Image ImageImage Image

Dennis Schroder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

TheJordanRule
Veteran
And1: 1,253

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#61 » by TheJordanRule » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:38 pm

Tetlak wrote:Guys - you have to understand, when Demar doesn't have the ball, he's not going to be useful. What we need is a low usage, high efficiency offensive player who is capable of creating something if needed. That is not Demar AT ALL.

You never take the ball away from Zach Lavine to give it to Demar Derozan. That's crazy.

And then yes - obviously the defense is horrific as has been pointed out.

As our roster is currently constructed, and will be constructed moving forward (because we committed to this with Vuc), we will be running a lot of offense through Vuc either as an offensive hub out of the high pnr, or in the post.

There really isn't room for Demar on this team. It is imperative that the player we choose is as much as a threat off ball as on ball. Like there's literally no player we can get that will be taking the ball away from Zach and Vuc aside from Kawhi, unless there is a miracle trade out there.

Ok, like who? Theory is great, but implementation is even greater. Sato is that low usage, and high efficiency dude. You want us to add another Sato. Fantastic. Who are we splurging on to avoid DeRozan?
Tetlak
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,134

Re: Dennis Schroeder, Lonzo Ball, Reggie Jackson, Dinwiddie, Cameron Payne, Lowry, take your pick 

Post#62 » by Tetlak » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:39 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:
Tetlak wrote:Guys - you have to understand, when Demar doesn't have the ball, he's not going to be useful. What we need is a low usage, high efficiency offensive player who is capable of creating something if needed. That is not Demar AT ALL.

You never take the ball away from Zach Lavine to give it to Demar Derozan. That's crazy.

As our roster is currently constructed, and will be constructed moving forward (because we committed to this with Vuc), we will be running a lot of offense through Vuc either as an offensive hub out of the high pnr, or in the post.

There really isn't room for Demar on this team. It is imperative that the player we choose is as much as a threat off ball as on ball. Like there's literally no player we can get that will be taking the ball away from Zach and Vuc aside from Kawhi, unless there is a miracle trade out there.

Ok, like who? Theory is great, but implementation is even greater. Sato is that low usage, and high efficiency dude. You want us to add another Sato. Fantastic. Who are we splurging on to avoid DeRozan?

You don't need to spend money on sub par players just because you have money!

You give a big 1 year deal out to maintain future flexibility, or you make a trade for a quality, versatile 3rd option. That's it.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#64 » by weneeda2guard » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:45 pm

Lonzo ball
Schroeder
Dinwiddie

Are the only option imo. I dont see Lowry as a fit in our timeline unless AK is abandoning youth all together and getting a all vet squad. In that case im good with Lowry along with derozan.

I like ball but I can't lie I'm skeptical of him.

Schroeder is good at times I wouldn't let the lakers stint stain him as a player he is pretty good and someone who will take big shots and doesn't fold when the lights are brightest something I fear with lonzo. He not a all star though so it depends on price.

Dinwiddie is a injury risk but I still take him for cheap.

Of course all of this is a void conversation if we luck up and keep our top 4 pick Suggs or Cade here we come!
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
chefo
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,386

Post#65 » by chefo » Mon Jun 7, 2021 8:52 pm

Sato's biggest problem, by far, is that's he's really gun shy. If you can get a Sato-clone that doesn't hesitate to let it fly from 3, at 38%+ and he plays passable D most nights, you don't need that much of a better playmaker than Sato.

The one player that could use a much better playmaker is Lauri and he's most likely a goner. Vuc and Zach don't need anybody to feed them the ball as-is. You need a guy that's passable as a creator, passable as a defender, and can let it fly without thinking too much about it when left open. In essence, a late-season Coby who doesn't suck on D.

In other words, if Coby slots into a predominantly off-ball role, and miraculously starts playing good D, there's nothing out there we can currently get this year that would be a much better fit than him.
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#66 » by thedarkstark » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:48 pm

Bulls need defense and playmaking. Only guy who provides that is Ball.

I love what Cam Payne is doing in the playoffs, but he's still a part-time role player and not an everyday starter IMHO.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#67 » by Michael Jackson » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:13 pm

thedarkstark wrote:Bulls need defense and playmaking. Only guy who provides that is Ball.

I love what Cam Payne is doing in the playoffs, but he's still a part-time role player and not an everyday starter IMHO.

Ball is an upgrade over Sato although they bring similar things. I just don't want Schroder. The fact he is willing to take a big shot is not needed. We have Zach, who isn't shy and neither is Vuc or Coby. Ideally just get me Ben Simmons and I am happy though LOL... S&T for Felicio does Philly bite? Bahahahhaha
TheJordanRule
Veteran

Post#68 » by TheJordanRule » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:27 pm

Tetlak wrote:
TheJordanRule wrote:

You don't need to spend money on sub par players just because you have money!

You give a big 1 year deal out to maintain future flexibility, or you make a trade for a quality, versatile 3rd option. That's it.

Okay, Tetlak, so who's on the 1 year deal as a low usage, high efficiency underrated ISO scorer? You're in the GM chair and capable of applying this theory Tetlak. Make the call!
JohnnyTapwater
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Post#69 » by JohnnyTapwater » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:49 pm

*Vasilije Micic enters the chat*
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#70 » by HomoSapien » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:54 am

Is Shane Larkin someone we should have on our list? I didn't think he was an interesting prospect while he was in the NBA, but he's been doing very well in the Euro League and seems to have some Trae Young to his game. Best case, he's developed overseas into a much better player. Worst case, he's the same player he was in the NBA which was rotation guard.

ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
TheJordanRule
Veteran

Post#71 » by TheJordanRule » Tue Jun 8, 2021 4:15 pm

HomoSapien wrote:Is Shane Larkin someone we should have on our list? I didn't think he was an interesting prospect while he was in the NBA, but he's been doing very well in the Euro League and seems to have some Trae Young to his game. Best case, he's developed overseas into a much better player. Worst case, he's the same player he was in the NBA which was rotation guard.

He's 28, so it's not like there's a ton of upside with Larkin, but I enjoy the creative idea you've come up with. Perhaps. Who would you ax in favor of Larkin? Archi is two years younger, and quite effective during the rare times he's on the floor. Maybe Javonte, or if we get rid of Aminu?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#72 » by sco » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:11 pm

TheJordanRule wrote:
HomoSapien wrote:Is Shane Larkin someone we should have on our list? I didn't think he was an interesting prospect while he was in the NBA, but he's been doing very well in the Euro League and seems to have some Trae Young to his game. Best case, he's developed overseas into a much better player. Worst case, he's the same player he was in the NBA which was rotation guard.

He's 28, so it's not like there's a ton of upside with Larkin, but I enjoy the creative idea you've come up with. Perhaps. Who would you ax in favor of Larkin? Archi is two years younger, and quite effective during the rare times he's on the floor. Maybe Javonte, or if we get rid of Aminu?

If we got Larkin, and he's decent, I'd see if I could trade White for something useful. Arci may be gone anyway, but he's a 15th man. I like Green on a vet min deal. Aminu is next season's version of Felicio.
:clap:
KissedByaRose1
Pro Prospect
And1: 422

Post#73 » by KissedByaRose1 » Tue Jun 8, 2021 6:50 pm

If the Heat try and salary dump Dragic this offseason i'd be pretty interested. Health is a concern for sure, but i think he'd play great with Zach and help us push the pace. Wouldn't give up an asset for him but I don't see Riley rolling this Heat group back again and something tells me he could be had.

I'm a dummy in regards to CBA things but could we get any kind of trade exception for dealing Lauri this summer then use that right away to absorb Dragic and a pick if MIA is looking to dump him?
DuckIII wrote: We can't out-Miami, Miami. But based on their roster, we can out-Chicago them.
mj234eva
General Manager
And1: 3,567

Post#74 » by mj234eva » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:03 am

Rose2Boozer wrote:None of the above.

Coby White and sign Elfrid Payton to a cheap backup deal.

The Bulls should steal Burks and Payton for the Knicks.

Elfid Payton??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Michael Jordan wrote:Sometimes I wish I could be my teammates looking at that
defense. It must be nice. But it isn't nice for me.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#75 » by sco » Wed Jun 9, 2021 12:55 am

mj234eva wrote:

If the Knicks swing for the fences, I'd be trying to get any/all of Rose, Bullock, Burks and Noel.
:clap:
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 646

Post#76 » by Rose2Boozer » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:43 am

mj234eva wrote:

I'd take Payton as a under five million veteran backup point guard.
ROLES & HOLES
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#77 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:03 am

Lonzo Ball. He has the handle, can defend PGs and is a good spot shooter. Not perfect by any means, but he is best available that can grow with the team. Dinwiddie on a really cheap short deal is another option.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,171

Post#78 » by HomoSapien » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:32 am

TheJordanRule wrote:

I think if Larkin's leaving his big role in Europe he'd want to be at least the primary backup. If he's not good enough to supplant Sato it's probably not worth it for either side, IMO.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#79 » by MrSparkle » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:00 pm

I think Dinwiddie on a 20m/1y trial deal is looking more reasonable. S&T via Aminu/Sato.
leo921
Senior
And1: 216

Post#80 » by leo921 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:09 pm

I think Duncan Robinson or Kendrick Nunn can really help us.

Robinson is a solid passer(nothing fancy), team defender, and an amazing shooter. Now when teams try to double Lavine or Vuch You can have Robinson out there killing them from 3 or attacking a scrambling defense. Cna play that Joe Harris role but as a PG, keep things spread out and make life easier for Lavine, Vuch and Williams by spreading the floor. For the amount of cap room we have Robinson is very gettable and would make us better.

Nunn is a solid passer, (nothing fancy), solid team and man defender, streaky shooter and can drive to the basket. Still developing as a player. Think he can really help on both D and hit shots on offense , provide a bigger impact for us then Ball

Return to Chicago Bulls