Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,516

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#1441 » by Devilanche » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:38 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1215828/bulls-micic-thunder/

Feels like we gonna get a 2nd for Micic...I doubt he will play for us.

Give me a permission to swap firsts, top 8ish protected 2024.

If we are swapping I can see it being top 15 or top 20 protected instead . Top 8 is too high a value .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#1442 » by Dadouv47 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:42 pm

Devilanche wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:https://www.eurohoops.net/en/nba-news/1215828/bulls-micic-thunder/

Feels like we gonna get a 2nd for Micic...I doubt he will play for us.

If we are swapping I can see it being top 15 or top 20 protected instead . Top 8 is too high a value .

Yeah most casual fans are tripping on the value we could get from Micic. He has all leverage and it sucks for us.

He might be a decent piece in a potential trade for Markkanen if Presti wants to get him (not likely but who knows)
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1443 » by Devilanche » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:51 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Devilanche wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

Yeah most casual fans are tripping on the value we could get from Micic. He has all leverage and it sucks for us.

He might be a decent piece in a potential trade for Markkanen if Presti wants to get him (not likely but who knows)

I don’t mind using him as sweetener to move up draft
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1444 » by Devilanche » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:02 pm

Just spitballing idea here . If we really aren’t going to be signing RFA to offer sheet , what are the chances that we can trade for expirings in exchange for our TPE and immediately arrange a buyout for them ? Would they leave enough on the table ?

It would serves to tie up other team cap space in future in exchange for dead cap for a season ?

Say trade for an expiring of 10m who then leave 2-3m on the table . So we take the cap hit of 7m and ensure our TPEs doesn’t expire ? Basically paying for assets

Edit : just looked through a few team salary (those in luxury tax or close ) dont really see enough of such players that make it possible.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 734

Post#1445 » by cjmcallist » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:39 pm

Devilanche wrote:Just spitballing idea here . If we really aren’t going to be signing RFA to offer sheet , what are the chances that we can trade for expirings in exchange for our TPE and immediately arrange a buyout for them ? Would they leave enough on the table ?

It would serves to tie up other team cap space in future in exchange for dead cap for a season ?

Say trade for an expiring of 10m who then leave 2-3m on the table . So we take the cap hit of 7m and ensure our TPEs doesn’t expire ? Basically paying for assets

Edit : just looked through a few team salary (those in luxury tax or close ) dont really see enough of such players that make it possible.

Also, dead cap hasn't been Presti's MO. He's been willing to take on contracts, but I think they've been somewhat selective in the contracts they take on - even in the past (Kurt Thomas, Delonte West, Wally Szcz.). But, maybe not. Hard to remember back then.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1446 » by Devilanche » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:01 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
Devilanche wrote:Just spitballing idea here . If we really aren’t going to be signing RFA to offer sheet , what are the chances that we can trade for expirings in exchange for our TPE and immediately arrange a buyout for them ? Would they leave enough on the table ?

Also, dead cap hasn't been Presti's MO. He's been willing to take on contracts, but I think they've been somewhat selective in the contracts they take on - even in the past (Kurt Thomas, Delonte West, Wally Szcz.). But, maybe not. Hard to remember back then.

Dead cap haven’t been the MO cause we haven’t had roster crunch before . Next season potentially we only going to have only one guy making more than 10m before any trades.

If there’s something creative to be done with the cap just to get assets , Presti probably is the guy to do it .

I can’t recall which article I read but I remember some other FO rates Presti knowledge of the CBA quite well.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1447 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:09 pm

Well to talk about things trade possibilities according to RealGM trade & transactions, I want no part of Porzingis in OKC. His contract is ugly, he's overrated and don't like his attitude.

Rather gamble on a RFA player.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#1448 » by retrobro90 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:26 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Well to talk about things trade possibilities according to RealGM trade & transactions, I want no part of Porzingis in OKC. His contract is ugly, he's overrated and don't like his attitude.

Rather gamble on a RFA player.

Agreed mostly on this point here. If he was simply overpaid I'd actually be fine bringing him in just to retain a big contract on the books (and it's just the next two years). The fact that he makes a big stink wherever he goes (and not to mention the allegations from a couple years back) makes me not want to touch him. It's such a bad sign when Luka has nothing but positive things to say about him and all Porzingis can do is make passive aggressive comments about "the ball not moving enough" when he doesn't get the touches he thinks he should.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1449 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:52 am

Don't draft Giddey. Does not pair well with Shai.

okc board:

Cunningham
Green
Mobley
Bouk
Keon
Garuba
IJax
Scottie
Kai
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#1450 » by Dn4sty » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:55 am

I’m so ready to compete because I want SGA to get the respect he deserves.
Dn4sty
Analyst
And1: 1,905

Post#1451 » by Dn4sty » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:56 am

getrichordie wrote:Don't draft Giddey. Does not pair well with Shai.

okc board:

Cunningham
Green
Mobley
Bouk
Keon
Garuba
IJax
Scottie
Kai

I can’t think of a situation where SGA doesn’t pair well with a team/roster. His versatility is seemingly limitless
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

Post#1452 » by getrichordie » Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:09 am

Dn4sty wrote:

okc board:

Cunningham
Green
Mobley
Bouk
Keon
Garuba
IJax
Scottie
Kai

I can’t think of a situation where SGA doesn’t pair well with a team/roster. His versatility is seemingly limitless

defensively
[twitter] @thunderdustin
mr570
Senior
And1: 290

Post#1453 » by mr570 » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:37 pm

getrichordie wrote:
Dn4sty wrote:

okc board:

Cunningham
Green
Mobley
Bouk
Keon
Garuba
IJax
Scottie
Kai

defensively

Where do you think Garuba goes? Kinda exciting myself imagining a top 5 pick + move up to take Garuba.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1454 » by Devilanche » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:30 pm

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#1455 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:18 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#1456 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:25 pm

I like it. Fair trade. We had no leverage to steal another rookie from Boston. I think Brown sucks so I'm fine with this
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1457 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:28 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I like it. Fair trade. We had no leverage to steal another rookie from Boston. I think Brown sucks so I'm fine with this

It seems like this will have to be the last time we can flip a big contract for a worse one. I'm somewhat surprised Horford wasn't the last one, but on the other hand I get it. Even if we attach an asset to move Kemba down the road, it's better to accumulate the assets now and get players around Shai sooner than later.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1458 » by Devilanche » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:32 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:I like it. Fair trade. We had no leverage to steal another rookie from Boston. I think Brown sucks so I'm fine with this

There could be something there with brown still, but I still feel like we can rehab some of kemba value.

Im surprised he moved before the lotto get decided though.
Devilanche
Head Coach

Post#1459 » by Devilanche » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:33 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

It seems like this will have to be the last time we can flip a big contract for a worse one. I'm somewhat surprised Horford wasn't the last one, but on the other hand I get it. Even if we attach an asset to move Kemba down the road, it's better to accumulate the assets now and get players around Shai sooner than later.

Off-season haven’t started , there’s always a worse contract waiting to be signed.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1460 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:34 pm

Devilanche wrote:

There could be something there with brown still, but I still feel like we can rehab some of kemba value.

Im surprised he moved before the lotto get decided though.

Also, if Kemba is injured and can't play that has it's advantages too.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder