Image ImageImage Image

Dennis Schroder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Dennis Schroder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#1 » by JimmyJammer » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:21 pm

The market for PG will obviously be Saturated, but are they good enough to start over Coby White and move the needle? Lonzo Ball is a tease. Cameron is playing hard not to go learn German. Reggie Jackson has been balling, but he can't stay healthy. Schroeder just took a gamble and lost, for no team in their right mind will go above 15 mil to sign him after that 0pt playoffs game. Magic Johnson has publicly come out and stated he is not a Laker. Would Kyle Lowry be attractive to you at 25mil per, considering his age and all the parts that have to be moved to get that money? I'll leave it up to you to figure out. Dinwiddie is just coming off a serious injury, with career 31% 3ptfg.

Honorable mentions: Derrick Rose
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#2 » by Andi Obst » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:26 pm

Reggie Jackson?

REGGIE JACKSON?!

Only guys I‘d consider are Ball (depends on the money) and Lowry, who won’t come here.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#3 » by kodo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 4:57 pm

Why would Lowry want to come to Chicago?
PlayerUp
Analyst
And1: 1,847

Post#4 » by PlayerUp » Sun Jun 6, 2021 5:51 pm

Lowry wont come here and the only one on that list above that would help maybe Lonzo if he can further develop.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Post#6 » by ChettheJet » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:41 pm

That list doesn't saturate the field.

Dinwiddie if he comes at a very reasonable price might be more aggressive that Satoransky but I don't see how he's a major upgrade over White. White could improve Dinwiddie if healthy is what he is. Schroeder is more of a scorer and less of a distributor, he's not going to change. I don't care if he didn't score at all in the playoffs, if he were to get us to the playoffs he could go scoreless and I'd be 5 years happy. Reggie Jackson is 75 years old, retired from MLB and in the Hall of Fame, that's the only Reggie I'd consider. Payne looked great as a backup to Chris Paul, if we got CP3 that's the only way I take Payne. Fools get caught up thinking guys will blossom if they start after excelling off the bench. Lowery would have to shock everyone and sign here.

At this point Ball and Paul are the top line possibilities. A real hail Mary would be John Wall if HOU wants to take back all the expiring contracts. Just about everybody else is a gamble that they start and remove any doubt that they're keeping White as the 6th man.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#7 » by DuckIII » Sun Jun 6, 2021 6:45 pm

The PG field isn’t saturated. It stinks.

Anyway, Lonzo and only Lonzo.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#8 » by The Force. » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:10 pm

This PG market is absolutely putrid. Dinwiddie is the only decent option both money and skill wise, and even that's a stretch.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#9 » by Am2626 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:30 pm

The Force. wrote:This PG market is absolutely putrid. Dinwiddie is the only decent option both money and skill wise, and even that's a stretch.

The 2 best FA PG aren’t even on this list. That would be CP3 and Conley Jr.
Southpaw
Sixth Man
And1: 763

Post#10 » by Southpaw » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:33 pm

Ball is the most realistic option but I'm not sure he moves the needle much. CP3 or Lowry would be heaven sent but unrealistic. Rubio is a decent target but the hope is he's closer to his lone season in PHX than this last one in Minny.
nitetrain8603
RealGM
And1: 1,692

Post#11 » by nitetrain8603 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:35 pm

Dinwiddie is going to be overpaid by somebody. Ironically, I think his best fit is Miami or LAC. Reggie Jackson is a good backup, but that's it. He has a 10 cent head on the court sometimes. Ball wouldn't be bad, but, he will be overpaid by somebody. If the playoffs are what we are aiming for, and those are the only options, I'm taking Lowry on a shorter term deal.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#12 » by sco » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:40 pm

My order:

Ball
Smart (via trade - saw a rumor that BOS would likely move on from him and Kemba...too lazy to look for it)
Lowry - I expect someone like NY to get him
Rose (using MLE - he may be gettable if NY gets Ball or Lowry)

BIG GAP
Schroeder - inefficient scorer, mediocre play maker, but did well under Billy's system
McConnell - not a great scorer, but ok playmaker and elite defender against quick PG's - good pairing with Zach (gettable for MLE)

GAP
Payne - looks better as CP3 understudy. it worked for SGA.
Dinwiddie - decent scorer, not much of a playmaker, big injury risk

GAP
Stick with Sato/White
:clap:
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#13 » by kodo » Sun Jun 6, 2021 7:58 pm

Lowry to NY might be good for Chicago, because Ball wanted to be in either NY or CHI. So that would make CHI's starting PG spot a clear cut decision for Ball.

It also seems that Ball is the exact opposite of the kind of point guard Thibs likes, an instant offense self-sufficient off the dribble scorer. Ball is nothing like Rose.

Another likely option is Lillard to NY, making them no longer interested in Lowry or Ball.
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,949

Post#14 » by Chi town » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:20 pm

How many PG threads are we going to have before FA begins?
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#15 » by CobyWhite0 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:28 pm

Chi town wrote:How many PG threads are we going to have before FA begins?

The over/under is 6.5
CaPiTanAK
Pro Prospect
And1: 435

Post#16 » by CaPiTanAK » Sun Jun 6, 2021 8:57 pm

Give me Lonzo Ball at 22-26 mil per year.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 643

Post#18 » by Rose2Boozer » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:05 pm

None of the above.

Coby White and sign Elfrid Payton to a cheap backup deal.

The Bulls should steal Burks and Payton for the Knicks.
ROLES & HOLES
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Post#19 » by Leslie Forman » Sun Jun 6, 2021 9:31 pm

Jalen Suggs or Cade Cunningham pls k thnx
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,494

Post#20 » by dice » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:28 pm

anybody but schroeder
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged

Return to Chicago Bulls