Image ImageImage Image

Dennis Schroder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#21 » by BullChit » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:36 pm

kodo wrote:Why would Lowry want to come to Chicago?
AK to talk up how he can have a CP3 level impact and will help his Hall of Fame pitch?

Yeah.... I got nothing... But still Lowry would be my number one "realistic" pick...

So Lonzo overpaid is better than Schroeder at any pay?

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
bulls_troy
General Manager
And1: 270

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#22 » by bulls_troy » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:46 pm

Dame Dolla.

Ok ill come back to reality now..
Twitter: @bulls_troy
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,133

Post#23 » by HomoSapien » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:52 pm

If the Coby White we saw at the end of the season is the Coby White we'll see next season, then he's the best option.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#24 » by Red8911 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 10:58 pm

Lowry or Derozen should be top choices. If not then look to upgrade through trades.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,193

Post#25 » by Red8911 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:04 pm

HomoSapien wrote:If the Coby White we saw at the end of the season is the Coby White we'll see next season, then he's the best option.

I agree Coby is actually a really good fit with this starting lineup. That’s why I think Derozen would be someone to target, not a traditional PG. Vuc, Zach, and Derozen would control the game and Coby could focus on his strengths.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#26 » by CobyWhite0 » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:07 pm

DuckIII wrote:The PG field isn’t saturated. It stinks.

Anyway, Lonzo and only Lonzo.

If something is saturated with dog crap, it's still saturated, right? ;)

On that list, it's Lonzo and only Lonzo. Vuc was an opportunity trade, but the rest of our core is Zach who just turned 26, Coby who's 21, and the turning-20-in-August 4th overall pick in the 2020 NBA draft. Schroeder and Dinwiddie don't play defense, Cam isn't a starter in this league, and Lowry and Jackson are too old.

Ron Harper would be the perfect fit, but since he's a little too old, Lonzo seems to be the only logical choice.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,622

Post#27 » by dougthonus » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:11 pm

Said it before Aminu + Arci for Rubio in a trade, throw in some cash if need be. Timberwolves don't need Rubio and save 10M in cash if we send money. Bulls get Rubio whom only has one year left on his deal and can maintain their position to enter next off season with LaVine, Vuc, Pat, Coby, and 42M in cap room to sign a star to a 10 year vet max with Beal/Kawhi potentially on the market and possibly looking for better teammates depending what happens in the playoffs for the Clips, and certainly Beal loves Donovan and the Wiz are unlikely to be on an upward trajectory.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#28 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:28 pm

dice wrote:anybody but schroeder

I’m on this list. Anyone but him. Plus he will want 4/100... I’d rather roll the dice on Ball at that money even if it fails horribly.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#29 » by Michael Jackson » Sun Jun 6, 2021 11:29 pm

dougthonus wrote:Said it before Aminu + Arci for Rubio in a trade, throw in some cash if need be. Timberwolves don't need Rubio and save 10M in cash if we send money. Bulls get Rubio whom only has one year left on his deal and can maintain their position to enter next off season with LaVine, Vuc, Pat, Coby, and 42M in cap room to sign a star to a 10 year vet max with Beal/Kawhi potentially on the market and possibly looking for better teammates depending what happens in the playoffs for the Clips, and certainly Beal loves Donovan and the Wiz are unlikely to be on an upward trajectory.

Would you do Ricky and go after Ball too?
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#30 » by CobyWhite0 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:03 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
dougthonus wrote:Said it before Aminu + Arci for Rubio in a trade, throw in some cash if need be. Timberwolves don't need Rubio and save 10M in cash if we send money. Bulls get Rubio whom only has one year left on his deal and can maintain their position to enter next off season with LaVine, Vuc, Pat, Coby, and 42M in cap room to sign a star to a 10 year vet max with Beal/Kawhi potentially on the market and possibly looking for better teammates depending what happens in the playoffs for the Clips, and certainly Beal loves Donovan and the Wiz are unlikely to be on an upward trajectory.

You would have to hope that the Pels think Thad would be the perfect mentor to Zion - and if Lonzo would sign a 4/83 deal, we could trade Thad for him in a S&T.
Salo23
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#31 » by Salo23 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:22 am

I’m leaning towards something like this, where we go for a one year stop-gap to improve the team in the short term and maintain cap space for next offseason.

I’d also offer Daniel Theiss a massive one year overpay (e.g Kentavious Caldwell Pope) in hopes of matching his salary for a potential deal at the next trade deadline, while also improving our short term playoff push. We also keep Thad/Sato as expiring deals and contributors off the bench.
We are missing a lot of layups right now as a team, and that is on me... It’s my job to make sure we’re ready to make our layups." - Thibodeau.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,871

Post#32 » by Wingy » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:31 am

I don’t care much about a specific player from this group. To me, it’s whoever is willing to take a short term contract for their utterly meh-diocre play... cause that’s about all we’ll get from this group.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#33 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:52 am

Wingy wrote:I don’t care much about a specific player from this group. To me, it’s whoever is willing to take a short term contract for their utterly meh-diocre play... cause that’s about all we’ll get from this group.

You are looking simply for a player to help the other players live up to potential. Just an improvement, not a savior because their is t a savior in the group. Now I’m praying for a Hawks sweep so we can get Ben Simmons in the offseason lol. He would be the best answer although that’s never happening.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,131

Post#34 » by League Circles » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:57 am

HomoSapien wrote:If the Coby White we saw at the end of the season is the Coby White we'll see next season, then he's the best option.

Agreed. That's why we need to choose someone that, even if they end up playing a lesser role due to the further emergence of White, will still be effective and contribute. We need to pick someone with complementary skills.

Lowry or Paul are pretty ideal but I think both will deteriorate quickly.

I'm actually really not married to prioritizing a PG because I feel like we can get someone decent with the room MLE if needed or make due with Coby and Sato. Maybe draft a PG in round 2. Maybe even stay above the cap and get someone like Rose or Dragic with the MLE.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,124

Post#35 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:58 am

This is my thinking too...we could spend 20some mil a year for lonzo or spend it on a proper 3/4. Suppose we’ll see if the front office has faith in Coby to, not only play like he did to finish the year, but to improve his game further. Seems plausible but I still think this team needs a playmaker, it just doesn’t need to be at the 1 spot necessarily.
Wingy
RealGM
And1: 4,871

Post#36 » by Wingy » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:58 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
Wingy wrote:I don’t care much about a specific player from this group. To me, it’s whoever is willing to take a short term contract for their utterly meh-diocre play... cause that’s about all we’ll get from this group.

You are looking simply for a player to help the other players live up to potential. Just an improvement, not a savior because their is t a savior in the group. Now I’m praying for a Hawks sweep so we can get Ben Simmons in the offseason lol. He would be the best answer although that’s never happening.

I’m not against that, and we can have both. We don’t need to commit long-term contracts to such a player since there are a lot of players every year who are simply an improvement over our current PG rotation.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,798

Post#37 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:59 am

Am2626 wrote:
The Force. wrote:This PG market is absolutely putrid. Dinwiddie is the only decent option both money and skill wise, and even that's a stretch.

The 2 best FA PG aren’t even on this list. That would be CP3 and Conley Jr.

Maybe I have subconsciously come to terms with the fact that they are not leaving their situation to come play for us.
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant

Post#38 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:07 am

dice wrote:anybody but schroeder

Yep, he did himself real bad in that series vs the Suns. Did you see how quickly after the end of the season he said he would come back to play for the Lakers, lol ? The only problem is the Lakers won't put that contract on the table for him to sign anymore. He declined to sign a 4-year 84 mil from what I have heard. Donovan had some success with him in OKC, so he'll definitely be an option for us.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,622

Post#39 » by dougthonus » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:14 am

Michael Jackson wrote:

No, my plan with this would be that you have cap room. If you're going to spend money, no reason to really add Rubio.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
JimmyJammer
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by JimmyJammer » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:14 am

BullChit wrote:
kodo wrote:Why would Lowry want to come to Chicago?
AK to talk up how he can have a CP3 level impact and will help his Hall of Fame pitch?

Yeah.... I got nothing... But still Lowry would be my number one "realistic" pick...

So Lonzo overpaid is better than Schroeder at any pay?

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

At Lowry's age, he might have difficulty getting any contract for more than two years, which is where we might be able to strike that deal. I say 3 years 60 mil, with 40 mil guaranteed for the first two years and partially guaranteed for the last year. I like that option because Lowry is a veteran PG who can play ahead of Coby White without worrying about him stunting his growth and development. He would also be that vocal leader we so desperately need.

Return to Chicago Bulls