the right call, or you just want to believe that there was something out there with no verifiable proof.

Just curious, how are "rumours" any different from "something out there with no verifiable proof?" ... Both sides are "speculating" upon whatever reports they choose to pay attention to in the media. For me, I refuse to believe that the 76ers would be considered in "serious discussions" by any media outlet or Masai while only offering 2nd Rd picks and filler for K.Lowry.
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#85 » by ciueli » Fri Jun 4, 2021 10:59 pm

Skeezo wrote:
ciueli wrote:
Skeezo wrote:

Just curious, how are "rumours" any different from "something out there with no verifiable proof?" ... Both sides are "speculating" upon whatever reports they choose to pay attention to in the media. For me, I refuse to believe that the 76ers would be considered in "serious discussions" by any media outlet or Masai while only offering 2nd Rd picks and filler for K.Lowry.

Do you have any rumor posted by a credible source that there was anything substantial offered by any of Philly/Miami/LAL? I the answer is no, then I don't understand why this is a discussion.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,604

Post#86 » by Scott Hall » Sat Jun 5, 2021 3:21 am

I'd rather have the cap space then take back a bad contract and some of the junk that was offered
bluerap23
Head Coach
And1: 6,523

Post#87 » by bluerap23 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:36 pm

Steelo Green wrote:It’s odd people are talking about selling the farm as a bad decision when they think the Raptors are a piece away.

Difference between the Raptors and the Lakers is they had Lebron and all those assets they traded to get AD were more valuable than anything the Raptors have to offer, and such a trade would decimate the Raptors. You’re not pairing X superstar with Lebron.

I wasn't saying that. I was pointing out that our path to chip was way better, yet somehow you are impressed with how they did it but always critical of how we did it.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,273

Post#88 » by Jstock12 » Sat Jun 5, 2021 12:43 pm

Glad Masai didn't bend over. Lakers can suck it. They have achieved as much as the Raptors this season (actually less considering they won't have as good of a draft pick).
ImaBeatDatAzz
Analyst
And1: 4,097

Post#89 » by ImaBeatDatAzz » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:34 pm

are sixers actually going to struggle against the hawks? lol makes this whole situation even more satisfying
114-110... "Curry lets it fly...CANADA THE NBA TITLE IS YOURS."
agentzero2010
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,686

Post#90 » by agentzero2010 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:50 pm

Hindsight is always 20/20 but Lakers bulking on Lowry because of THT is truly idiotic. Lowry is not a pretty player but he's exactly the pitbull, hard-nosed player that LeBron and AD needs in the backcourt. Now they have a pissed off Shroeder, a disgruntled Harrell and a historical first round exit for LeBron. Why not milk every single last drop of Lebron's prime rather than trying to protect a future that's guaranteed to be disappointing without LeBron.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#91 » by anotherhomer » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:36 pm

Raptors and Ujiri come out looking pretty good in this situation.

In fact for Ujiri, this actually increases his negotiating ploy, because he shows he can play guide organizations through these high-stake poker games, that make or break organizations.

He's done it many times
- the Carmelo trade
- the Derozan trade
- now the non-Lowry trade
agkagk
Analyst
And1: 1,874

Post#92 » by agkagk » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:13 pm

Def Leppard wrote:I have said it before, these negotiations from last deadline will pay off in future years

Sent from my SM-G981W using RealGM mobile app

Ya for Lowry.

His contract negotiations basically cost us all of our leverage
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#93 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:19 pm

My dream was that we could get Terance Mann + their 2021 pick (along with Z and P. Bev) from the Clippers in a sign and trade for Lowry. Mann looked good in the game against us a few weeks ago.

But that ship has sailed. They're not giving Mann up now.
t54zhao
Junior
And1: 579

Post#94 » by t54zhao » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:27 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:My dream was that we could get Terance Mann + their 2021 pick (along with Z and P. Bev) from the Clippers in a sign and trade for Lowry. Mann looked good in the game against us a few weeks ago.

If they fall short again this year, we might still be able to get that package or similar
My challenge to the Vaccine truthers, make a prediction and sig it.
Mine: In 2023, rates of heart attacks & strokes amongst vaccinated people, never infected with COVID will be similar (+-5%) when compared to people of same age in 2018.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Post#95 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:52 am

t54zhao wrote:
tecumseh18 wrote:My dream was that we could get Terance Mann + their 2021 pick (along with Z and P. Bev) from the Clippers in a sign and trade for Lowry. Mann looked good in the game against us a few weeks ago.

If they fall short again this year, we might still be able to get that package or similar

We're not getting anything of value back in a S&T.
anotherhomer
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,965

Post#96 » by anotherhomer » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:50 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
t54zhao wrote:

don't underestimate Ujiri's ability to drive a hard bargain, and not be afraid to walk away when he needs to
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,127

Post#97 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Mon Jun 7, 2021 4:13 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
t54zhao wrote:

against the clips? they don't have any capspace and certainly Raps wont' take on their crap just to accomodate the clippers(especially the clippers)
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,832

Post#98 » by OAKLEY_2 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:28 am

The only motivation for the team acquiring
Lowry is us exchanging cap space. Why would we fill our roster with offloaded salary unless we get an FRP and prospect back? S+T is mostly a waste of time effort and flexibility. So I could see Porz, an FRP plus prospect but Mia and Philly have nothing for us in any deal.
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Post#99 » by Def Leppard » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:37 pm

For him for sure. But not in future trade talks Bobby and Masai have with those GM's. Ya know what I mean?
agkagk wrote:
Def Leppard wrote:I have said it before, these negotiations from last deadline will pay off in future years

Ya for Lowry.

His contract negotiations basically cost us all of our leverage

"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"
Def Leppard
Analyst
And1: 2,217

Post#100 » by Def Leppard » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:38 pm

That's an interesting tid bit for sure
tecumseh18 wrote:

Also, Clips and Lakers now have their 2021 draft picks (around #22 or #25) to throw into the mix. That wasn't the case at the deadline.

But would Clippers give up their pick before knowing for sure if Kawhi is re-signing?

"Rise up, gather round, rock this place, to the ground"

Return to Toronto Raptors