ImageImageImageImageImage

How will Brooklyn winning a championship impact the Knicks

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,943

How will Brooklyn winning a championship impact the Knicks 

Post#1 » by snadler » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:07 pm

Sure anything can happen, but after last night even without Harden it seems pretty clear that the Nets are winning the championship, with that being said, I wonder how the Nets winning a ring will change the knicks plans, will their be a greater sense of urgency to make a splash, will it create another super team knowing that will be the only way to compete with the nets moving forward.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,217

Re: How will Brooklyn winning a championship impact the Knicks 

Post#2 » by Oscirus » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:09 pm

It wont nor should it. If anything it buys the knicks a few years since the nets are clearly the class of the league for now
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
NYKat
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#3 » by NYKat » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:14 pm

I think the younger generation of New Yorkers jumps on the bandwagon, especially if they develop a dynasty, which is like my worst nightmare...

Still we have to resist the urge to compete with their success and focus on steady solid acquisitions and internal excellence
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#4 » by Jimmit79 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:21 pm

It's kinda sad the nets did what Knicks haven't been able to do for 40+ years.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,779

Post#5 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:22 pm

snadler wrote:Sure anything can happen, but after last night even without Harden it seems pretty clear that the Nets are winning the championship, with that being said, I wonder how the Nets winning a ring will change the knicks plans, will their be a greater sense of urgency to make a splash, will it create another super team knowing that will be the only way to compete with the nets moving forward.

The Knicks suck and will continue to suck.

Therefore, no tangible impact.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#6 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:23 pm

Rose will get fired in two years after he fails to deliver "All teh Starz" for Little Lord Dolan.
snadler
Head Coach

Post#7 » by snadler » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:26 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
snadler wrote:Sure anything can happen, but after last night even without Harden it seems pretty clear that the Nets are winning the championship, with that being said, I wonder how the Nets winning a ring will change the knicks plans, will their be a greater sense of urgency to make a splash, will it create another super team knowing that will be the only way to compete with the nets moving forward.

The knicks suck? 4th seed, COY and MOY really?
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#8 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:29 pm

snadler wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

4th seed was just luck of the schedule. There were like 2 games between 4th and 11th.
Knicks are a bubble playoff team, 8th/9th
Thibs gets credit for that.

Narrative has already started Thibs got outclassed in the playoffs and Randle choked and isn't all that.

Knicks draft picks are mediocre and no one is coming to play for Thibs or with Randle and RJ. No one that will prevent the team from being an 8th seed, 1st round exit.

Leon Rose and WWW will get a little richer, disappoint Dolan and then get fired in 2 years.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#9 » by DaGawd » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:30 pm

NYKat wrote:I think the younger generation of New Yorkers jumps on the bandwagon, especially if they develop a dynasty, which is like my worst nightmare...

Still we have to resist the urge to compete with their success and focus on steady solid acquisitions and internal excellence

Yep this is likely what’s going to happen. You’re gonna see a whole generation of NY area kids growing up as Net fans.. it is what it is.. knicks just have to do what’s best for them and not get caught up
BaF
Washington Wizards
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#10 » by seren » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:31 pm

We won’t know this year unless Harden comes back
snadler
Head Coach

Post#11 » by snadler » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:32 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
snadler wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

4th seed was just luck of the schedule. There were like 2 games between 4th and 11th.

Narrative has already started Thibs got outclassed in the playoffs and Randle choked and isn't all that.

Knicks draft picks are mediocre and no one is coming to play for Thibs or with Randle and RJ. No one that will prevent the team from being an 8th seed, 1st round exit.

Leon Rose and WWW will get a little richer, disappoint Dolan and then get fired in 2 years.

Gees, how miserable can you be?
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#12 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:33 pm

seren wrote:We won’t know this year unless Harden comes back

Nets will win it this year.

The league has achieved the mediocre parity it has long sought and the Nets are better than all the remaining playoff teams, who all have issues/injuries.

The playoffs right now is playing out the string, unless KD's achilles explodes again, god willing.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#13 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:34 pm

snadler wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
snadler wrote:

Gees, how miserable can you be?

As miserable as half the board. I'm just collecting it all and repeating it.
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#14 » by Jimmit79 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:34 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Rose will get fired in two years after he fails to deliver "All teh Starz" for Little Lord Dolan.
In Dolans defense the nets collected three superstars for less assets then Knicks have now. I get some fans have given up and set the bar low they want to see college lvl team at MSG.

seren
RealGM

Post#15 » by seren » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:36 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

The league has achieved the mediocre parity it has long sought and the Nets are better than all the remaining playoff teams, who all have issues/injuries.

The playoffs right now is playing out the string, unless KD's achilles explodes again, god willing.

I think all four remaining western teams can beat them. Nets give me 2011 Heat vibes. I think they can figure out next year or if Harden makes a comeback.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#16 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:36 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Rose will get fired in two years after he fails to deliver "All teh Starz" for Little Lord Dolan.
In Dolans defense the nets collected three superstars for less assets then Knicks have now. I get some fans have given up and set the bar low they want to see college lvl team at MSG.

Clock is ticking for Rose and WWW. They were hired to deliver the goods that Mills promised but failed to do.

They'll probably panic and overpay some 2nd tier star in 2 years and then get the boot, but ruin the Knicks cap on the way out the door.

This is the way.
Bob Ross
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,394

Post#17 » by Bob Ross » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:37 pm

F the Nets. Fugazi NY team. Theyre more of a national interest than a NY interest
seren
RealGM

Post#18 » by seren » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:37 pm

Jimmit79 wrote:

Nets were willing to wait on KD and Kyrie for a year. Dolan wasn’t interested in that. It was a mistake of course
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#19 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:39 pm

seren wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I think all four remaining western teams can beat them. Nets give me 2011 Heat vibes. I think they can figure out next year or if Harden makes a comeback.

I'd like to hope so

But Clippers really aren't that good, ultimately
Utah is what Utah always is, two good players and a bunch of guys
Denver is missing Murray so that's probably it for them
Phoenix would just get outscored by the Nets but at least the NBA would like 140 to 130 games in the 4 game sweep
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#20 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:40 pm

Bob Ross wrote:F the Nets. Fugazi NY team. Theyre more of a national interest than a NY interest

I agree.

But they'll win it and Dolan will lose his mind.

Return to New York Knicks