Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread # 3

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,902

Re: NBA Trade Thread # 3 

Post#1961 » by ChettheJet » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:30 pm

As the time to see who will actually be available gets down to the wire the more I am warming up to Wall despite his contract. As I see it the expiring contracts of Young, Satoransky, Aminu and taking the option on Arcidiacono gives you $37M to Wall's $41M. And oddly enough they help HOU field a respectable team for the one year. It would require the #19 or #24 pick coming with Wall. With Wall you know what you're getting and leaving a tanking team for one with two other stars figures to up his game from what he's done the last 2 years. I just think that's better than paying Lonzo Ball half that for a guy that helps but doesn't really make for a big 3.

But he's not the only move that needs to be made. They obviously can't draft their way forward, even if they get a pick from HOU. The Markkanen decision needs to be made. Part of the thinking might have been getting a PG back in that deal but if they get Wall that would mean they could get back a 2,3,4,5 which opens up the potential benefits. Whatever they end up with you have to hope finding room to resign Theis really makes them better. White and Brown, resigning Temple and Javonte Green would give them a good bench to not have to count on any potential late FRP or their 2nd round pick for many minutes
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#1962 » by kodo » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:44 pm

Little Nathan wrote:Is there any reliable source saying that Boston is looking to deal Smart? Makes no sense to me.

There's no reliable source like Woj or Shams saying anything.

This is more assumption, because
- Ainge said they're keeping Tatum (obviously)
- Ainge said they're keeping Brown
- nobody wants Kemba's terrible contract, most people think they would have to give things away to trade it
- Marcus Smart is valuable
- Fournier is a UFA
- nobody else on the Celtics is valuable (Robert Williams is nice, but not getting an all-star back)

So people don't see how major changes are happening if Smart is untouchable.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#1963 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:48 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Tried listening to the Rusillo podcast with Simmons and Jackie as they all wept about Ainge leaving, he’s underrated, blah blah blah.

They did joke about how’d they’d expect Smart to be gone. And wouldn’t be surprised if the only two guys on the team next year were Brown and Tatum from this roster.

I’ve had my Robert Williams hardon for a while now. Wonder if there is a way to get Smart and Williams here. Talk about a defensive upgrade and good fit.

As someone who's seen a lot of Celtics games the past 3 years, I'm not overly excited about Time Lord. He's the kind of player who can look really impressive from time to time, but over the long haul, he's not much more than a 15 min per game player. Very limited offensively, and not that good on defense to make up for it.
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#1964 » by Dresden » Mon Jun 7, 2021 6:55 pm

jordanwilliams6 wrote:I think we need to look at the Suns and how they’ve built a roster around Booker to make him succeed. They picked up a veteran stabilisation presence in CP3, and surrounded them with athletic shooting wing defenders in Bridges, Crowder & Johnson.

I’d go after Lowry for that reason and it solves a lot of our defensive issues at the guard spots. If we can’t resign Theis, I’d be monitoring the Blazers situation and if they blow it up and I’d like to add Covington. RoCo & Williams would be a good defensive pairing in the frontcourt next to Vuc.

A lineup of Lowry/Zach/PWill/RoCo/Vuc has the potential to do some damage and could be a really good defensive team IMO.

For those who know more about the cap, can we pick up those two without giving away major trade assets? They both shouldn’t be that expensive in terms of trade assets I feel. Can we sign Lowry to a 3/60 deal and S&T Lauri for RoCo if the Blazers decide to rebuild and gut the roster?

Hawks have pretty much done the same thing around Trae Young- surround him with shooters. that's the name of the game in the nba, and has been for awhile now. The Bulls are moving in that direction, with both PWill and Coby being decent three point shooters, along with Vuc. Just need to keep adding more versatile wings and big who can shoot and defend.
Louri
Senior
And1: 351

Post#1965 » by Louri » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:44 pm

"Larry Nance Jr is better than Lauri Markkanen" -RealGM 2021
erasmusmrr
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#1966 » by erasmusmrr » Tue Jun 8, 2021 8:47 pm

Salary dump Porzingas?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#1967 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:45 pm

erasmusmrr wrote:Salary dump Porzingas?

Very likely KP is on the move, it isn't good in Dallas right now with him. Really he might effect Lauri's market if he is available... or vice versa
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1968 » by sco » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:35 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:

Very likely KP is on the move, it isn't good in Dallas right now with him. Really he might effect Lauri's market if he is available... or vice versa

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/kristaps-porzingis-rumors-mavericks-trade-wont-be-easy/

I might be swayed to do a deal like White/Thad/Sato for KP/Brunson.
:clap:
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1969 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:10 pm

sco wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/08/kristaps-porzingis-rumors-mavericks-trade-wont-be-easy/

I'd rather have Lauri than KP and I don't want Lauri. I can't watch KP without fear of watching him break apart in pieces. I would have more anxiety about him than Derrick Rose after a second knee operation. He likes strip clubs... send him to Atalanta!
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#1970 » by MrSparkle » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:27 pm

IMO the thing that'll happen is a bad contract swap. That Porzingis/Dallas relationship seems broken, but he's in this tier of player-value. Better gamble/ceiling though:

Kemba
Westbrook
Wall
Love (uh probably no thanks)
Horford (chemistry)
Wiggins
McCollum (with some combo of sweets: Brunson, Burke, Richardson)

If I were DAL, I'd try for McCollum; maybe throw in a future FRP. They need a scoring guard to take some pressure off Luka. They should also offer Goran the full MLE.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1971 » by Almost Retired » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:16 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
sco wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I'd rather have Lauri than KP and I don't want Lauri. I can't watch KP without fear of watching him break apart in pieces. I would have more anxiety about him than Derrick Rose after a second knee operation. He likes strip clubs... send him to Atalanta!

KP should be avoided for many reasons. He's serially disgruntled. He forced his way out of New York and now wants out in Dallas. His skills are diminishing quickly. And his salary is way out of line with his production. I don't have the exact figures but I think he's getting around $32 Million next year and about $35 Million the year after that. I'd avoid him like the plague. He is such an albatross for Dallas they would do almost anything to get rid of that salary hit. His presence handcuffs their chances to land any FA talent. And Luka is going to get the Supermax. Which means if Dallas can't dump KP before then in the 2022-2023 Season they will be dishing out about $75 Million a year for 2 players...Luka and KP.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,725

Post#1972 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:17 pm

Boston absolutely should move Smart. He and Kemba are badly overpaid.
TheHrvReport
Bench Warmer
And1: 798

Post#1973 » by TheHrvReport » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:00 pm

No thanks on Smart. 13/3/5 guy shooting not even 40% from the field on an overpaid contract is not going to get us anywhere.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1974 » by sco » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:08 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:Boston absolutely should move Smart. He and Kemba are badly overpaid.

I like Smart and think he may be our best option, assuming we don't need to give up much. He has one year left at $14M.

TheHrvReport wrote:No thanks on Smart. 13/3/5 guy shooting not even 40% from the field on an overpaid contract is not going to get us anywhere.

His shooting isn't ideal, but in 45 games, as a starter this season, he's averaging 6asts with 2TO's. I've watched his playmaking and it's actually very good. His 3pt shooting is 33% on 6 attempts. All that is to say, IMO, he isn't an offensive liability, WHILE BEING A DEFENSIVE BEAST. Which is what we could really use.
:clap:
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#1975 » by gobullschi » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:16 pm

Just throwing out an unconventional trade proposal based on the idea of keeping Markkanen on the Bulls long-term. What if the Bulls moved Vucevic & Sato for Porzingis, Brunson, & Green?

Brunson is a Chicago guy who could run point guard, Green gives the Bulls some needed depth at wing, & Porzingis brings some more rim protection and matches up with the Bull’s timeline (age) better than Vucevic (31).

Going the younger route lines up better with guys like LeBron, Durant, Harden, & Curry getting older.

Jalen Brunson / Coby White
Zach LaVine / Troy Brown Jr.
Patrick Williams / Josh Green / Al-Farouq Aminu
Lauri Markkanen / Thaddeus Young
Kristaps Porzingis / Daniel Theis
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1976 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:55 pm

Smart at 14M is a no brainer for me.. he is very good defender and solid PG. He aint overpaid in these NBA modern times anymore.

HELL NOOO for KP coming here.. Tbh here is very poorly used in Dallas, for sure he can play better, but I still dont want him.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1977 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:52 pm

gobullschi wrote:Just throwing out an unconventional trade proposal based on the idea of keeping Markkanen on the Bulls long-term. What if the Bulls moved Vucevic & Sato for Porzingis, Brunson, & Green?

Brunson is a Chicago guy who could run point guard, Green gives the Bulls some needed depth at wing, & Porzingis brings some more rim protection and matches up with the Bull’s timeline (age) better than Vucevic (31).

Going the younger route lines up better with guys like LeBron, Durant, Harden, & Curry getting older.

I’m not a Vuc fan but he seems like a cool drink of water in the desert compared to KP. He is also a hugely untraceable contract which Vuc isn’t. Brunson is not worth taking that on in any way shape or form.
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1978 » by gobullschi » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:24 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
gobullschi wrote:Just throwing out an unconventional trade proposal based on the idea of keeping Markkanen on the Bulls long-term. What if the Bulls moved Vucevic & Sato for Porzingis, Brunson, & Green?

I’m not a Vuc fan but he seems like a cool drink of water in the desert compared to KP. He is also a hugely untraceable contract which Vuc isn’t. Brunson is not worth taking that on in any way shape or form.

The hate Porzingis is getting is WAY overblown. We’re talking about a 7’3 center that can do it all - at 25 years old. There is no doubt - Vucevic is more talented and has a cleaner medical report, but at 31 years old, how many good years does he have left? Maybe 3-4 years?

Are the Bulls going to beat the Brooklyn Nets over the next 3-4 years? Meh. Fast-forward a couple years and the current stars will be out of the league and the Bulls will be able to ship out multiple firsts again to find their third star next to KP and LaVine. (Maybe by then the Paw will develop)

I doubt the Bulls make this type of trade, but these KP trade proposals (for expirings) are ludicrous. No way Dallas does something like that. Why would they?

This deal makes sense for the Bulls if they can’t find a way to add a third piece for the upcoming season. It creates a larger contention window right when the power teams fall off. What other teams would be as set as the Bulls in 3-4 years?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#1979 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:36 pm

gobullschi wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

The hate Porzingis is getting is WAY overblown. We’re talking about a 7’3 center that can do it all - at 25 years old. There is no doubt - Vucevic is more talented and has a cleaner medical report, but at 31 years old, how many good years does he have left? Maybe 3-4 years?

Are the Bulls going to beat the Brooklyn Nets over the next 3-4 years? Meh. Fast-forward a couple years and the current stars will be out of the league and the Bulls will be able to ship out multiple firsts again to find their third star next to KP and LaVine. (Maybe by then the Paw will develop)

I doubt the Bulls make this type of trade, but these KP trade proposals (for expirings) are ludicrous. No way Dallas does something like that. Why would they?

This deal makes sense for the Bulls if they can’t find a way to add a third piece for the upcoming season. It creates a larger contention window right when the power teams fall off. What other teams would be as set as the Bulls in 3-4 years?

I follow your logic, I just have never liked KP. Aside from his injury concerns, he is far from a good teammate and he has under performed per his salary. Maybe he turns it around, but he is less athletic this year than last year. His rim protection was gone, he is just a 3p shooter right now. You have more faith in him than I do and no one can see the future but for me I will take Vuc over him (I just threw up in my mouth)
gobullschi
Veteran

Post#1980 » by gobullschi » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:57 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:
gobullschi wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I follow your logic, I just have never liked KP. Aside from his injury concerns, he is far from a good teammate and he has under performed per his salary. Maybe he turns it around, but he is less athletic this year than last year. His rim protection was gone, he is just a 3p shooter right now. You have more faith in him than I do and no one can see the future but for me I will take Vuc over him (I just threw up in my mouth)

That’s fair. I just see the league opening
up in a couple years, which is why I think there is enough logic to at least think about it. I wonder if AK and Porzingis have a relationship considering where they’re from...

What you’re describing sounds more like a critic of how Rick Carlisle is using KP, not his actual skill-set. Plus, it’s hard to be overly critical for a guy who returned from an injury and then had to deal with a COVID season. Talk about a great buy-low opportunity.

Return to Chicago Bulls