ImageImageImage

Had a nice convo with Trae Young, Coach McMillan and others...

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

The Future
Ballboy
And1: 18

Had a nice convo with Trae Young, Coach McMillan and others... 

Post#1 » by The Future » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:41 am

Staying at a nice hotel in Philly, and was headed to the gym, when out of nowhere Trae Young and John Collins rounded the corner into the same hallway I was walking in.

First impression:

1. Trae is a cool kid, taller than I thought.
2. I congratulated him on a great game, and told him to stop shooting from 35 feet out, no one can defend that.
3. Also told him that we’re going to win this series in 6 games
4.Said he should explore and pursue every possibility of teaming up with Embiid next season.
5.And that hack-a-ben isn’t fair, cause he can’t shoot.

He laughed, and said: “Can’t do that my man, I’m here to win, that’s all. Ben gotta step up. We winnin’ in 5 games and we took home court. Playing with Embiid would be lit.”

John Collins was with him, laughing and bragging about his game sealing alley-oop.

Around the corner was Clint Cappela, who I wasn’t in the mood to joke around with. I told Clint, “Embiid is gonna foul you out the next (2) games. Get ready for the bench.”

I also had a great conversation with the lead scout of the Hawks. We spoke about how the Hawks acquired Lou Williams, Capella, etc for loose change, capital wise.

He mentioned something very interesting. Said Dame is leaving Portland, and my eyes lit up. Have always wanted to pair Dame and Embiid together.

After dinner I I spoke with Coach McMillan. I implored him not to implement the hack-a-ben strategy, that it wasn’t good for the game. I also congratulated him on a great job coaching the Hawks. Then told him we’re winning in 6.

I’m here at the same hotel they’re staying at till Tuesday (game day), will add to this post with more inevitable convos.
Kova
Veteran
And1: 711

Re: Had a nice convo with Trae Young, Coach McMillan and others... 

Post#2 » by Kova » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:53 am

This is cool. Thanks!
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#3 » by Zumramania » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:17 am

Great man!
I just don't think that hacking Ben is "unethical" or even bad for him or us. He, unfortunately, needs these kinds of external pushes to motivate himself, and I'm guessing this will lead to him improving the FT shooting. He can hide by not shooting but I am actually glad that with this hacking he cannot hide anymore and will be forced to improve.
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#4 » by Aussiepiston1 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:33 am

Wow dude sounds like you had a really cool experience haha hopefully your trash talking works lol
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#5 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:57 am

Did you feel the urge to throw popcorn on him?
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#6 » by shakes0 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 1:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: C'mon, there's no way this is a true story. You guys can't seriously believe this right? It's obvious BS.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#7 » by Negrodamus » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:04 pm

shakes0 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: C'mon, there's no way this is a true story. You guys can't seriously believe this right? It's obvious BS.

Even if it's false, I'm actually choosing to believe it's true since it's finally a pleasant interaction with our fans and the opposing team.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by shakes0 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 3:46 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
shakes0 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: C'mon, there's no way this is a true story. You guys can't seriously believe this right? It's obvious BS.

Even if it's false, I'm actually choosing to believe it's true since it's finally a pleasant interaction with our fans and the opposing team.

your fans are awesome. I'm from Chicago and went to 2010 game 6 NHL Stanley Cup to see my Blackhawks win it. Wore a Hawks jersey and got heckled nonstop. Sure, there were a few people who genuinely looked like they wanted to kill me for real, but most of the fans were just representing the Philly fan reputation and having fun with it. I did wear a jacket over my jersey when I went to use the restroom though, I'm not that stupid :lol:

In a weird coincidence I'll be in Philly this weekend. I just realized the only facemasks I have are Atlanta Hawks facemasks so I'm looking forward to taking more of that legendary Philly fan abuse this weekend.

But yea, no way this story is true. It has all the telltale signs of someone making crap up.
The Future
Ballboy

Post#9 » by The Future » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:18 am

I’m here at the 4 seasons. Bojan has the hottest chic with him.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,442

Post#10 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:24 pm

Wait what did you have for dinner with Coach McMillan and who picked up the tab? Did you ask him if he is still in contact with anyone in the pacers organization?
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by shakes0 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:49 pm

Eyeamok wrote:Wait what did you have for dinner with Coach McMillan and who picked up the tab? Did you ask him if he is still in contact with anyone in the pacers organization?

no, you're messing up the facts. He didn't have dinner with McMillan, he met him in the bar for drinks late at night. That was after he got done cuckolding Bogi by nailing his hot girl/wife/friend. Which came after he had chicken wings with Lou Williams in the lobby bar.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,859

Post#12 » by Stanford » Tue Jun 8, 2021 2:08 pm

Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:20 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Eyeamok wrote:Wait what did you have for dinner with Coach McMillan and who picked up the tab? Did you ask him if he is still in contact with anyone in the pacers organization?

no, you're messing up the facts. He didn't have dinner with McMillan, he met him in the bar for drinks late at night. That was after he got done cuckolding Bogi by nailing his hot girl/wife/friend. Which came after he had chicken wings with Lou Williams in the lobby bar.

Wait so he had dinner then drinks with McMillan topped off with chicken wings with Lou. I wonder if it was the dry rub lemon pepper. Yummy.

Marlo
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by Eyeamok » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:25 pm

Negrodamus wrote:

Marlo
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#15 » by the_process » Tue Jun 8, 2021 7:53 pm

Stanford wrote:Image

Excellent job on this :lol:
Aussiepiston1
Bench Warmer
And1: 278

Post#16 » by Aussiepiston1 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 10:12 pm

the_process wrote:

Who wrote the story first though? The hawks dude could’ve seen our guy’s story and pretended he was McMillan after lol
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,717

Post#17 » by the_process » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:48 pm

Aussiepiston1 wrote:
the_process wrote:

Who wrote the story first though? The hawks dude could’ve seen our guy’s story and pretended he was McMillan after lol

Go check the Hawks board is all I will say.
The Future
Ballboy

Post#18 » by The Future » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:17 am

You guys are clowns lol. I was at the Four Seasons for (2) nights. Every road NBA team stays there, and the players are accessible, whether in the gym, spa, bar, restaurants, lobby, etc. Didn’t have dinner or anything crazy like that. Spoke with Trae and John Collins outside the gym for 5 mins. Spoke with Capella for 30s, mainly letting him know he’d foul out the next few games, and ran into Nate in the main lobby.
The Future
Ballboy

Post#19 » by The Future » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:27 am

Last bit of info I can share from my trip. Snell smokes some nasty weed. Got into the elevator as he was existing it, and my business partner and I couldn’t believe how strong the smell was. That skunk scent was prevalent for the rest of the day!
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Eyeamok » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:09 am

The Future wrote:You guys are clowns lol. I was at the Four Seasons for (2) nights. Every road NBA team stays there, and the players are accessible, whether in the gym, spa, bar, restaurants, lobby, etc. Didn’t have dinner or anything crazy like that. Spoke with Trae and John Collins outside the gym for 5 mins. Spoke with Capella for 30s, mainly letting him know he’d foul out the next few games, and ran into Nate in the main lobby.

All jokes aside glad you had a good time man.

Marlo

Return to Philadelphia 76ers