Image ImageImage Image

Article: Bulls reportedly consider trading for EL MVP Micic

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,397

Re: Article: Bulls reportedly consider trading for EL MVP Micic 

Post#21 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:57 pm

Looks like a way to add some overall talent but he is no savior. I wonder if he is OK being a rotation player, not just a starter. I get the point of not wanting to sit on the bench but I don't know a guarantee tp start him is realistic.
LateNight
Starter
And1: 1,452

Post#22 » by LateNight » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:31 pm

thedarkstark wrote:
LateNight wrote:EuroLeague MVP - looks really solid initiating offense. May have questionable defense.

2019, Via SBNation (https://www.libertyballers.com/platform/amp/2019/5/22/18635146/vasilije-micic-vs-real-madrid-micic-flashes-in-pick-and-roll):

“Micić was not at all disruptive on the defensive end in this game. He doesn’t have the explosiveness to swipe steals or cut off lanes, he isn’t quick or aware enough to avoid screens and he does next to nothing on the glass... (However) Micić is frequently asked to defend the point of attack. He almost certainly will not be if he were to join the NBA”

I really like him as a prospect and I think he would help out the team, but I’m not sure he solves all our problems.

I wouldn't exactly consider a guy who will be 28 next season a "prospect"

I like his game, not really sure about the fit though.

Probably should have said "I like the prospect of him as a player on the team".
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#23 » by HomoSapien » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:39 pm

Don’t know a thing about him, but his highlights do look intriguing.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#24 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:01 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Don’t know a thing about him, but his highlights do look intriguing.

Yeah, he looks like a savvy player. Doesn't blow you away athletically, but he clearly knows how to get to his spots, and uses his body and dribble moves effectively, though not explosively.

Honestly, I don't care where we get the talent, this team simply needs to add more talent. Now the question is, whether we can make it appealing enough for someone who is a star where he is currently playing, to be more of a role player at least initially in the NBA, until he can prove himself.
Why so serious?
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,409

Post#25 » by jump » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:01 pm

Shoots the 3 well.
Drives to the hoop well.
Nices passes.

We need talent. Sounds like a good addition to the roster. Probably signals good-bye to Sato. Could open up enough salary to get improvement at the 3 or the 4 while PWill develops. Let Theis walk and sign Richaun Holmes?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#26 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:35 pm

[gfycat][/gfycat]
kulaz3000 wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Don’t know a thing about him, but his highlights do look intriguing.

Yeah, he looks like a savvy player. Doesn't blow you away athletically, but he clearly knows how to get to his spots, and uses his body and dribble moves effectively, though not explosively.

Honestly, I don't care where we get the talent, this team simply needs to add more talent. Now the question is, whether we can make it appealing enough for someone who is a star where he is currently playing, to be more of a role player at least initially in the NBA, until he can prove himself.

Luka and Jokic along with guys like Paul Pierce have proved athleticism isn’t the end all be all. We need defense and play making though... so he isn’t a perfect fix but if it is a small cost, why not roll the dice. Maybe he can run the second unit and get Coby open shots.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#27 » by CobyWhite0 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:40 pm

Michael Jackson wrote:[gfycat][/gfycat]
kulaz3000 wrote:

Luka and Jokic along with guys like Paul Pierce have proved athleticism isn’t the end all be all. We need defense and play making though... so he isn’t a perfect fix but if it is a small cost, why not roll the dice. Maybe he can run the second unit and get Coby open shots.

I think from other posts you're at least as old as I am (closer to 60 than 50), and if I'm correct, how could you leave out the Hick from French Lick? :D
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#28 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:47 pm

CobyWhite0 wrote:
kulaz3000 wrote:

I think from other posts you're at least as old as I am (closer to 60 than 50), and if I'm correct, how could you leave out the Hick from French Lick? :D

Purposely did because I didn’t want only Caucasian examples lol or too many Celtics. Plus Larry is just too on the nose he is the poster boy for the not athletic guy with skills.

I’m actually 45 but I’m the baby in my family. My father passed last year at 95 so I grew up with old thoughts and ideas lol.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,607

Post#29 » by DuckIII » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:35 am

fleet wrote:Eh, ok. I’ll take Lonzo thanks. Of course this is the cheaper way to go.

I’d like to say AK is smart enough to know we need more than one borderline PG to help this roster. But he was fine going with zero of them last year so who knows.
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,201

Post#30 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:55 am

Been watching clips of him. Obviously, everyone looks great in highlights, but what I'm liking so far about him is how crafty he is around the hoop and also how strong of a creator he is for others. Although we're a solid passing team, I sometimes feel like Sato is just a smart passer in terms of moving the ball but not necessarily someone who creates a lot of opportunities by for others.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,221

Post#31 » by Red8911 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:59 am

drosestruts wrote:Very large Serbian population here in Chicago. Could be appealing to Micic.

Also Vucevic is an ethnic Serbian. He would help Micic out here if he came.
GoBlue72391
General Manager
And1: 5,695

Post#32 » by GoBlue72391 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:10 am

My question is how much better/worse is he than Sato and how much will he cost? They're both big Euro PGs who are about the same age. The difference is Sato costs $10M and this guy almost definitely won't cost that much.

I doubt he'd be willing to sign for the minimum, but if we can get him for half of Sato's contract or less then that will allow us to dump Sato while having a cheaper, ready-made replacement. It doesn't seem like we should count on him as our starter if we do acquire him, but he should be a decent bench piece if nothing else.

Given his age, he's much more likely to be ready to contribute compared to Simonovic.

Sent from my SM-S115DL using RealGM mobile app
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,570

Post#33 » by mj234eva » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:11 am

mack2354 wrote:I just watched some highlights. Looks like a shorter, more assertive Satoransky. I like his game but if the reports say he isn't a good defender then I don't see how he is an improvement to our roster. I'd rather have Rubio than him honestly.

Thankfully, you're not the GM.

If you can't be bothered to write a sentence explaining why you disagree with someone, then don't bother replying. This is just a meaningless insult, even if it isn't the most damning one -Doug
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Post#34 » by CobyWhite0 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:28 am

Michael Jackson wrote:
CobyWhite0 wrote:

Purposely did because I didn’t want only Caucasian examples lol or too many Celtics. Plus Larry is just too on the nose he is the poster boy for the not athletic guy with skills.

I’m actually 45 but I’m the baby in my family. My father passed last year at 95 so I grew up with old thoughts and ideas lol.

Larry certainly is a cliche. But Larry isn't white, he's clear :lol:

You mentioned your dad's age in (I think) the baseball thread, damn! I was 42 when my youngest was born, but your dad was on a whole nother level!!
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,308

Post#35 » by coldfish » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:44 am

Those are some terrible highlights.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 586

Post#36 » by Almost Retired » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:46 am

Tetlak wrote:Micic would be a good gamble, especially considering the cost is probably pretty low

I can't remember who first posted the idea of acquiring Micic rather than Lonzo Ball way earlier this year. I didn't know much about Micic so I found video on the guy was pretty impressed. This was before he was named Euro League MVP and Final Four MVP. He'd come cheaper than Ball. I'm not sure about his on ball defense. But he plays passing lanes pretty well. He has good handles. An above average passing ability. Good size. He's a pretty good deep ball and mid range jump shooter. He and Zach together would make a dynamic backcourt offensively.

I don't know what we can offer the Thunder. They don't really need Micic with Maledon and SAG. Plus they will have at least one high First Round pick with a slight possibility of 2. Either way they have 2 First Rounders and 3 Second Rounders. Maybe AK can swing a trade that not only gets us the rights to Micic but sends us one of two of their 2 nd round picks. We could draft and stash a couple Euro prospects like Ariel Hukporti and Juhann Bagarin. And if AK can swing a trade for Micic it is likely he brings Simonovic over next season.

This is fantastic news if true. I hope AK can pull it off.
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 586

Post#37 » by Almost Retired » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:48 am

jump wrote:Shoots the 3 well.
Drives to the hoop well.
Nices passes.

We need talent. Sounds like a good addition to the roster. Probably signals good-bye to Sato. Could open up enough salary to get improvement at the 3 or the 4 while PWill develops. Let Theis walk and sign Richaun Holmes?

We could still keep Sato to run the bench squad opposite Coby as the 2nd unit SG.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,250

Post#38 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:03 am

Acquiring him and keeping Sato doesn’t make much sense to me.

There is value in signing him if you can flip Sato for a wing or a small asset. Or as part of a larger package.

But if you keep Sato, you have Micic/Sato/White/Arch. Seems like a lot of bodies to me, and I’m not sure point guard is resolved.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,263

Post#39 » by kodo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:36 am

Micic/Sato/White/Arch

If that's our PG rotation next season just end me.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#40 » by League Circles » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:43 am

What are we thinking a trade would have to be? Am I crazy thibking our 2nd rounder and Troy Brown might do it? Is that too much? Too little lol?

I think the FA PG options suck for us so if we could pick him up and also trade Thad for somebody along the lines of Rubio or Dragic, we could possibly resign both Theis and Lauri and use the MLE on a SF to platoon with Patrick. Then all of a sudden we're kinda deep.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear

Return to Chicago Bulls