Image ImageImage Image

The Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

CobyWhite0
Rookie
And1: 819

Re: The Around The NBA Thread 

Post#1241 » by CobyWhite0 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:23 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:I seem to be the only person on the planet who gets incredibly annoyed at the listed start times vs when the game actually starts. TNT, NBA.com had a 6:30 start time, game doesn’t start for another 20 minutes. I purposefully change the channel so they don’t get my viewership. So **** annoying.

Yeah, I guess the rest of the planet understands that when 6:30 is the listed broadcast time, the game isn't starting at 6:30?

I could be wrong, maybe it annoys other people as well?
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#1242 » by Dresden » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:27 am

I guess the Nets don't really miss Harden that much....
Dresden
RealGM
And1: 5,813

Post#1243 » by Dresden » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:30 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:jrue and middleton have been supremely overrated their whole careers imo. they're both above average starters, borderline all-stars, but they're not consistent scorers and neither one is a 'true' second option. they're both essentially luol deng: really good glue guys who play redundant roles.

it's hard to see how they improve from here. tbh I think they'd be well-suited to trade one of them for a couple role players. portis, forbes, divincenzo and tucker seem like fine bench players (dubious about how they actually impact winning tho, we've seen bobby put up nice numbers as a bull yet never impact the game), but their roster is really underwhelming for a lot of reasons outside of giannis. confuses me why they barely played niko, he'd certainly be a better fit with this team than tucker and could've played an important role rather than being relegated to a spot up shooter off the bench.

the other side of it is that brooklyn is really, really, really good. their 'big 3' is better than the heatles and they're also surprisingly deep. harris is one of the most underrated players in the league

I would take the Miami team over the Nets all day long. The Heat could play defense. And all those stars were in their full prime, whereas the Nets guys are teetering on the edge of being past theirs. Heat were much more athletic as well.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,203

Post#1244 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:33 am

CobyWhite0 wrote:
Chicago-Bull-E wrote:I seem to be the only person on the planet who gets incredibly annoyed at the listed start times vs when the game actually starts. TNT, NBA.com had a 6:30 start time, game doesn’t start for another 20 minutes. I purposefully change the channel so they don’t get my viewership. So **** annoying.

Yeah, I guess the rest of the planet understands that when 6:30 is the listed broadcast time, the game isn't starting at 6:30?

I could be wrong, maybe it annoys other people as well?

Part of the problem is it’s not consistent. When the Bulls start time is 7, they usually start around 7:10.

NFL games that start at noon, start at noon on the dot.

Soccer starts on the dot, couple minutes at the most.

TNT tonight was 20 minutes. I’m guessing when games are gonna start so the station can shove ads down my throat.

Imagine wanting to watch a TV show at 6:30 and the credits start at **** 6:45. Idk why sports fans just kind of tolerate it.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
johnnyvann840
RealGM
And1: 18,703

Post#1245 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:37 am

Dresden wrote:I guess the Nets don't really miss Harden that much....

I don't think it's that as much as the Bucks just not showing up. I mean Milwaukee just does not even look like a team that belongs in the playoffs right now.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#1246 » by kodo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:53 am

Dresden wrote:I guess the Nets don't really miss Harden that much....

Yeah a lot of diminishing returns on offensive talent.

But it also allowed KD to play 1/3 of a season and still get the 2nd seed. KD looks like he's basically fresh. Milwaukee has been grinding for 70 games.
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1247 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:01 am

You just don't get blown out by 40 points in the playoffs unless there is something seriously wrong with your team.
I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth. - Hunter S. Thompson
johnnyvann840
RealGM

Post#1248 » by johnnyvann840 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:06 am

Now comes the series I've been waiting for. Suns and Nuggets should be a good one.
TheGOATRises007
RealGM
And1: 18,316

Post#1249 » by TheGOATRises007 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:09 am

It's a wrap.

Nets are sleepwalking to the title.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#1250 » by MGB8 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:17 am

Little Nathan wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Repeat 3-peat wrote:Nets having no problem without Harden.

Not shocked. Bucks live and die by whether Middleton shows up at an all-star level, which is like once every 4th game. Meanwhile, I find Giannis a touch overrated. Simmons with a slightly better jumper, but not as good handle or vision.

Simmons isn’t even close in terms of strength and aggressiveness, especially around the rim. If he was the force Giannis is, the Sixers would be in a much better spot without Embiid.

Repeat after me - Giannis is over-rated

Great open court player, finisher, versatile, high level defender... but not who you want to be your primary ball handler, and while a semi passable shooter, not good enough to cripple defense from the perimeter. Ben Simmons with a better (but still poor) shot, but not as good handling or passing.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1251 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:21 am

HomoSapien wrote:
MrFortune3 wrote:
JimmyButler21 wrote:Should have been Monty Williams

While I agree that Monty was great, that Knicks team well overplayed their talent level.

Plus, CP3 has a large hand in their turnaround whereas Thibs is almost exclusively responsible for the Knicks turnaround.

Agreed. The Suns were headed in the right direction in the bubble and CP3 further elevated them.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1252 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:22 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:You just don't get blown out by 40 points in the playoffs unless there is something seriously wrong with your team.

Bud is getting **** canned after this year. There is no way he survives this if they lose this series.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#1253 » by kodo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:24 am

johnnyvann840 wrote:You just don't get blown out by 40 points in the playoffs unless there is something seriously wrong with your team.

It's the worst perimeter defense in the entire league against KD, Kyrie, etc.. 30th in 3P allowed, 28th in 3PA allowed, 29th in 3P% allowed.

So on this possession, the defensive scheme is to send Giannis on a Blake Griffin 3, double team Brown in the paint, and leave KD wide open at the 3? Brilliant.
Spoiler:
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#1254 » by BullChit » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:39 am

So when do all the GMs officially go in Giannis watch!

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#1255 » by Chi town » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:22 am

Suns looks good. I don’t trust CP3 making it through the playoffs though.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,762

Post#1256 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:21 pm

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:jrue and middleton have been supremely overrated their whole careers imo. they're both above average starters, borderline all-stars, but they're not consistent scorers and neither one is a 'true' second option. they're both essentially luol deng: really good glue guys who play redundant roles.

it's hard to see how they improve from here. tbh I think they'd be well-suited to trade one of them for a couple role players. portis, forbes, divincenzo and tucker seem like fine bench players (dubious about how they actually impact winning tho, we've seen bobby put up nice numbers as a bull yet never impact the game), but their roster is really underwhelming for a lot of reasons outside of giannis. confuses me why they barely played niko, he'd certainly be a better fit with this team than tucker and could've played an important role rather than being relegated to a spot up shooter off the bench.

the other side of it is that brooklyn is really, really, really good. their 'big 3' is better than the heatles and they're also surprisingly deep. harris is one of the most underrated players in the league

No way. Lebron was better than Durant, Wade was better than Harden and Bosh was better than Irving. Only Durant is a good defender. All three Heatles were really good defenders.
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#1257 » by Ice Man » Tue Jun 8, 2021 12:40 pm

I just got something across my screen about how Dwyane Wade, as a new partial Jazz owner, is urging front-office changes. Utah has the single best record in basketball despite having no top draft picks and attracting no elite free agents. If you asked me for the best front office in basketball, Utah would probably be my first choice, based on its results.

If I were a Jazz fan, I would be terrified that a big-name star with no FO experience, or coaching experience, or anything besides playing, thinks that he knows more than the guys who built the team with the best record in basketball, although those guys worked at a significant disadvantage, being a small-market team that didn't get lucky with a lottery ball. But maybe that's me. Maybe other people know that Wade just brings winning wherever he does ... as he did to the Chicago Bulls.
DASMACKDOWN
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 14,348

Post#1258 » by DASMACKDOWN » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:24 pm

BullChit wrote:So when do all the GMs officially go in Giannis watch!

Wont happen. The Greek word for Dame Lillard is Giannis Antetokounmpo :D

Honestly this is why everyone who has been around the league for years laughed when Dame was like I am loyal and threw shade at players teaming up.

Now like 4 years later, he is starting to have second thoughts.

I would say Giannis wont get edgy until maybe 3 seasons from now.

If they get knocked out again in the second round, they will probably change coaches. It will either happen this offseason or next. So then It can go either way after that. So you have to think Giannis would play at least 1 season with a new coach. If that also fails, Giannis will start feeling what Dame is feeling.

The only question is, which team or player is going to be the Lebron equivalent. ie the guy that is best chance to pair with to get to a title game.

I think Luka is going to be the best player but I see more Dirk in Luka than Lebron. I also don't see players flocking to Dallas to play there either. So maybe that player isnt in the league yet unless Luka ends up in LA or Miami in a few years.
The Cult of Personality
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,704

Post#1259 » by BullChit » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:34 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Honestly this is why everyone who has been around the league for years laughed when Dame was like I am loyal and threw shade at players teaming up.

If they get knocked out again in the second round, they will probably change coaches. It will either happen this offseason or next. So then It can go either way after that. So you have to think Giannis would play at least 1 season with a new coach. If that also fails, Giannis will start feeling what Dame is feeling.

The only question is, which team or player is going to be the Lebron equivalent. ie the guy that is best chance to pair with to get to a title game.

I think Luka is going to be the best player but I see more Dirk in Luka than Lebron. I also don't see players flocking to Dallas to play there either. So maybe that player isnt in the league yet unless Luka ends up in LA or Miami in a few years.

Haha your right I should have phrased it how long until sports media speculate that everybody go on Giannis watch.
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
Almost Retired
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1260 » by Almost Retired » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:46 pm

DASMACKDOWN wrote:

Dallas has some good things going for them. Their owner has deep pockets. He doesn't spend money foolishly but he'd spend over the cap for a chance to challenge for titles. Also there is no Income tax in Texas. For players making $20 or $30 Million a year that fact alone can save them $2 or $3 Million compared to playing in California or New York. The cost to live large in Dallas is a fraction of what it takes in LA or NY. And the winter weather is bearable. Luka is firmly implanted as an NBA Superstar at this point. And he shares the ball. There might be a few FAs that will gravitate to Dallas at some point. It doesn't help that they have zero Draft picks this year. And their bench could use some cheap veteran upgrades.

Return to Chicago Bulls