Image ImageImage Image

Article: Bulls reportedly consider trading for EL MVP Micic

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Article: Bulls reportedly consider trading for EL MVP Micic 

Post#1 » by sco » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:50 pm

Thanks to Louri for spotting this! Thought it warranted it's own thread.
https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1215828/bulls-micic-thunder/

The Chicago Bulls consider trading to acquire the rights to newly-crowned EuroLeague and Final Four MVP Vasilije Micic from the Oklahoma City Thunder, according to Mozzart Sport.

The report mentions that the Bulls are ready to hit the market to get Micic’s rights even before the NBA Draft.

Recently, Micic’s agent mentioned to Novosti that he won’t allow his client to head to the NBA just to be a bench guy. He also said that if he doesn’t get guarantees that there is a “good and right” situation in store for Micic, then the Serbian guard’s NBA debut will be postponed for another year.
:clap:
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Re: Article: Bulls reportedly consider trading for EL MVP Micic 

Post#2 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:00 pm

Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,523

Post#3 » by Andi Obst » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:04 pm

It’s pretty obvious he wouldn’t come over to play for the Thunder in their current state. Not really familiar with his game yet tbh. Should I be excited?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Post#4 » by Tetlak » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:04 pm

Micic would be a good gamble, especially considering the cost is probably pretty low
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#5 » by StunnerKO » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#6 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:40 pm

Oh we about to get reinforments from overseas I see
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#7 » by WindyCityBorn » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:45 pm

He’s 27 so could be a guy that helps right away. Is any good though?
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#8 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:48 pm

Well, if this was part of the reason AK reportedly drafted Simonovic as a favor to his agent...
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#9 » by sco » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:52 pm

MrFortune3 wrote:Well, if this was part of the reason AK reportedly drafted Simonovic as a favor to his agent...

Was thinking same thing!
:clap:
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,449

Post#10 » by LateNight » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:55 pm

EuroLeague MVP - looks really solid initiating offense. May have questionable defense.

2019, Via SBNation (https://www.libertyballers.com/platform/amp/2019/5/22/18635146/vasilije-micic-vs-real-madrid-micic-flashes-in-pick-and-roll):

“Micić was not at all disruptive on the defensive end in this game. He doesn’t have the explosiveness to swipe steals or cut off lanes, he isn’t quick or aware enough to avoid screens and he does next to nothing on the glass... (However) Micić is frequently asked to defend the point of attack. He almost certainly will not be if he were to join the NBA”

I really like him as a prospect and I think he would help out the team, but I’m not sure he solves all our problems.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,370

Post#11 » by drosestruts » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:58 pm

Very large Serbian population here in Chicago. Could be appealing to Micic.
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,334

Post#12 » by fleet » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:10 pm

Eh, ok. I’ll take Lonzo thanks. Of course this is the cheaper way to go.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
MalagaBulls
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,937
Location: Malaga, Spain (Where the Sun shines 300 days a year))

Post#13 » by MalagaBulls » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:18 pm

fleet wrote:Eh, ok. I’ll take Lonzo thanks. Of course this is the cheaper way to go.

But, but, I thought we were getting CP3. :noway: :noway: :noway:
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#14 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:25 pm

Can't be worth more than a future 2nd to OKC. He has all the power here and clearly doesn't really care if he doesn't come over to the NBA.

He's apparently 6'-6", so he won't get bullied by NBA guards. Doesn't mean he's a good defender, sounds like he isn't, but the height helps.

Would be a creative way to get help for sure.

30 MPG, shot 49% from the field, 39% from 3. So that's another good sign. 17, 5, and 3 were his raw stats.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
fleet
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 32,334

Post#15 » by fleet » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:29 pm

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Can't be worth more than a future 2nd to OKC. He has all the power here and clearly doesn't really care if he doesn't come over to the NBA.

He's apparently 6'-6", so he won't get bullied by NBA guards. Doesn't mean he's a good defender, sounds like he isn't, but the height helps.

30 MPG, shot 49% from the field, 39% from 3. So that's another good sign. 17, 5, and 3 were his raw stats.

A future second would mean this guy is JAG.
Brad Biggs wrote:Fields was in the bottom third of the league in too many key statistical metrics for the Bears to commit to the idea of trading down from the first pick for a bundle of future assets and then building around him.
mack2354
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#16 » by mack2354 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:30 pm

I just watched some highlights. Looks like a shorter, more assertive Satoransky. I like his game but if the reports say he isn't a good defender then I don't see how he is an improvement to our roster. I'd rather have Rubio than him honestly.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#17 » by ChettheJet » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:33 pm

LateNight wrote:EuroLeague MVP - looks really solid initiating offense. May have questionable defense.

2019, Via SBNation (https://www.libertyballers.com/platform/amp/2019/5/22/18635146/vasilije-micic-vs-real-madrid-micic-flashes-in-pick-and-roll):

“Micić was not at all disruptive on the defensive end in this game. He doesn’t have the explosiveness to swipe steals or cut off lanes, he isn’t quick or aware enough to avoid screens and he does next to nothing on the glass... (However) Micić is frequently asked to defend the point of attack. He almost certainly will not be if he were to join the NBA”

I really like him as a prospect and I think he would help out the team, but I’m not sure he solves all our problems.

Not at all disruptive
doesn't have explosiveness for steals or to cut off lanes
isn't quick enough or aware to avoid screens
does nest to nothing on the glass

If people think Lavine is a terrible defender this guy sounds more like an orange traffic cone on defense

Keep the youtube highlights for the Christmas party gag video what I wan to hear is what scouts think about his game. Unless his agent is going to pay his salary I don't GD what he wants to demand for him.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,134

Post#18 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:46 pm

depends on the cost, but his credentials are pretty good. EL MVP is nothing to sneeze at. mike james has been a great addition to the nets and this guy is younger and bigger.

is he the answer at starting PG? probably not, but if he can be gotten for a second round pick, or by pawning off one of our players who has no future on this team, why not?
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#19 » by thedarkstark » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:51 pm

LateNight wrote:EuroLeague MVP - looks really solid initiating offense. May have questionable defense.

I wouldn't exactly consider a guy who will be 28 next season a "prospect"

I like his game, not really sure about the fit though.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,702

Post#20 » by dougthonus » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:54 pm

fleet wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Can't be worth more than a future 2nd to OKC. He has all the power here and clearly doesn't really care if he doesn't come over to the NBA.

A future second would mean this guy is JAG.

Well he's 27, so it's not like he's an unknown. You don't know how his game will translate to the NBA, but if it was projected to be dominant player, then he'd likely already be in the league. So yeah, you can expect that he's no more than a rotation level guy.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter

Return to Chicago Bulls