ImageImageImageImage

Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow!

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1481 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:12 pm

Bobby Marks made up a fake Porzingis trade on Zach Lowe's podcast of Gary Harris and Terrence Ross for Porzingis.

Even though we arent giving up much, Mavs have to send picks for me to even consider that contract.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Re: Official Spec Thread: I guess now's the time to blow this dumpster fire up and bask in the glow! 

Post#1482 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:17 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:Bobby Marks made up a fake Porzingis trade on Zach Lowe's podcast of Gary Harris and Terrence Ross for Porzingis.

Even though we arent giving up much, Mavs have to send picks for me to even consider that contract.
I was thinking that they may try to get JI and Harris for Porzingas. They have cap space next year to absorb the extra salary. Both JI and Porzingas are coming off ACL injuries. I thought hard about whether I'd do it or not. Porzingas will probably never be a star, and not sure how much he makes a team better.

Harris is pretty frail now too. He was on the floor a few times this year and it looked like he was having a tough time getting up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,471

Post#1483 » by DiplomaticMagic » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:37 pm

basketballRob wrote:
DiplomaticMagic wrote:Bobby Marks made up a fake Porzingis trade on Zach Lowe's podcast of Gary Harris and Terrence Ross for Porzingis.

I was thinking that they may try to get JI and Harris for Porzingas. They have cap space next year to absorb the extra salary. Both JI and Porzingas are coming off ACL injuries. I thought hard about whether I'd do it or not. Porzingas will probably never be a star, and not sure how much he makes a team better.

Harris is pretty frail now too. He was on the floor a few times this year and it looked like he was having a tough time getting up.

No way id do Isaac for Porzingis. Im hesitant to even do a Ross and Harris for Porzingis.

I remember one game a couple years ago, Isaac completely destroyed Porzingis on defense. KP couldnt get a shot vs JI
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
CPBalla2003 n da 863
Assistant Coach
And1: 277

Post#1484 » by CPBalla2003 n da 863 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:39 pm

I would definitely consider that... Zingis can be a number one offensive option again with some good defenders around him and his contract ends around the same time as Isaac and Kelle. But a Pick must come with that deal. Health would be a concern, but 20 PPG scorers don't just grow on trees.
@InthemindofCP on Twitter, Find Me
Thehardwoodnation.com
Balls In Our Court Podcast Link: http://inthemindofcp.podomatic.com
Orlando Magic
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,665

Post#1485 » by basketballRob » Tue Jun 8, 2021 11:41 pm

DiplomaticMagic wrote:
basketballRob wrote:

No way id do Isaac for Porzingis. Im hesitant to even do a Ross and Harris for Porzingis.

I remember one game a couple years ago, Isaac completely destroyed Porzingis on defense. KP couldnt get a shot vs JI
That was pre Isaac having ACL surgery and post Porzingas having one. I probably wouldn't do it either, but I did think about.

RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,772

Post#1486 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:12 am

We handcuffing ourselves to 30+ m/yr for 3 yrs with that contract. Id rather we get back Vuc at least he can bang people down low rather than seeing Zingis getting pushed by reggie jackson
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 891

Post#1487 » by Bakomagic » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:07 am

Acquiring KP is still intriguing to me.

He’s still only 25 years old and is capable of giving you 20pts 10 reb and 2 Blks a game next year !

Yes, his salary is large and still has a few years left but what Free agents are we hoping to sign while we are rebuilding ? Kristaps has done the big city thing in New York and he’s done the team up with a Superstar thing with Luka. This may be a chance for our team to acquire a star who may be willing to stay in Orlando.

But I wouldn’t offer Isaac, I’d rather pair him with Isaac for monstrous rim defending duo who can play together offensively.

How about Harris, MCW and Bamba for Kristaps ?

Then we luck out in the draft and get Cade at #1 and Moody at #2. Then look for a veteran SG with the TPE (maybe take a chance on JRich rounding back into form)

Fultz/Cole/RJ
Cade/JRich/RJ
Okeke/Moody
Isaac/Wagner
KP/WCjr

How’d I do ?
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,963

Post#1488 » by KillMonger » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:06 am

No to Porzingis.....shell of himself and every injury he becomes a worse player....i also have a feeling he isn't going to stop getting hurt
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#1489 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:03 pm

CPBalla2003 n da 863 wrote:

I would definitely consider that... Zingis can be a number one offensive option again with some good defenders around him and his contract ends around the same time as Isaac and Kelle. But a Pick must come with that deal. Health would be a concern, but 20 PPG scorers don't just grow on trees.

I dont believe he can be a #1 option. and he cant stay healthy. i wouldnt want to risk our salary cap on his health.
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#1490 » by paperboymafia » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:29 pm

No way to KP, he's one injury away from retirement.
MagicTownBaller
Veteran
And1: 406

Post#1491 » by MagicTownBaller » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:21 pm

yoyojw17 wrote:
MagicTownBaller wrote:
yoyojw17 wrote:i see you're a one piece fan too! my #1

Of course lol, One Piece is one of my favorite anime's. So far nothing has topped Yu Yu Hakusho for me but One Piece is coming close.

Thanks for making me wanna rewatch that one. there goes the rest of my day! lol

Sorry bro lol

Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,670

Post#1492 » by ChosenSavior » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:15 pm

Another job just opened up in the league:

Read on Twitter
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#1493 » by SD2042 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 4:30 pm

I have to say no to Porgi. As much talent he has, his injuries is too damning to even consider the thought of trading for him. Let alone taking pairing him alongside JI, who like Porgi can't stay healthy himself.
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#1494 » by j-ragg » Wed Jun 9, 2021 5:01 pm

If Zingis was on his rookie deal and they were looking to take a Fultz type flier on him, I’d be all for it. That price tag is really steep though. If we did it I’d talk myself into it, but wouldn’t be excited.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,581

Post#1495 » by Skybox » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:44 pm

j-ragg wrote:If Zingis was on his rookie deal and they were looking to take a Fultz type flier on him, I’d be all for it. That price tag is really steep though. If we did it I’d talk myself into it, but wouldn’t be excited.

Exactly...one more injury and he's in the "worst contract in the league" conversation. Un-tradeable, etc.

Not the right time in our rebirth to shackle ourselves to such a big financial burden with such big risk.
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,603

Post#1496 » by ogmagicfan » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:29 pm

Hell no to Porzingis. They would have to send 2 first rounders for me to even consider that trade. Even then I would say no. Porzingis can’t stay healthy, idk how anyone could say he could be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option on a team after watching him against the Clips.

Considering we could probably get a 1st rounder for Terrence Ross, and possibly a 1st for Harris if we elevate Harris’ value this upcoming season. Why would I trade both to take on the worst contract in the league???
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,091

Post#1497 » by tiderulz » Wed Jun 9, 2021 7:56 pm

ogmagicfan wrote:Hell no to Porzingis. They would have to send 2 first rounders for me to even consider that trade. Even then I would say no. Porzingis can’t stay healthy, idk how anyone could say he could be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option on a team after watching him against the Clips.

Considering we could probably get a 1st rounder for Terrence Ross, and possibly a 1st for Harris if we elevate Harris’ value this upcoming season. Why would I trade both to take on the worst contract in the league???

i dont see any way we could get a 1st for Harris. he is that bad, and has been for years
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,772

Post#1498 » by RookieStar » Wed Jun 9, 2021 9:17 pm

tiderulz wrote:
ogmagicfan wrote:Hell no to Porzingis. They would have to send 2 first rounders for me to even consider that trade. Even then I would say no. Porzingis can’t stay healthy, idk how anyone could say he could be a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd option on a team after watching him against the Clips.

i dont see any way we could get a 1st for Harris. he is that bad, and has been for years

Let's see how we do the reclamation project for him.

Remember last year when MAgic fans claimed we can barely get a 1st for Vuc?

Besides, if all those said about Harris are true ( the great locker room presence, can hold the team down etc etc) then I don't wanna let him go yet. He could be a good influence on our young guys
ogmagicfan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,603

Post#1499 » by ogmagicfan » Wed Jun 9, 2021 10:58 pm

tiderulz wrote:

He’s still there defensively, it’s just the offebsive side of things. It all hinges on him staying healthy. He’s still 26 trying to play for another contract once this one expires. We’ll see if that motivates him enough.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,008

Post#1500 » by fendilim » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:49 am

RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

Let's see how we do the reclamation project for him.

Remember last year when MAgic fans claimed we can barely get a 1st for Vuc?

Besides, if all those said about Harris are true ( the great locker room presence, can hold the team down etc etc) then I don't wanna let him go yet. He could be a good influence on our young guys
i dont think harris was brought in to be a reclamation project.

Similar to why we kept Tross this deadline, all direction points to Harris being a good locker room presence. I think that is what we need with out group of young guys. Similar to how all rebuilding teams bring in veterans to help the kids.

Return to Orlando Magic