ImageImageImageImageImage

THJ

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

AusKnicksTape
Senior
And1: 422

Re: THJ 

Post#121 » by AusKnicksTape » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:29 am

What’s Dallas’ move next season. I can’t see how they take the next step.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,962

Post#122 » by knicks94 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:35 am

Let's give THJR a max contract and while we're at it bring back Jared Jeffries and Jamal Crawford.
AusKnicksTape
Senior
And1: 422

Post#123 » by AusKnicksTape » Mon Jun 7, 2021 9:40 am

knicks94 wrote:Let's give THJR a max contract and while we're at it bring back Jared Jeffries and Jamal Crawford.

Lol I love how you hit both threads with a sarcastic reply :lol: I was following my posts and then saw each of yours and it made me smile.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,130

Post#124 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:55 am

blackstar wrote:How many are ready to admit they were wrong about THJ?

The guy has turned into arguably the Mav's second best player and the best asset that went out in the KP trade. What was seen as a negative asset at the time has turned into gold for them and we should have gotten value back for him. I never was a detractor of Timmy and thought that $18 million wasn't a bad contract for him. He was still young, could shoot the lights out, was clutch and was drafted by us. Yeah he made some boneheaded plays here and there but imagine if he had been given a chance under Thibs? Thibs might have turned him into a legit two way player.

I think Timmy was a victim of the classic fan impatience we have here with young players. He was never given the patience that Frank was given.

Bro, you gotta go over to the Dallas forum and tell them to be more patient. They’re saying stuff like let’s not resign THJ and he’s a 6th man and he sucks and stuff like that. Tell them not to make the same mistakes us Knicks fans have made.
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,372

Post#125 » by Zenzibar » Mon Jun 7, 2021 12:24 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:It always bothered me how some Knicks fans only had eyes for KP and used Timmy as the scapegoat for KP's shortcomings.

Obviously KP was the better defender. But offensively, they were about the same.

In 2017-18, KP's TS% was .539. Timmy's was .533. Timmy was a much better passer.

Timmy has become a good player in Dallas and he has probably surpassed KP as a two-way player, especially since KP now gets targeted in the pick-and-roll defensively.

I'm very happy for him. He's a class act who always got treated unfairly by most of the fans as a Knick.

I don’t think ppl treated him bad personally. Like you said, he’s always been a class act sans a few outbursts when he was younger.

It’s just what he represented: a shortsighted idiotic GM who was ecstatic to not only ruin our lottery position in a
great 2018 class but also limit our cap space in the monster 2019 FA bonanza.

I remember differently.
Stop All Genocides
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#126 » by seren » Mon Jun 7, 2021 5:59 pm

In hindsight, we should have kept him and get higher compensation from Dallas.

Previously when Phil Jax was shopping KP, he tried to attach Noah's contract which backfired. Whenever you are shopping a "star" player, your objective should be to maximize return, not dump unwanted contracts.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,112

Post#127 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:09 pm

seren wrote:In hindsight, we should have kept him and get higher compensation from Dallas.

Previously when Phil Jax was shopping KP, he tried to attach Noah's contract which backfired. Whenever you are shopping a "star" player, your objective should be to maximize return, not dump unwanted contracts.

Jackson's problem as a GM was that he had no idea what he was doing (and I absolutely loved him as a head coach). He traded guys he didn't like away and asked only what he valued those guys at (next to nothing) in return from the other team. Instead he should have attempted to convince the other team how valuable the guys he didn't want were (like every other top tier GM would have) and gotten more back.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,923

Post#128 » by Stannis » Mon Jun 7, 2021 7:17 pm

Let's all be honest. We will sign him for a third time. We can feel it. It's happening.
Free Palestine
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#129 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:02 pm

Zenzibar wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Chanel Bomber wrote:It always bothered me how some Knicks fans only had eyes for KP and used Timmy as the scapegoat for KP's shortcomings.

Obviously KP was the better defender. But offensively, they were about the same.

In 2017-18, KP's TS% was .539. Timmy's was .533. Timmy was a much better passer.

Timmy has become a good player in Dallas and he has probably surpassed KP as a two-way player, especially since KP now gets targeted in the pick-and-roll defensively.

I'm very happy for him. He's a class act who always got treated unfairly by most of the fans as a Knick.

I don’t think ppl treated him bad personally. Like you said, he’s always been a class act sans a few outbursts when he was younger.

It’s just what he represented: a shortsighted idiotic GM who was ecstatic to not only ruin our lottery position in a

I remember differently.

let me know when ppl went after him on a personal level. Like vehemently hated the man who THJ is.

Those of us who care about the long term for this franchise hated the contract from day one. And we were 100% right.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,514

Post#130 » by Chanel Bomber » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:44 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

I remember differently.

let me know when ppl went after him on a personal level. Like vehemently hated the man who THJ is.

Those of us who care about the long term for this franchise hated the contract from day one. And we were 100% right.

Erm emasculating him by calling him Tammy (which is a bit sexist but whatever we all know this board is hell anyway) is definitely personal.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#131 » by dakomish23 » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:18 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Zenzibar wrote:

I remember differently.

Erm emasculating him by calling him Tammy (which is a bit sexist but whatever we all know this board is hell anyway) is definitely personal.

I forgot they did that :lol:

I remembered Tommy and then all the Martin jokes
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,608

Post#132 » by Gravy » Wed Jun 9, 2021 6:36 pm

AusKnicksTape wrote:What’s Dallas’ move next season. I can’t see how they take the next step.

Trade Doncic Timmy and KP for a top 5 pick before they treadmill.

Return to New York Knicks