ImageImageImageImageImage

Thibs wins Coach of the Year

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 527

Re: Thibs wins Coach of the Year 

Post#101 » by Spot31 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:43 pm

8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
frothbrain wrote:Monty got robbed

Monty about to lose to the Nuggies.

Starting when?

Game 2
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
ENYK
Junior
And1: 254

Post#102 » by ENYK » Tue Jun 8, 2021 3:50 pm

I'm really hoping Thibs gets frustrated with the team next season as it regresses, jumps ship to a team further along in the path to contention (he's COY so he'll have options) and we get a coach focused on youth development over instant contention...
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#103 » by Gravy » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:01 pm

ENYK wrote:I'm really hoping Thibs gets frustrated with the team next season as it regresses, jumps ship to a team further along in the path to contention (he's COY so he'll have options) and we get a coach focused on youth development over instant contention...

The best coach we've had in 20 years and some of yall cant wait to get rid of him because he wins too much and wont play Frank...
ENYK
Junior
And1: 254

Post#104 » by ENYK » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:07 pm

Gravy wrote:
ENYK wrote:I'm really hoping Thibs gets frustrated with the team next season as it regresses, jumps ship to a team further along in the path to contention (he's COY so he'll have options) and we get a coach focused on youth development over instant contention...

The best coach we've had in 20 years and some of yall cant wait to get rid of him because he wins too much and wont play Frank...

F*** Frank... He won't play IQ, a player who absolutely kills it in the few minutes he gets to play. Incredibly high rookie PER, star level talent.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,549

Post#105 » by Gravy » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:15 pm

ENYK wrote:
Gravy wrote:

F*** Frank... He won't play IQ, a player who absolutely kills it in the few minutes he gets to play. Incredibly high rookie PER, star level talent.

Fire Thibs because your favorite rookie got a few less minutes than you wanted? Please dont become as ridiculous as the Frank stans were.
offense
RealGM
And1: 4,344

Post#106 » by offense » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:08 pm

Spot31 wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Starting when?

Game 2

Suns will beat nuggets.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 14,559

Post#107 » by KnixtapeH20 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:37 pm

Wow this is a really dumb take... Holy fk b
Montmorencie
Rookie
And1: 816

Post#108 » by Montmorencie » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:48 pm

BugginOut wrote:
Montmorencie wrote:I don't think Thibs is a top 10 coach in the League but damn, 4th in the East with these scrubs? Totally deserved. Sorry but Randle and RJ are not even close to CP3, Booker, Ayton and even Bridges. Right now I'm taking Bridges over Julius and RJ, don't even wanna speak about the other 3.

Phoenix are like the most talented young team in the league, besides Denver, if we count Nuggets are young still. Monty is a solid 2nd place, but Thibs made some miracles happen with them scrubs.

I don’t think there are that many coaches better Thibs other than Spoelstra, Carlisle, Kerr, Pop and Stevens (who isn’t even coaching anymore). Thibs is in that next tier with Bud, Monty, Rivers, Vogel, etc and I think Thibs is better than all of them,

Maybe out of top 10 was bit harsh but I'd go with Pop, Spoelstra, Carlisle, Kerr, Malone, Nurse and Snyder for sure. In my mind there is no doubt these are better. You are probably going to question Malone - well he developed a huge team in Denver and in his second year since Joker and Murray play on high level, he got them to the WCF, beating tougher teams than Thibs has ever beaten in Bulls for his ECF trip. Nick Nurse is a champ in a historically hard trip, no doubt he ranks above Thibs. Also CoY last season. Snyder to me is a better coach. He pulls miracles with this talent-less team. Put Mitch aside, who is your second best player? Is it Gobert, is it the old man Conley? 3 seasons ago they were dinosaurs, same players almost, now they are the most modern looking team with them 3s, rim protection and an actual closer. Props to Snyder as well.

I don't forget Doc, Doc is overrated af.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,815

Post#109 » by 8516knicks » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:09 pm

Spot31 wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Starting when?

Game 2

Gotta call the year, also. :D :D :D
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,443

Post#110 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:27 pm

offense wrote:
Spot31 wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
Starting when?

Game 2

Suns will beat nuggets.

We going back to Denver, yo
Free Palestine
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#111 » by newyorker4ever » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:29 pm

BugginOut wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
BugginOut wrote:Suns fans are going to be pissed that Monty didn’t win, but that team was great in the Bubble and they added an All-NBA player/Hall of famer in CP3

Thibs had almost the exact same roster and almost DOUBLED the projected win total. Thibs honestly should of won in a landslide

Thibs had almost the exact same roster as what?

Same roster as last year

I gotcha, reading it almost makes it sound like you're saying he had almost the same team as the Suns do so it threw me off.... :lol:
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 16,588

Post#112 » by evevale » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:06 pm

Unashamed to admit I'm one of the Thibs haters but he made for an extremely entertaining season and the team has fully bought into his system so who cares how I feel about him. His cult like devotion to Elf and his refusal to try to play Obi and Randle together were my biggest complaints this year.

Obi will be 34 next year so he'll be ready to log bigtime minutes and hopefully we find a real PG in any capacity I don't even care anymore as long as it's not Elf Payton and his parents.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,696

Post#113 » by ccvle » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:00 am

Gravy wrote:

I don't understand fxxg Knicks fans. On one hand they wants people to be patience with Frank and Knox after 3 years but want to replace thibs after one season. I honestly don't care if he is a championship coach or not. After 20 years of rotating a new coach every year, we need stability.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#114 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:45 am

Knicks should have hired Kenny Atkinson, who has far superior hair to Thibs, and then tanked, but also developed players, or something like that. Then the Knicks could be picking 8th again and repeat.
NYK-Mentality85
Rookie
And1: 626

Post#115 » by NYK-Mentality85 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:00 am

Well deserved during the regular season but he was horrible in the playoffs.

You don't promote Rose into the starting 5 while completely destroying our backup unit which Rose was the heart and soul of.

Oh well. Hopefully we have an awesome offseason and Rose can go back to leading the way for a powerful bench.

Sent from my 5062Z using Tapatalk
spree2kawhi
General Manager
And1: 3,811

Post#116 » by spree2kawhi » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:20 am

Gravy wrote:

That's one convincing way of looking at it. He should have played Frank over Payton for stretches though.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,145

Post#117 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:34 pm

ENYK wrote:
Gravy wrote:

Here are the things IQ struggled with at times:

Defense
Being tall
Layups
Functioning as a PG

I'd say if he was better in two of those areas, one of which isn't changing, he'd have played more.

He's a rookie; sometimes they struggle.
Yet he averaged 19.4 mpg.

I think it'll all be fine.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#118 » by Oscirus » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:47 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
ENYK wrote:
Gravy wrote:The best coach we've had in 20 years and some of yall cant wait to get rid of him because he wins too much and wont play Frank...

Defense
Being tall
Layups
Functioning as a PG

I'd say if he was better in two of those areas, one of which isn't changing, he'd have played more.

Also not really physical enough for thibs which is why payton played for so long. Payton may suck i most things, but when invested, he can be physical
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,081

Post#119 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:13 pm

Oscirus wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
ENYK wrote:

Defense
Being tall
Layups
Functioning as a PG

Also not really physical enough for thibs which is why payton played for so long. Payton may suck i most things, but when invested, he can be physical

:lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,093

Post#120 » by moocow007 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:53 pm

Julius Randle had one of the best 2nd season transformations in Knick history under Thibs and Barrett looked significantly better this season than he did last season as one of the youngest players in the NBA on a team where he had to carry a load that few 20 year olds have had to carry. The 25th pick in the draft (IQ) may very well be in the All Rookie 1st team.

What players were Thibs supposed to develop? Knox and Frank? Iggy Brazdeikis? Honestly...which young player did he fail to develop? Obi Toppin?

Return to New York Knicks