ImageImageImageImageImage

Around The NBA - Round 2 - New Thread!!!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,032

Around The NBA - Round 2 - New Thread!!! 

Post#1 » by Capn'O » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:39 pm

robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

so the only player in modern basketball to be this bad in the playoffs

kawhi leavin fam

But he did this.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Re: Around The NBA - Round 2 - New Thread!!! 

Post#2 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:41 pm

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#3 » by Fury » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:43 pm

Capn'O wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

kawhi leavin fam

But he did this.

lmao at the other dudes played in the 50s and 60s (other than DJ)
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,058

Post#4 » by stuporman » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:44 pm

Let the imaginary curse shaming begin.... :lol:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,264

Post#5 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:44 pm

He is putting up Logan Paul numbers.....Logan Paul George :lol:

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
ENYK
Junior
And1: 254

Post#6 » by ENYK » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:45 pm

Fury wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

kawhi leavin fam

But he did this.

lmao at the other dudes played in the 50s and 60s

Most definitely... He's leaving the Clippers to play with a guy who shot 29% in the first round against the Hawks...
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#7 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:47 pm

Kawhi just wants to live in San Diego. I’ve given up on that dream he’ll come here
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#8 » by god shammgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:48 pm

they really told me on here that pg was better than melo back in the day. the unmitigated gall.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#9 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:52 pm

god shammgod wrote:they really told me on here that pg was better than melo back in the day. the unmitigated gall.

I told you he was better than James Harden...

very terrible person I am....the worst...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#10 » by god shammgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:53 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:they really told me on here that pg was better than melo back in the day. the unmitigated gall.

:lol: yes. yes you are.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#11 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:55 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

The pandemic p creator
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#12 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:56 pm

I used to like Paul George a lot when he was on the Pacers. Crazy how he turned into a massive choke artist with all that talent
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#13 » by god shammgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:00 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:I used to like Paul George a lot when he was on the Pacers. Crazy how he turned into a massive choke artist with all that talent

he was always super streaky offensively even on those pacers teams. he would go a month shooting terribly and then get hot for a month. but people didn't notice because they won a lot. those teams were like this knicks team in a way, they were mostly bad offensively but very good defensively.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,902

Post#14 » by DaGawd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I used to like Paul George a lot when he was on the Pacers. Crazy how he turned into a massive choke artist with all that talent

he was always super streaky offensively even on those pacers teams. he would go a month shooting terribly and then get hot for a month. but people didn't notice because they won a lot. those teams were like this knicks team in a way, they were mostly bad offensively but very good defensively.

It appeared he had TMac potential at the time. As the years went by tho he just got lazy and stopped going to the basket. Loves settling for the 3 ball too much
BaF
Washington Wizards
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#15 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:06 pm

god shammgod wrote:

Yeah I think I liked him more because he never was the most efficient but he was a great defender on the pacers. He would go up against those Lebron/Wade heat teams and hold his own and usually be the guy defending them.

Now he kinda just stands around the perimeter and just shoots. He really isn't the defender he use to be. Neither is Kawhi but Kawhi offensive game has gone to another level.

I think the clippers originally thought they were getting 2 elite two way players...and they would figure the rest out. It obviously hasn't worked out that way for them. The need for a point guard is very evident and there offense can be pretty stagnant. And defensively they really can't stop anyone.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#16 » by god shammgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Yeah I think I liked him more because he never was the most efficient but he was a great defender on the pacers. He would go up against those Lebron/Wade heat teams and hold his own and usually be the guy defending them.

Now he kinda just stands around the perimeter and just shoots. He really isn't the defender he use to be. Neither is Kawhi but Kawhi offensive game has gone to another level.

I think the clippers originally thought they were getting 2 elite two way players...and they would figure the rest out. It obviously hasn't worked out that way for them. The need for a point guard is very evident and there offense can be pretty stagnant. And defensively they really can't stop anyone.

yeah, his defense was elite at one time. now it's not. kawhi can at least still do it. you saw him do it again luka in the last game. but at damn near 30 and with the injuries, he don't have the energy to carry the offense and d up the opposing best player. he can only play d in spurts.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#17 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:24 pm

Honestly I haven’t heard of Paul George locking up anybody on defense in years
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,058

Post#18 » by stuporman » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:40 pm

So Kawhi is going to leave the Clips because PG is a playoff choker and come to the Knicks because Randle's playoff premier was such a stellar clutch performance? Have I got this right? Are people still thinking that this is a thing that can happen?

I have to wonder if all the positive energy and culture change that was established through the season may have been tarnished with the atrocious display in the playoffs so any stars considering the Knicks by the end of the regular season may have second thoughts now.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#19 » by god shammgod » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:42 pm

stuporman wrote:So Kawhi is going to leave the Clips because PG is a playoff choker and come to the Knicks because Randle's playoff premier was such a stellar clutch performance? Have I got this right? Are people still thinking that this is a thing that can happen?

I have to wonder if all the positive energy and culture change that was established through the season may have been tarnished with the atrocious display in the playoffs so any stars considering the Knicks by the end of the regular season may have second thoughts now.

wonder no more. that's what's gonna happen
ENYK
Junior
And1: 254

Post#20 » by ENYK » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:47 pm

god shammgod wrote:
stuporman wrote:So Kawhi is going to leave the Clips because PG is a playoff choker and come to the Knicks because Randle's playoff premier was such a stellar clutch performance? Have I got this right? Are people still thinking that this is a thing that can happen?

wonder no more. that's what's gonna happen

I think all of this "culture change" bull**** will 100% be negated if we double down and tie the franchise's future to the guy that got exposed in the playoffs... Such a Knicks move to reward that s***. Reminds me of not using the amnesty clause on Allan Houston's contract... And at least he contributed years of service and some playoff wins before becoming our albatross...

Return to New York Knicks