Image ImageImage Image

Bulls Beat back in a new format with Mark K and See Red Fred

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,702

Re: Bulls Beat 11/22 - C is for Conservative, off-season grades 

Post#81 » by dougthonus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:21 pm

rtblues wrote:
Pax for Prez wrote:
dougthonus wrote:If you aren't a regular listener, a couple fun episodes in the last two:

All subscription links here:
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat

Direct links to the couple new recent shows:
Big Dave from Bulls Outsiders / Bulls Outcasts / BAWL sports joins the show
and
Kc Johnson joins the show

Thanks Doug, loved the KC show. Will be interesting at the trade deadline with Lauri.

Call me crazy, but I think you just found the perfect partner to do 2-man pods with! The episode with K.C. Johnson was quite good. It's good to hear you when you're not fending off wild-eyed ideas from Stans, but rather engaging in-depth discussions with another very knowledgeable and realistic analyst.

For me the two of you are better than the pod that KC does with the NBC Sports crew, or the pod you do with SRF.
Although your ability to completely annihilate the insane ramblings of SRF does have its own special brand of entertainment value!

Believe me, if there was any way that I could do a show regularly with KC Johnson then I'd be all over it. :lol:

KC has always been my favorite Bulls guy, when I did media stuff awhile back, he was super nice to me when I was just starting off doing some media stuff at a time that bloggers were still on the outside looking in and somewhat of a threat to traditional newspaper media (though all the media guys were nice, but KC really stood out).
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#82 » by cjbulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:03 pm

dougthonus wrote:
dougthonus wrote:If you aren't a regular listener, a couple fun episodes in the last two:

and

It was really interesting to hear KC describe his relationship with John Paxson (and to contrast to where he is at with AKME). I thought it was pretty insightful given how many people felt how plugged in KC was.

Nice job Doug on the KC podcast. Interesting to hear KC's comments on the 11 vs 20 Lauri negotiations. They seem to conflict with some earlier KC statements. but it sounds like it was on the higher end of that range when they are $4M apart. The Bulls probably should have been more flexible, but the advantage to locking up Lauri early are all but eliminated if you signed him at $20M.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#83 » by dougthonus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:59 pm

cjbulls wrote:
dougthonus wrote:

and

It was really interesting to hear KC describe his relationship with John Paxson (and to contrast to where he is at with AKME). I thought it was pretty insightful given how many people felt how plugged in KC was.

Nice job Doug on the KC podcast. Interesting to hear KC's comments on the 11 vs 20 Lauri negotiations. They seem to conflict with some earlier KC statements. but it sounds like it was on the higher end of that range when they are $4M apart. The Bulls probably should have been more flexible, but the advantage to locking up Lauri early are all but eliminated if you signed him at $20M.

Yeah was speculative, but I think 16/20 was probably the lines that were drawn.
@doug_thonus on twitter
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Re: Bulls Beat first episode in awhile, KC Johnson back later this week 

Post#84 » by dougthonus » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:27 pm

Put together my first show after my health scare.

Going to have KC Johnson on the show next episode towards the end of the week or early next week.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#85 » by Pax for Prez » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:01 pm

dougthonus wrote:Put together my first show after my health scare.

Going to have KC Johnson on the show next episode towards the end of the week or early next week.

Doug,

2022 Plan makes some sense. The 2 problems I see is I doubt AK/ME will want stay will a similar roster for another year and you also risk that another poor performance by the Bulls and if they then strike out in Free Agency for a 3rd star, Zack may walk.

Hope your surgery goes well !!
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#86 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:38 pm

Wait what happened? You doing ok?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#87 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:43 pm

dougthonus wrote:
AshyLarrysDiaper wrote:I’m an infrequent Bulls Talk listener and hadn’t noticed the Goff overtalking thing until last week, when I walked my dog 7 city blocks during one of his rants (I counted) about giving this front office a chance to prove itself.

I hope someone slides him that note because he’s super talented and deserves to go far.

Yeah, I think its just knowing what role you fill in which situation. Goff is very good and can definitely carry these types of conversations on his own and in fact, it has largely been his job to do primarily that his whole career.

I don't listen to any of the other podcasts too regularly, so I don't know if I also just caught him on a bad day.

Goff has grown Imho. The salsa incident in Atlanta humbled him and made him less of a B&B personality when he came back. I know Terry was his mentor but he did a big Dan impersonation before he went to Atlanta (which was his role being the fill in for that show).
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#88 » by dougthonus » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:02 am

Michael Jackson wrote:

I put more details at the end of my most recent episode, but the gist of it is I need to have surgery to have a rib removed (or partially removed) to reduce risk of blood clots. I have something called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, in six months it should be like nothing every happened if all goes well.
@doug_thonus on twitter
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#89 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:09 am

dougthonus wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I put more details at the end of my most recent episode, but the gist of it is I need to have surgery to have a rib removed (or partially removed) to reduce risk of blood clots. I have something called Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, in six months it should be like nothing every happened if all goes well.

Best of luck! That’s scary.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#90 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:01 am

dougthonus wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

Sorry to hear that, Doug. You're a tough SOB though, so I have no doubts you'll bounce back.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Post#91 » by dougthonus » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:02 am

HomoSapien wrote:Sorry to hear that, Doug. You're a tough SOB though, so I have no doubts you'll bounce back.

Haha, thanks. I don't want to say it isn't a big deal, because it is a big deal, but it is a big deal with well defined steps that lead to full recovery that aren't difficult to do, just will take some time to get through. In that sense, I'm really confident it will be fine and just make for a boring, low-key summer.
@doug_thonus on twitter
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#92 » by sco » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:17 pm

dougthonus wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Sorry to hear that, Doug. You're a tough SOB though, so I have no doubts you'll bounce back.

Haha, thanks. I don't want to say it isn't a big deal, because it is a big deal, but it is a big deal with well defined steps that lead to full recovery that aren't difficult to do, just will take some time to get through. In that sense, I'm really confident it will be fine and just make for a boring, low-key summer.

Will be rooting hard for you Doug!
:clap:
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#93 » by RedBulls23 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:59 am

dougthonus wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that Doug.

Really hope your surgery goes well.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,450

Post#94 » by samwana » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:05 pm

dougthonus wrote:

Sorry Doug, I'll keep my fingers crossed for a speedy complete recovery!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls

Re: Bulls Beat back in a new format with Mark K and See Red Fred 

Post#95 » by dougthonus » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:35 pm

The Bulls Beat is now back with a totally new format.

Mark, Fred, and I were talking about starting a new podcast together, and since I wasn't finding time or will power to record solo efforts we decided to usurp the Bulls Beat rather than try and come up with something new.

The format is a bit different than my solo casts, a little less of me being a robotic crazy guy and a bit more fun and laid back, if that's your thing, you may like to give the show a listen.

RSS: https://feed.podbean.com/bullsbeat/feed.xml
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat will get you links to everything
@doug_thonus on twitter
ikeziskash
Lead Assistant
And1: 158

Re: Bulls Beat back in a new format with Mark K and See Red Fred 

Post#96 » by ikeziskash » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:53 pm

dougthonus wrote:The Bulls Beat is now back with a totally new format.

Mark, Fred, and I were talking about starting a new podcast together, and since I wasn't finding time or will power to record solo efforts we decided to usurp the Bulls Beat rather than try and come up with something new.

The format is a bit different than my solo casts, a little less of me being a robotic crazy guy and a bit more fun and laid back, if that's your thing, you may like to give the show a listen.

RSS: https://feed.podbean.com/bullsbeat/feed.xml
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat will get you links to everything

Thanks Doug! Your show is great.

Return to Chicago Bulls